Trailers: Resident Evil 6 - Official Trailer

Penguinishka

Mar 19, 2009
Ehhhh. It seems like it'll be better than 5...
Glad we got some Leon in there, that's for sure.
HOWEVER, what happened to him. Like he hung out with Chris for too long or went on a McDonald's binge. He's all fat-faced and shiny. That's not cool :p

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I'm one of the few people (apparently) who thought that RE5 was actually enjoyable, but this actually looks pretty good. Anticipation is growing.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
hmm cant say im exited... i guess well wait and see but unless theres a major twist ill keep my 60$ thank you very much...

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Hey, this looks pretty good. Hopefully we get huge hords of zombies, that can be hoffifying even if you have powerful weapons and can fight them.

I just hope the plot will be as stupid as before, that's a part of why I love RE.

Charmi the ninja

May 28, 2011
At first I was like, ?Wow, this looks amazing!?
And then 3 minutes in I was like ?Holy Magicarp! Did I just see a colossus?!!! ?

coolerthanice21

Feb 23, 2010
I wonder if the "mercenary" guy and the blonde girl with him are Steve Burnside and Sherry Birkin. She looks like she'd be about the right age.

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
Arkley said:
Woohoo! Huge RE fan here, and I didn't see a single thing in that trailer that I didn't like. I mean, yeah I would prefer a return to the old slow-burning, ammo-starved Resident Evil, but this still looks fantastic.

I really hope that they'll update their controls and let us move while shooting this time, though. I get that it's supposed to create tension and everything, but...maybe find a way to create tension that doesn't involve artificially handicapping the player.

On a side note, did anyone else see the really large amount of enemies on screen at once during the brief snippets of Leon's gameplay sections? It looked pretty intense. I guess that if they wanted to re-introduce traditional RE zombies, large numbers of them would be necessary to make them threatening again, since they move so slowly and clumsily in RE canon.

Also, did you notice that in their respective gameplay snippets, Leon seemed to be dealing with huge hordes of slow moving zombies, Chris seemed to be taking cover and shooting at enemies who were shooting back? There could be a pretty big divide in how each character plays, which is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Variety never hurt anyone.

Damnit, why does it have to be so far away? I want to play it now.
Seconded. I'm rather interested in who the cocky wesker fellow it, i'm thinking perhaps HUNK? It's been mentioned his hair is short and a dirty blonde/white colour here and there. Still lik yourself i'm rather interested in it all.
It'll be interesting ot see if the player's perspective jumps characters or if each one has their own story line and if so i'm hoping for something on par with resident evil 4's length.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
1:25

"Wanna tell me what's in there?"
"It's better if I show you."

I highly doubt that. :/

Seriously though, I love for Paul and Graham to make an Unskippable out of this trailer. So yeah, it's not a cutscene, but it'd still be good.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
anthony87 said:
All I can say is that it looks quite fucking glorious.

Also...have Chris' arms shrunk down to realistic proportions or is it just me?
I was thinking the same thing. He looks like an actual person rather than a melon smuggler. If he can still punch zombies in the head and make their head explode I am satisfied.

I am really looking forward to this.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
awesome trailer, it really is
never been a huge RE fan, but I do like Leon and Chris both
gonna miss Wesker but oh well :]

Llamazoid

Mar 10, 2011
Trailer looks promising, I wish Clair Redfield was in the trailer then it would have been complete. Wait I heard a noise it couldn't be...Ashleigh!? Oh no!

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
The gameplay parts look interesting, but I'm not going to buy it of course. Capcom and their locked/restricted on-disc content at launch can go fuck themselves, they are one of those companies that gamers need to consciously filter out of the industry.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Carnagath said:
The gameplay parts look interesting, but I'm not going to buy it of course. Capcom and their locked/restricted on-disc content at launch can go fuck themselves, they are one of those companies that gamers need to consciously filter out of the industry.
lol, they cant not worse then ?A.

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
I like the acrobatics. We've come pretty far from the days of tank controls, no? I'm not happy that the infected with guns make a return, though. The cover mechanic doesn't seem too bad (Especially since they can apparently pull you out of it), but...it makes me feel like there will be more enemies with guns than are really necessary.

inb4 'OMG THIS ISN'T RESIDENT EVIL! RUINED FOREVER!'
Technically we don't know if those were (confirmed) infected or UBCS (Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service)/3rd-Party - type mercs/PMCs. :p

Though that would be admittedly a re-used, and maybe even "dead horse" plot gimmick shared with Capcom's next 2 RE/BIOHAZARD releases this year.

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
Having jumped into the series rather late at around the 4th one when I could stomach the horror, I've found the Ressy Evil saga gets progressively better each time for me. Blasphemous perhaps but I still find that while fixed camera angles produce more atmosphere, the controls for me personally remain infuriating.
Then again on the flipside when people whined about not being able to reload on the fly, this felt like realism to me as if I was in the fight, I'd prefer to take a moment to make sure I home in that next clip cleanly and with precision.

Upon seeing this trailer, I'm seriously excited and hoping for big things as we get to see Chris lead an entire team of his BSAA comrades into battle (though technically he did too in RE5 but they all got split up and were nailed pretty early on) and bring some familiar faces into the foray; while bringing a new story, location and plot to the saga (heck I heard someone online say that short haired dude could well be HUNK and a close friend putting money on the young girl being Sherry Birkin)

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I think I need to see more of this to get excited, because right now all i'm seeing is an action shooter and i'm pretty bored with shooters.

I'll still keep an eye on it though, even if it is more of a shooter than a survival horror it still might turn out to be pretty good.

gentlemanghost

Jul 7, 2011
coolerthanice21 said:
I wonder if the "mercenary" guy and the blonde girl with him are Steve Burnside and Sherry Birkin. She looks like she'd be about the right age.
Um...if you remember "Code Veronica," I'm pretty sure there is no way that could be Steve Burnside