Trailers: Resident Evil 6 - Official Trailer

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
By the looks of it... YOU CAN MOVE WHILE AIMING.

Go back to the video and watch Leon at 1:15 to 1:17, it looks like he's side strafing left before he starts shooting. No one caught that?

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
If I recall correctly, previously capcom stated that RE6 was to reboot the franchise. So it looks like they're doing something akin to Mortal kombat, where the events of previous games still happened, but we're more or less starting fresh. :) I can dig that.

I want to know who this "*****" is that Chris is raging about. Remember there was that trailer of a hand held RE game where chris and jill were at ends about something? le HMM!

mightybozz

Aug 20, 2009
*sigh*. So we're definitely in the area of action gaming from now on. No horror ever again.

I'm probably not going to play it. But if I did, I need some explanation as to why the WHO, the UN and similar international bodies haven't banned all this biological weapons research and come down on it like a ton of bricks. It's clearly incredibly bloody dangerous. Doesn't make sense that all these outbreaks would be allowed to continue.

AlohaJo

Nov 3, 2010
So I watched the preview a second time, and I noticed something: in the first bit of Leon's in-game footage, he was WALKING AND SHOOTING AT THE SAME TIME!

Shame Capcom. Shame. How could you do that do us?

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
As an avid RE fan all I can say is two things: what happened to Leon's voice and HOLY SHIT I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
coolerthanice21 said:
I wonder if the "mercenary" guy and the blonde girl with him are Steve Burnside and Sherry Birkin. She looks like she'd be about the right age.
The mercenary guy is almost certainly Alex Wesker, the guy who Spencer sent to find the secret of immortality. Apparently Alex did manage to find it, then betrayed Spencer and dropped of the radar.

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
I'm disappointed by the 'moving and shooting' implementation. One of the tension building elements of Resident Evil was that you had to shoot from a stable position. I liked that.

However, I really like what appears to be the 'multiple campaigns' feature. RE5 really lacked atmosphere. Solid game but atmosphere is one of the keys that separate an action game from a horror one and the possibility of multiple campaigns not only allow for different gameplay mechanics the merc story (I'm going with Hunk as the character: dude's been in the shadows all too long but knows enough that he'd fit that line) seems to take from Nemesis--run run run! and Leon's story seems to fit in with more of a Resident Evil 2 + 4 thing, while Chris's is working more of the 5's action-oriented/team member game.

The variance could make for a really kick ass experience!

What's unusual (to me) is what appears to be no playable or relevant female character leads, something the series usually is pretty good about.

That isn't a criticism: I think you do what the story asks of you. I just think that's different.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
"It's Racoon city all over again..."

What's that Capcom? You're going to make the same game over and over again, slowly phazing out even the slightest idea that you ever had a survival horror franchise. Good plan.

Resident Evil really is like the shambling zombies that it so frequently portrays. It just won't stay dead.

SAYING THAT HOWEVER...

This game does look bloody intense and who knows, it might actually be playable as well. I guess I'm just mourning the loss of yet another good survival horror franchise. First Silent Hill fell. Now Resident Evil has become a run and gun zombie shooter.

No hope left indeed...

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Alright, can someone help me out?

If you get bit by a zombie in the Resident Evil universe, do you turn? Or was that only in the shitty movies?

I didn't play too much of the originals.

OT: Looks actually extremely good. Leon now actually looks cool, and not the stupid pretty boy that was hard to take seriously, that new mercenary guy looks like he'll be fun to play (ten bucks says he's related to Wesker), and Chris Redfield... well, to be honest, I always fucking hated his guts. That boulder punching reject.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Proverbial Jon said:
This game does look bloody intense and who knows, it might actually be playable as well. I guess I'm just mourning the loss of yet another good survival horror franchise. First Silent Hill fell. Now Resident Evil has become a run and gun zombie shooter.

No hope left indeed...
The thing was, it really wasn't ever that good. Back in the old days it managed to fall into a really lucky niche in the market, and was outplayed by Silent Hill at every conceivable turn. The story was contrived and rather dull.

While I'm with you in the "it should at least try to be scary", this is ultimately a much better choice.

And speaking of Silent Hill, have you seen the new one? It actually looks pretty good.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:
Proverbial Jon said:

No hope left indeed...
The thing was, it really wasn't ever that good. Back in the old days it managed to fall into a really lucky niche in the market, and was outplayed by Silent Hill at every conceivable turn. The story was contrived and rather dull.

While I'm with you in the "it should at least try to be scary", this is ultimately a much better choice.

And speaking of Silent Hill, have you seen the new one? It actually looks pretty good.
To be honest, I was being quite generous when I said it was a "good" survival horror franchise. They were competant games and they brought the scares well enough, but it wasn't my favourite franchise, simply because jump scares don't get me as well as Silnet Hill's own brand of fatal blood pressure inducing tension.

Although I'm in no doubt that this game is probably the direction they should have taken a long time ago, it is still sad to see yet another popular franchise fall back on all-out action simply to please the masses. Still, they're a business and they have to roll with the times, I get that.

I have seen some trailers for the new Silent Hill and have been following it closely. I was dissapointed when the release date was put back. I am intrigued but I won't invest much more of myself than that at this stage, not after being burned by the last 2 games. Fingers crossed that Vatra have found a winning formula in Downpour.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I like the look of the Leon parts - looked like it was returning to form. The Chris Redfield parts... I just hope they won't be too actiony...

And please... no co-op, no co-op, no co-op...

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Firia said:
I want to know who this "*****" is that Chris is raging about. Remember there was that trailer of a hand held RE game where chris and jill were at ends about something? le HMM!

My guess it's ada, she is said to be in this game so...

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Im thinking Steve. I see his hair more red, green hand (maybe glove? cant see well, but its only on one hand) and a virus inside him everyone seems to want?

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009

[HEADING=1]OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWESOME[/HEADING]

after RE5's unusual african setting, which kind of set me off, this is so exciting to see both Leon and Redfield, plus this new ass kicking mercenary guy, in one game set in a normal big city overflowing will traditional zombies.

i mean, i saw cars on fire in the streets with zombies loitering by them, dark subways with zombie's shadows on the wall, refield and a firesquad running past screaming citizens, TOTALLY AWESOME KUNG FU ON ZOMBIE ACTION, soliders turning into zombies, helicopter and motorcycle chase scenes, AND GIANT SCARY MONSTERS! this game's got all the fun zombie movie cliches we love AND THEN SOME!

BUT WHY DO I GOTTA WAIT SO LONG?!?!

Foxblade618

Apr 27, 2011
All that I needed to see in this trailer to get excited about the game was there in the first seconds - LEON MOTHERFing KENNEDY!!!! That man is the god-king of the RE universe. Just give me more Krauser in Mercs and I will preorder the damn thing now