Transformers 2 Writers Explain Why it Sucked

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
That's the excuse? Bad timing?

Not bad acting or bad writing? Of course not they were perfectly fine

/sarc
Seriously. I mean, the treatment must have had the racist duo of VW Beetles: else where did they come up with that idea?

And racist stereotypes obviously were the fault of bad timing and not bad writing.

Give me a break.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I can understand this being a factor. If they'd had more time, then it could have sucked slightly less. In that way, this is true. However, it is not even almost the only reason the movie was awful, just one small reason of many.

P.S. Thanks

olfelix

May 14, 2010
zombie711 said:
Was I the only person who thought Transformers 2 was really Awsome?
It had tons of action and explosions, and robot killing each other.
Not movie of the year but still really good.
No you're not. I had a blast watching it.

Ravek

Aug 6, 2009
TundraWolf said:
Seriously. I mean, the treatment must have had the racist duo of VW Beetles: else where did they come up with that idea?

And racist stereotypes obviously were the fault of bad timing and not bad writing.

Give me a break.
I can't remember the robots having a skin color.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Meh, I don't care, I'm gonna go see the third movie anyway.

1) So I can but my brain on standby till pink liquid starts oozing from my ears, while being engulfed in overly bombastic 200 millions worth of special effects.

2) So I can have fun with my friends exchanging face-palm moments about how Bay fucked up this time.

It's an experience all on its own.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
zombie711 said:
khaimera said:
I thought of this movie like I do an action game. That means I don't care what the story is and I just want to get straight into the action.
But the action sucked. It was poorly choreographed, inexpertly shot, ugly, difficult to follow, and pointless. There was no tension or sense of purpose or danger. I swear during the fight where Optimus "died" I just quit trying to figure out who the hell was doing what and spaced out.

And just when you started to care about what was going on in the action, they'd cut to captain douchebag running like a sissy, or slutdog McGee doing... something... with that damn thing in her purse. Or one of the comic relief characters doing something racially offensive. Or they'd make a dick joke that wouldn't make a 12 year-old chuckle.

I get so tired of people saying this movie was good "because of robots fighting and stuff".

I could make more interesting, more exciting action sequences with some fireworks and gasoline in my back yard.

Stickwell

Aug 15, 2010
No, I loved it because it was Transformers, The whole analyzing the quality of the flick didn't matter to me when I saw it... I was all 'HOLY F*#(, ACTION!'
GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING, WHO GIVES A F^(% ABOUT THE STORY.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
PhiMed said:
zombie711 said:
khaimera said:
I thought of this movie like I do an action game. That means I don't care what the story is and I just want to get straight into the action.
But the action sucked. It was poorly choreographed, inexpertly shot, ugly, difficult to follow, and pointless. There was no tension or sense of purpose or danger. I swear during the fight where Optimus "died" I just quit trying to figure out who the hell was doing what and spaced out.

And just when you started to care about what was going on in the action, they'd cut to captain douchebag running like a sissy, or slutdog McGee doing... something... with that damn thing in her purse. Or one of the comic relief characters doing something racially offensive. Or they'd make a dick joke that wouldn't make a 12 year-old chuckle.

I get so tired of people saying this movie was good "because of robots fighting and stuff".

I could make more interesting, more exciting action sequences with some fireworks and gasoline in my back yard.
I get what you are saying. I was pretty high at the time and was just like "wow, these special effect are amazing, look at all the parts these robots have, how did they do that?" The movie, of what I remember, was pretty shitty all around.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Ok some events transpired to hinder the film schedule, I can get that. But not waiting, thinking it wouldn't bring in cash and by waiting it would make people mad? More like the opposite, it brought in the money and made me lose what little respect I had for him.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I go into a Transformers movie to see explosions and things breaking with crunching metal sounds. Not for a bearable script. So I found it bearable. Besides, it is a movie about giant robots that turn into cars... I never thought story was important :p

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
TundraWolf said:

Give me a break.
They weren't Beetles. One was a Chevy BEAT and the other was a Chevrolet concept car... I don't remember what model.

Kegsen

Feb 20, 2011
Arqus_Zed said:
Meh, I don't care, I'm gonna go see the third movie anyway.

1) So I can but my brain on standby till pink liquid starts oozing from my ears, while being engulfed in overly bombastic 200 millions worth of special effects.

2) So I can have fun with my friends exchanging face-palm moments about how Bay fucked up this time.

It's an experience all on its own.
Mucho agreement here. Regarding the first one, I simply loved seeing the transformers for the first time in all their glory. The plot? Couldn`t care less. Shia`s hysterical overacting and Ms. Fox` hysterical trampoline tushy...just made me appreciate the movie on a whole different level. But let`s be fair. This franchise never was - and will never be - deep thoughtprovoking stuff. It`s a toycommercial just like it was in the 80`s, but with a sad excuse for a script slapped on top.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
khaimera said:
PhiMed said:
zombie711 said:
khaimera said:

I get what you are saying. I was pretty high at the time and was just like "wow, these special effect are amazing, look at all the parts these robots have, how did they do that?" The movie, of what I remember, was pretty shitty all around.
Unfortunately, had to quit smoking quite a while ago for work. Maybe that would've made it enjoyable.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Considering the buckwheat twins, bad timing is a big ol' understatement.

I almost feel sorry for the writters though, having their names attached to this dog vomit.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
PhiMed said:
Unfortunately, had to quit smoking quite a while ago for work. Maybe that would've made it enjoyable.
It tends to make most movies better for me, but then I have a hard time remembering them.

Does your job do random drug testing? I recently had to quit because I can't find any around here. If my job found out what I had been doing, I would have lost everything since I work in the health care industry.

But, we did just legalize it for medical in my home state,

Sorry bob for ignoring all of your points in your video which I couldn't be bothered to watch. And then derailing the convo.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
It probably still won't keep the third from sucking. The only remotely enjoyable film Bay ever did was The Rock and that was probably because Connery and Harris would have strung him up by his toes if he didn't let them actually act. If I want to see crap blowing up I'll just play a videogame. That's why I find stuff like The Expendables and Transformers to be utterly useless to my generation

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
khaimera said:
PhiMed said:
It tends to make most movies better for me, but then I have a hard time remembering them.

Does your job do random drug testing? I recently had to quit because I can't find any around here. If my job found out what I had been doing, I would have lost everything since I work in the health care industry.

But, we did just legalize it for medical in my home state,

Sorry bob for ignoring all of your points in your video which I couldn't be bothered to watch. And then derailing the convo.
They don't, but they reserve the right to test whenever they want. I also work in the healthcare industry, and I make some pretty big decisions, so it's probably for the best that I have a clear head. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it, though.