Tsunami "payback" for Pearl Harbour

Light 086

Feb 10, 2011
It's uncalled for. Japan today is not the same as it was then.

Regarding WW2:
Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor was to strike at the fleet not the civilian population.

Later America dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan, killing 200k civilians and causing massive health problems from the radiation afterward.

Have those same people wondered if Japan will/should get payback for that?

Corkydog

Aug 16, 2009
subtlefuge said:
punkrocker27 said:
Mr.Petey said:
punkrocker27 said:
BAAAAW Why is everyone at the internet so damn mean???!!

Lol. As if any of you lot really even care.
I'd like to see you care for the humanitarian aspect+torn apart families of the current disaster as multi-national forces are flown in to help with the crisis. These guys are doing more than you seem to be. It's not the internet to blame, it's things-masquerading-as-humans that I would normally suggest needed a level of education and empathy but take 'em out back and shoot them instead as they are lost causes.
Actually no, they're fucking trolls.

And congratulations, they got to you.
With ~1000 posts, law of averages would state that someone on this thread had an understanding of the internet. Thank you.

Also, the United States didn't wait 4 years to get "revenge" on Japan. Going to war was the response, because despite the fact that Japan violated nearly every rule of engagement, they did not attack a civilian target. People seem to forget that Pearl Harbor was a military base, and that the United States isn't governed by a council of 10 year olds.

The bombings were almost completely unrelated to Pearl Harbor. I apologize for stomping on anyone's "wit".
Japan never attacked a civilian-only target, maybe, but they definitely attacked civilians in China when they attacked the chinese military. Including rape and stuff. Pretty bad.

But I have actually been to Japan, and that era of insidious imperialism is pretty far gone. Everyone I met there was excited to meet a blond american and practice english and ask questions about the US. They were exceedingly nice.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
uhh...wasnt the nuclear bomb enough?

i dont think nature ever announced whether it was ally or axis, come to think of it. so considering germany never got nuked, they must have some kind of hurricane of tornadoes that causes earthquakes and spews lava heading their way to exact vengeance for london.

america better get ready to, the native americans already sent katrina for all the colonists did to them, now we gotta get ready for slavery and the civil war.

if nature could exact revenge, wed all be dead.

SillyGodDisco

Oct 17, 2008
What a bunch of ignorant fucking assholes.

How would they feel if America got hit by a tsunami?

Also, as for the "payback for pear harbor" part. We fucking NUKED two cities, that's MORE than enough payback. Twice the amount of people died in Japan than at Pearl Harbor.

Corkydog

Aug 16, 2009
Flac00 said:
Niagro said:
Well fuck them.

Give me power, and they will all disappear.
woah, someone has to get a life. Why do you hate the japanese? I think you need to go to counseling or something. Sure, during World War 2 they did many atrocities. But we also NUKED THEM! Seems sorta eye for and eye there.
I might be far off here, but I think he was talking about the ignorant people saying these terrible things about the disaster. But it was a vague post, so I could be wrong.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
'K. Amusingly how much I want to move out of this country, I do find myself defending it occasionally[footnote]EDIT: Rarely[/footnote].

A handful of trolls/idiots[footnote]Fact: They Exist![/footnote] say something horrible like this, and a country of over 300,000,000 people must obviously agree.
Funny, the donations drives/prayers at churches/people mentioning how sorry they feel for victims of this tsunami must have been a figment of my imagination.

So whenever someone who happens to reside in your country that says something equivalent to this we all can generalize and assume your country is full of ignorant morons.

Grow the fuck up please.

Aerowaves

Sep 10, 2009
joebear15 said:
Aerowaves said:
The two A-bombs were on civilian targets while Pearl Harbour was a military target. I'd say if these people's definition of "karma" really existed, the West Coast would have been hit instead.
theirs holes in that logic big enough to fly a bowing 747 through.
Wasn't really an attempt at logic, more a wry observation designed to point out the logic - or lack thereof - in theirs.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Corkydog said:
Flac00 said:
Niagro said:
Well fuck them.

woah, someone has to get a life. Why do you hate the japanese? I think you need to go to counseling or something. Sure, during World War 2 they did many atrocities. But we also NUKED THEM! Seems sorta eye for and eye there.
I might be far off here, but I think he was talking about the ignorant people saying these terrible things about the disaster. But it was a vague post, so I could be wrong.
o, whoops. Well now i feel like a dick

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Jonabob87 said:
If this has already been brought up, do forgive but this has been brought to my attention:

*Link removed* (by the OP) People are sending messages to Facebook accounts apparently and that's also out of line.

Apparently there is a fair amount of Americans claiming that the Tsunami currently ravaging Japan can be seen as payback for an attack in WW2.

"getting a little more payback for peal harbour. they thought we forgot about that BS, didn't they?"

"Remember pearl harbour? Go tsunami go!"

Only two brief examples of a torrent of idiotic comments that seriously make one wonder where people get this crap from.

What are your thoughts, Escapists?
If those are actual quotes then those aren't Americans. No American would ever spell "harbor" with a "u".

But like people have been saying there are a lot of assholes in the world. If it seems a lot of them are from US it's probably just because we have a larger population than most places and a high degree of internet access.

Everyone I've talked to, myself included, have nothing but the best wishes for the Japanese people right now.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Flac00 said:
Niagro said:
Well fuck them.

No, no, no.

I meant the idiots thinking this is god's retribution or some shit like that, silly.

It's actually almost offensive to be even mistaken for one of those things, my avatar is Japanese ffs =P

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
Yankeedoodles said:
Jonabob87 said:
If this has already been brought up, do forgive but this has been brought to my attention:

*Link removed* (by the OP) People are sending messages to Facebook accounts apparently and that's also out of line.

Apparently there is a fair amount of Americans claiming that the Tsunami currently ravaging Japan can be seen as payback for an attack in WW2.

"getting a little more payback for peal harbour. they thought we forgot about that BS, didn't they?"

"Remember pearl harbour? Go tsunami go!"

Only two brief examples of a torrent of idiotic comments that seriously make one wonder where people get this crap from.

What are your thoughts, Escapists?
If those are actual quotes then those aren't Americans. No American would ever spell "harbor" with a "u".

But like people have been saying there are a lot of assholes in the world. If it seems a lot of them are from US it's probably just because we have a larger population than most places and a high degree of internet access.

Everyone I've talked to, myself included, have nothing but the best wishes for the Japanese people right now.
Yeah I had to copy-type it from the image in the link that used to be in the OP. I'm from Scotland so "Harbour" is how I'd spell it, that's probably what's happened there.

Yeah same here, all of the Americans I know have been great. Really concerned and compassionate!

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Littlee300 said:
I meant you belong in that group as a stupid red-neck
Which group of red neck?
Americans?
Why would I belong to something I hate?
I didn't knew of the rule that whenever you hate something you belong to them.
When did that rule got into action?

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
SillyGodDisco said:
What a bunch of ignorant fucking assholes.

How would they feel if America got hit by a tsunami?

Also, as for the "payback for pear harbor" part. We fucking NUKED two cities, that's MORE than enough payback. Twice the amount of people died in Japan than at Pearl Harbor.
just to say it
we got hit too, ONE person died (for being an idiot recording it)

and also on that note, Pearl Harbor WAS the payback, from our trade embargo bull
(yes they crossed a line but I'm just saying)

and the nukes were over-kill and uncalled for... plus what kind of dickless country nukes two cities full of civilians anyways..?

...oh right... **is horribly ashamed he lives here and wants to be somewhere else**