Tsunami "payback" for Pearl Harbour

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
It can be pretty bad with the Chinese too (I'm Chinese btw).

Because a lot of Chinese are angry with the Japanese for miscellaneous reasons, and hate, ya know, it's powerful stuff.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Jonabob87 said:
Yankeedoodles said:
Jonabob87 said:
If this has already been brought up, do forgive but this has been brought to my attention:

*Link removed* (by the OP) People are sending messages to Facebook accounts apparently and that's also out of line.

Apparently there is a fair amount of Americans claiming that the Tsunami currently ravaging Japan can be seen as payback for an attack in WW2.

"getting a little more payback for peal harbour. they thought we forgot about that BS, didn't they?"

"Remember pearl harbour? Go tsunami go!"

Only two brief examples of a torrent of idiotic comments that seriously make one wonder where people get this crap from.

What are your thoughts, Escapists?
If those are actual quotes then those aren't Americans. No American would ever spell "harbor" with a "u".

But like people have been saying there are a lot of assholes in the world. If it seems a lot of them are from US it's probably just because we have a larger population than most places and a high degree of internet access.

Everyone I've talked to, myself included, have nothing but the best wishes for the Japanese people right now.
Yeah I had to copy-type it from the image in the link that used to be in the OP. I'm from Scotland so "Harbour" is how I'd spell it, that's probably what's happened there.

Yeah same here, all of the Americans I know have been great. Really concerned and compassionate!
Ah. No worries. I think I've done that before too trying to transcribe some quotes with British spellings.

silent-treatment

Oct 15, 2009
Natdaprat said:
silent-treatment said:
Natdaprat said:

Now THIS is Karma.
As much as I can appreciate the irony, I live in California. So essentially you have told someone who has posted in this thread how sick the shit people are saying makes me, that you hope he, and most of (wait let me check to see Colorado is there, ahhh nope ALL) his family will die. Well fuck you to buddy.
A dose of under 100 rems is subclinical and will produce nothing other than blood changes. 100 to 200 rems will cause illness but will rarely be fatal. Doses of 200 to 1000 rems will likely cause serious illness with poor outlook at the upper end of the range. Doses of more than 1000 rems are almost invariably fatal.

Just take some Rad-X and you'll be fine.
Okay thats chill for 19 year old me. How about my 89 year old grandparents, or my aunt that just had a rather serious bout with stomach cancer(thank goodness shes in remission,). Your fallout joke is real cute. Its amazing that one can be so condescending while still staking claim to the moral high ground.

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B6ntgen_equivalent_man
Plagiarism gets you kicked out of most schools.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
joebear15 said:
WOPR said:
SillyGodDisco said:
What a bunch of ignorant fucking assholes.

How would they feel if America got hit by a tsunami?

Also, as for the "payback for pear harbor" part. We fucking NUKED two cities, that's MORE than enough payback. Twice the amount of people died in Japan than at Pearl Harbor.
just to say it
we got hit too, ONE person died (for being an idiot recording it)

and also on that note, Pearl Harbor WAS the payback, from our trade embargo bull
(yes they crossed a line but I'm just saying)

and the nukes were over-kill and uncalled for... plus what kind of dickless country nukes two cities full of civilians anyways..?

...oh right... **is horribly ashamed he lives here and wants to be somewhere else**
well Japan and just about every Major European country has more blood on their hands then the U.S. so when you move be careful where you go.
Really?

Pearl Harbour: 2,350 Dead.

Tokyo Air Raids: Over 100,000 Dead

Hiroshima: Over 160,000 Dead

Nagasaki: 80,000 Dead

Not to mention the other 400,000 killed in air raids on other cities in Japan during the war. These are mostly civilian casualties as well.

And that's just America's involvement in one war, in one country. I can't even begin to list the death tolls from your many, many other wars. In some cases we probably don't even know the half of it.

Mar 29, 2008
The line of thinking that these natural, and terrible, events that occurred like the earth quake/volcanic activity/tsunami are payback for pearl harbor has got to be definably psychotic. I don't mean to say that in a colorful insult sort of way, but seriously psychotic, like they need an evaluation to see if their delusions are severe enough to be a risk to themselves or others.

Ike Jager

Nov 19, 2009
You know.. I don't even rage or get mind blown anymore because of the corrupted fraction of Americans just caused me to get used to it. It just doesn't surprise me that some group insane asses would pop up.
I swear, they do this kind of crap for a living or something.

Edit: This is base on a hunch but didn't Americans had an alternative way to end WWII that might be might risky on American's behalf but much much MUCH more merciful?
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Americans had enough military power to force Japan to surrender?

haddaway234

Mar 19, 2010
cyrogeist said:
Dude...people are assholes and besides...weren't the NUKES payback?
This is what I was going to say. Anyways, these are just your average Americans, in all their blind-patriotism glory.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
Wait, wasn't Hawaii hit by the Tsunami too? How would that be payback anyways? As much damage that was made in Japan because of the Earthquake and Tsunami, the country was pretty much prepared against this kind of natural catastrophe, so it could have been much, much worse. These people need to get their facts straight.

Ike Jager said:
You know.. I don't even rage or get mind blown anymore because of the corrupted fraction of Americans just caused me to get used to it. It just doesn't surprise me that some group insane asses would pop up.
A rare fraction of them do (like Glenn Beck). At the same time it would be bigotry to judge a group of people by their extremists (try to put 300000000 people in the same category). There are and always will be a group of nuts in any given category, not just the US. They just get more media coverage there, because controversy sells.

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
haddaway234 said:
cyrogeist said:
This is what I was going to say. Anyways, these are just your average Americans, in all their blind-patriotism glory.
Haven't you heard about the meaning of the word "bigotry"?

haddaway234

Mar 19, 2010
Ike Jager said:

Edit: This is base on a hunch but didn't Americans had an alternative way to end WWII that might be might risky on American's behalf but much much MUCH more merciful?
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Americans had enough military power to force Japan to surrender?
There were alternatives but they wanted to send a strong message and make sure they were ending the war from what I'm told.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
ouch111 said:
haddaway234 said:
cyrogeist said:
Haven't you heard about the meaning of the word "bigotry"?
He probably doesn't know what a hypocrite is either.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I read each comment in that link (it was in a quote of the OP).

I am in utter disgust.

Fuck each and every one of them.

They lack the basic human emotion of decency. They have no decency. They have no conscience. They're ignorant twats who think that the world revolves around them and America who fail to think on a global level. They're immature children who don't seem to understand that the world is a small, small place. They're puerile infants who lack the capacity to understand that people are dieing and that they are affected by this.

Pearl Harbor was a tragedy. So were Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I don't know whether one justifies the other, and I don't care.

That doesn't mean you can be an absolute monster fuck it, I don't even know what they are. Maybe I'm overreacting to this, whatever. Still doesn't change the fact that they're absolute dicks.

Woodscare

of Awesometon
Sep 18, 2009
Humanity's stupidity just stooped another low but that is not surprising anymore, In fact I expect it now.

David Farnell

Apr 24, 2010
Look around a crowd and you're guaranteed to spot a few shitheads. Add the internet to the mix and the number goes way up. But they are a very noisy yet surprisingly small fraction of the whole.

I am an American living in Japan, and I've been humbled at the overwhelming response from Americans and people all over the world to this disaster. It makes you realize that people are not as bad as you might think. I'm an agnostic and way more liberal than most of my family; right now my very conservative Christian brother's church is organizing fundraising to fly over people who have missing family members in Japan. That is one of thousands upon thousands of similar cases of groups across the political and religious spectrum who are doing what they can to help.

A lot of people are aware that Japan is one of America's closest allies and supporters, and that Japan is one of the top providers of aid to developing countries. Any time there is a damaging earthquake in the world, Japan is there--just as America is there. Just as many national and international organizations show up to help.

Things like this make you realize that we are all in this together--and that people can be good, and usually try to be.

PS: Regarding the arguments over whether or not this is payback...come on, people. Do you really want to fall into the trap of debating insane, evil claims by trolls? That's exactly what they want.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
joebear15 said:
WOPR said:
SillyGodDisco said:
What a bunch of ignorant fucking assholes.

How would they feel if America got hit by a tsunami?

Also, as for the "payback for pear harbor" part. We fucking NUKED two cities, that's MORE than enough payback. Twice the amount of people died in Japan than at Pearl Harbor.
just to say it
we got hit too, ONE person died (for being an idiot recording it)

and also on that note, Pearl Harbor WAS the payback, from our trade embargo bull
(yes they crossed a line but I'm just saying)

and the nukes were over-kill and uncalled for... plus what kind of dickless country nukes two cities full of civilians anyways..?

...oh right... **is horribly ashamed he lives here and wants to be somewhere else**
well Japan and just about every Major European country has more blood on their hands then the U.S. so when you move be careful where you go.
I was thinking Switzerland or Canada...

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I am pretty sure we forgave them around the time we decided to have a baseball game with them two days after the war ended.

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
As morally reprehensible as these people are they do have gems filled with irony that goes over their heads completely.
"those damn krauts deserve to be hit by a earthquake tsunami for nuking pearl harbor."
Cognitive dissonance much?

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
silent-treatment said:
Okay thats chill for 19 year old me. How about my 89 year old grandparents, or my aunt that just had a rather serious bout with stomach cancer(thank goodness shes in remission,). Your fallout joke is real cute. Its amazing that one can be so condescending while still staking claim to the moral high ground.

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B6ntgen_equivalent_man
Plagiarism gets you kicked out of most schools.
Excuse me for not putting sources for my information at the end of my paper, professor. It won't happen again.

Then I guess you're pretty fucked if there's a melt down, huh. That's what a lot of the ignorant Americans don't understand when they claim this is payback for pearl harbour. It's ironic, forgive me for pointing that out. I'm sorry if you and your family suffer from this catastrophe. I hardly want a melt down in order for sweet irony.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
Some people are just too stupid for words, last time i checked japan had paid the price for pearl harbour, in the most horrible way imaginable, world war two ended 66 years ago, and what's done is done, but some arrogant bastards want to think god and all of nature love america, HA!

get over yourselves, selfish pricks, there are thousands of people missing in japan, you're allies now, so for god sakes feel some human emotion for the suffering and loss these people have just endured