Tsunami "payback" for Pearl Harbour

Jian-Li

Mar 24, 2010
The American payback for pearl harbor is Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Why would nature give a flying shit about our human arguments.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
And why is this a thread?
Yes we are troll aware thanks.
Yes the opinions of the trolls who said this are only for maximum offensive content.

But unless your trolling for trolls...

Your not aware of trolls and what they do to get attention?

halex

Dec 2, 2009
Lol America is still buthurt over that shit!
And Japan is all like nigga you dont even begin to appreciate how not mad we are.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
My thoughts? There has always been idiots, there will always be idiots. The internet has just made them easier to spot.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
joebear15 said:
halex said:
Lol America is still buthurt over that shit!
And Japan is all like nigga you dont even begin to appreciate how not mad we are.
the reason for that is Japan committed more war atrocities than it likes to think about so it just avoids talking about World War II in general.
All parties who have ever been to Japan or have any personal relationships with Japanese people, raise your hand!

Alright. No, I didn't raise mine either. One of my friends did teach english over there, incidentally just outside of Hiroshima. One of the reason's for Japan's renowned work ethic and business stature is their pulling together after the war to save their society from completely falling apart. For the most part, the Japanese are not angry about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
joebear15 said:
duckfi8 said:
obviously people didn't pay attention in history class
wait.... are you sugesting that their are... Ignorant people.. ON THE INTERNET.

but yea your right lot of people here have no clue what there talking about.
Speaking of which... Grammar!

A) Their refers to ownership, you mean there are.
B) They are can be shortened to they're, but not to there.

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
Mr.Petey said:
punkrocker27 said:
BAAAAW Why is everyone at the internet so damn mean???!!

Lol. As if any of you lot really even care.
I'd like to see you care for the humanitarian aspect+torn apart families of the current disaster as multi-national forces are flown in to help with the crisis. These guys are doing more than you seem to be. It's not the internet to blame, it's things-masquerading-as-humans that I would normally suggest needed a level of education and empathy but take 'em out back and shoot them instead as they are lost causes.
Actually no, they're fucking trolls.

And congratulations, they got to you.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
The day man kind can control the weather and waves, will be the day that space flight becomes commercial and regular trips are made to an alternate world

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
punkrocker27 said:
Mr.Petey said:
punkrocker27 said:
BAAAAW Why is everyone at the internet so damn mean???!!

Lol. As if any of you lot really even care.
I'd like to see you care for the humanitarian aspect+torn apart families of the current disaster as multi-national forces are flown in to help with the crisis. These guys are doing more than you seem to be. It's not the internet to blame, it's things-masquerading-as-humans that I would normally suggest needed a level of education and empathy but take 'em out back and shoot them instead as they are lost causes.
Actually no, they're fucking trolls.

And congratulations, they got to you.
With ~1000 posts, law of averages would state that someone on this thread had an understanding of the internet. Thank you.

Also, the United States didn't wait 4 years to get "revenge" on Japan. Going to war was the response, because despite the fact that Japan violated nearly every rule of engagement, they did not attack a civilian target. People seem to forget that Pearl Harbor was a military base, and that the United States isn't governed by a council of 10 year olds.

The bombings were almost completely unrelated to Pearl Harbor. I apologize for stomping on anyone's "wit".

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Jesus non-existent Christ, it's Haiti all over again. Remember that? When the earthquake there was "God's wrath"?

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Best be trollin'. I just saw a fb post by ED regarding that, so I'm going to stick with trolls.

People don't seriously thunk like that do they?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Traun said:
emeraldrafael said:
(as an American) I do feel that way.

I summed up my opinions on this thing in Japan, which was when you live on a fault line, I dont feel pity that this happens to you. I'll feel bad about you're suffering and the damages it causes, but I wont feel pity when you say that it happened like its some kinda surprise. you dont live below sea level and ***** about flooding.

Actually, I hope japan bounces back soon. They are a major part of the Economics of Pittsburgh, and we need them up. We'll be in so much business exporting goods out. So (long term economically) this is a great thing to happen (minus the cost of human lives, which I send heart felt condolences out to).
Then why do you say "minus the cost of human lives" if, as American, "I do feel that way"? As an American, as you put it, shouldn't you feel happy that gooks are dead? Your statement is contradicting itself.

I am inclined to make a Katrina joke, however I do think this will be way counterproductive
*reads*

SHIT! That should be do not. Also I rather refuse to use the word gook, mainly cause my uncle is dating a japanese girl, and gook is more of an Continent Asian insult.

sigma2

Nov 18, 2009
Great, not only are we given a prime example of stupidity on the Internet...again.

But now karma or some strange force is gonna give US something!

Great. There goes my week. Better get my guns ready for when Giant monsters invade us. >_>

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
mabrookes said:
It was common knowledge they were close to defeat, they were surrendering in parts and being driven back easily in other parts, the nukes were no in any way justified.

Worse case scenario was that a few more thousand soldiers died (you know, those guys paid to fight and die). Who in their right mind thinks it is justified to kill a few hundred thousand civilians, plus the generations of mutations, cancers and horrific deaths still happening today, to prevent that.
They were willing to surrender on their own terms.

The US wanted unconditional surrender so that they could make sure that stupid shit didn't happen again. They needed a legitimate ground to claim that they did what they set out to do, and frankly giving the Japanese emperor a slap on the wrists and sending him home wasn't going to cut it. Its why they didn't accept German surrender. It's why they didn't accept Japan's attempt to surrender. The US just barely got involved in WW2 because they were tired of this stupid shit in Europe.

Claiming that soldier deaths are some how acceptable because they're being paid to fight is hilarious considering that most of them were drafted. They had no say in it. The US government had every reason to believe that an actual mainland invasion of Japan would be the most brutal fighting of the entire war, especially after how the Japanese fought on Iwo Jima and Okinawa. We simply had no idea of what Japanese production was at, and if was any guess they were taking it underground just like the Germans. Incidentally, it's hard to see a nation as being on the verge of surrender when they're flying airplanes into your aircraft carriers and battleships, and claiming that they'll fight to the last man.

And briefly, some loss counts on US victories in the Pacific:

Guadalcanal: 7,100
Solomon Islands: 10,600
Philippines: 14,000
Borneo: 8,000
Iwo Jima: 6,800
Okinawa: 12,513

And that's bearing in mind that there was many more Japanese living on mainland Japan, and that it'd likely be the most imposing target to strike considering that it's mostly mountainous terrain.

No serious scholar of war will tell you anything but that the dropping of the nukes was justified. The US needed to end the war fast before either public opinion turned against it, or the Russians got involved, or Japan turned communist (This was something the Japanese emperor was actually concerned about.) and the Japanese kind of flagged their right to a somehow "moral" war after their own atrocities. No, I won't claim the US is without fault, but trying to claim that the US somehow wasn't justified in using every means necessary to bringing the swiftest end to the war is ludicrous.

You can claim that there was alternatives to nuking Japan, but none of them posed the chance of ending the war in days rather than months while also giving the US a legitimate, clear cut victory.