Turn in your man card

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I have mid length floppy fringe which I enjoy doing the full on hair flick with, I like My Little Pony, I love singing along to camp music from the 80s/90s, I don't drink at all, when I drink tea I stick my little pinky out, I hate sports, I love to wear tight jeans, I can make a daisy chain.

I've had builders stop their van lean out of the window and wolf whistle thinking I was a woman, twice.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
KafkaOffTheBeach said:
I play saxophone.
Since when has the saxophone considered unmanly? Saxophones are awesome.

On topic:

I like a lot of the so called manly things ie. sports, cars and the like. The only manly thing I really don't do is shout at random women in the streets to get their tits out.

DuderSkanks

Jul 17, 2009
SleepingDragon said:
I don't like sports.

I have no interest in cars.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.

I like a good love story.

I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not a competitive person

I like to talk about my problems and feelings
This, along with:

I don't like FPSs

Puzzle games and Turn-Based RPGs are my favorite kinds of games

I'm happy with just owning a Wii and don't really care about the 360 or PS3 (not hating, just don't care)

I like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic BRONIES FOR LIFE!

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
I enjoy Swing and Jazz... That's honestly thing that I can think of...

I mean I do not go extatic over sports but when my mates want to watch a game I can tag along just to throw clueless comments at some players...

Dingo John

Mar 26, 2011
I have no interest in sports whatsoever. I only watch sports when I can do so with a bunch of friends and a large supply of beer.

I have a very cool temper and barely ever lose my head. Non-aggression often seem to be considered non-manly.

I sometimes cry during movies, but it's very VERY rare.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
I'm gay, i'm not a jerk, I like cooking, i'm smart, I love hugs, I hate sports, I hate cars, I hate beer, i'm a complete nerd, I play piano, the list goes on... for a long time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I don't watch Top Gears since I'm not into cars. I also dislike watching footbal (Soccer) although any other sports I can watch for a few minutes but not for long. Also I can't stand drinking alcohol of any kind which I like since I'm not wasting myself or making a fool myself while other are drnuk.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
Being a man is having confidence in who you are, no matter what that is.

Just because some jock chops wood and smokes cigars doesn't mean he's a man if he's still an insecure git underneath all that facade.
And you get the reward for the guy that over analyzes this thread.

OT: I have absolutely no interest in Cars and I totally dig romantic comedies.

I also accept the fact that men can be attractive. (but that honestly goes for anyone who takes on any sort of fashion sense.)
How is saying a man should have confidence over analyzing the thread lol?

Don't be a dick.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
comadorcrack said:
Okay... this is hard for me to admit but!

I ACTUALLY LIKE GLEE!

*runs*
i have a friend whos really open about it, but nobody really cares apart from the occasional joke (which he goes along with for a bit).
he just said he might be pregnant which is worrying.
OT: i have some qualities like OPs. i really just go with the flow. plus, if you know how to kill someone with a biro then that helps. (hint: SCIENCE!)

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I feel I'm the opposite of the OP in many ways:

I do like alcohol. Beer as a regular drink, wine and champagne at social event and anything else in the same way people like really sour stuff.

I have to shave frequently, my stubble is like weed (the pesky garden ruining thing!)

I lost my virginity a few years ago

I'm competitive in a good natured way.

I shoot

I raise working dogs

I have assisted in the lambing of sheep. >.<

I'm not really phased by MLP. Each to his own.

However, I do have a couple of things, and I do like anime (not sailor moon, but still) but I don't really consider that effeminate, and it's sure as hell less gay than watching two oily/sweaty muscle bound lads in short shorts grapple in mindboggling ways (wrestling)

If I had to pick stuff that's not really "manly", I never learned to ride a bicycle. I just never needed it as a kid. Either I walked to something, or was driven.

Um... I like baking cakes.

Never really liked watching or playing sports (although I'm okay at football (As in soccer, but its name is football, dammit!))

I have been touched (not like that, get your mind out of the gutter!) by a poem. (The Lady of Shalott)

However, I feel any drawbacks can be compensated for by the fact that I am training for the Royal Marines.

Lord_Nemesis

Paragon Printer
Nov 28, 2010
Well after reading through these comments, I think my own are gonna seem pale in comparison:

I'm fussy over my apperance, especially my hair which rebels constantly against gel, gum and wax -_-

Umm, I trim and shave my body hair (aint goin into detail you pervs).

And given the chance, I'm a hopeless romantic.

Thats it, in relation to other posts: I am between gf's, like to have sex wither it be a one night stand or in a relationship. I like certain sports, American Football, Rugby, Boxing etc. I do like to drink but not to the point of bingeing. I like Rock music.

And to the guys who wish to wait for marriage before sex: I respect and am also confused by you dudes. Respect for managing to have the self control/restraint to wait that long; growing up through my teens, the need was too strong for me to deny the bounty. Confusion why you would wish to delay the biggest high I have been able to experience, why deny what is ready available. But still, your choice fellas.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Ok then, fun times:

I like books. (Proper novels, currently reading the Chronicles of Pern)
Sport does not interest me. (It's just boring!)
I like storyline in the things I watch/read/play instead of lots of action.
I like committed relationships, not casual sex.
I like dressing smart. (I wear a damned suit! Casually!)
Im a reasonably good cook.
I like love stories.
I get upset when bad things happen to people I don't even know.

I think there is more but at the moment I can't think of any.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Most of the things already said in thise thread:

-I'm extremely shy and over-emotional

-I don't drink, nor do I plan to

-I don't see the point in random flings and one-night-stands with people (I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic).

-Generally, I hate the company of other guys because they treat everything like a dick-waving competition (there are a couple of exceptions to this). As a result most of my friends are girls.

-I straighten my hair.

-I'm not a body-builder and have quite a thin frame. My stance occasionally looks a bit feminine and as a result I've been mistaken for a girl a few times.

-I can't stand 'professional' sports in any shape or form.

-I'm useless at any form of DIY, cars, building things etc.

-I have almost cried on several occasions when watching something or reading a book.

-I constantly "n'awh" at my cat and proceed to hug him.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
CommanderKirov said:
I enjoy Swing and Jazz... That's honestly thing that I can think of...

I mean I do not go extatic over sports but when my mates want to watch a game I can tag along just to throw clueless comments at some players...
I would consider swing and jazz to be extremely manly! It's swing and jazz, for Christ's sake, how can it not be manly?

Weslebear said:
I have mid length floppy fringe which I enjoy doing the full on hair flick with, I like My Little Pony, I love singing along to camp music from the 80s/90s, I don't drink at all, when I drink tea I stick my little pinky out, I hate sports, I love to wear tight jeans, I can make a daisy chain.

I've had builders stop their van lean out of the window and wolf whistle thinking I was a woman, twice.
Dear God, I've been cloned. I'm the exact same apart from the pinky finger and daisy chain. Builders are arseholes. :p

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
No!

Oh. Read the full OP. Sorry.

I don't uderstand
SleepingDragon said:
I like to talk about my problems and feelings

Are you saying that you like to do this a lot? If so, I'd say it's not an admirable trait in anyone. Most guys, though, talk about these things more than we get credit for.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
I like musicals
I perform in theaters
I watch Grey's Anatomy, Glee, and Desperate Housewives
I write a lot

I think that's about it really. Other than that I'm a typical guy. I've had girlfriends, I've had sex, I like cars, sports, women, red meat, booze, and breaking/building things.