Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
SleepingDragon said:
All of that seems understandable, I reckon. *shrug*

OT: Now that I see some of the posts, I'll bite:

I am an unashamed brony.
I enjoy cooking.
I freely shed tears when reading or watching something depressing/moving (i.e. any scene in the Count of Monte Cristo involving Haydee).
I invite people to share their problems with me.
I generally dislike mainstream sport (cricket excepted, so I'm less man, more 'gentleman' *hrk*).
I have little interest in cars (though Top Gear is still funny).
And I enjoy post-coital cuddling more than sex.

There.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
Lesse...

Hate Sports, Cars, Booze and Drugs.

Never had a girlfriend or sex yet.

I'm a bit of a romanticist and at one time humored the notion of acting (I was a part of my High School drama club right before it went under, so I never got to actually do any real acting.)

I not only enjoyed watching My Little Pony but still enjoy watching Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi (Wiki if you please, but it's essentially a SFW Yaoi anime)

Provided the attraction is "natural," I actually enjoy seeing Homosexual relationships in games/anime. (As long as I don't have to see the act)

One of the first music artists I actually knew by name as a kid was Madonna (No lie there, but you live most of your life without a father and you're gonna be "conditioned" to listen to certain types of music before others)

Come to think of it, I really don't care for most forms of Rock or Metal. I've become more of a Jazz person over the years.

I'm unbelievably open. Not only will I converse about my feelings and whatnot, I'm not afraid to admit when something is "cute" or "adorable." Of course, I'll find a stuffed animal and the voracious maw of a dragon both equally "cute," so maybe that's a bit of a moot point.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
im trans, so i have the body of a guy but i identify as a lesbian womin...does that disqualify me from this discussion?

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
From the OP's list, the ones that apply to me would be:
-(Little to) no interest in cars
-Bit of a feminist, or at least I wouldn't dream of disrespecting a woman or taking advantage of her
-Performed or was tech crew in all the theatrical productions in high school
-Never had a girlfriend
-Waiting until marriage for sex
-I like love stories mainly as a part of a bigger story as well, though there are a few straight-up rom-coms that I enjoy (Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally, Meet the Parents)
-Being a sensitive person, including talking for hours on end with friends (of both genders) about problems and feelings
-I was also a pop fan for most of my time in junior high school (then country in high school and rock/metal from college), and I still enjoy some. Listening to No Doubt and (some) Lady Gaga are very guilty pleasures for me. I would honestly not mind listening to early Britney Spears or Hanson for the nostalgia factor. I may even still own some of my pop CDs from junior high due to my pack-rat tendencies, though they have likely not been played in quite literally a decade.

Though I do enjoy watching sports (especially baseball and [American] football), and when I'm doing something I can quite often be the most competitive one in the group, no matter what it is. Metal is also my favorite music now. I do drink alcohol, of any kind (mostly beer, rum or vodka), but in moderation.

Other "non-manly" things:
-I can't drive a stick shift.
-I have never ridden a horse.
-I've shot a hunting rifle, but I have never actually been hunting (that would be very un-manly where I grew up).
-Despite having a competitive spirit, I don't care for confrontation and would tend to back down from any fight.
-I love cute things, especially kittens and babies. I turn into a bright-eyed little girl at the sight of them.

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
SleepingDragon said:
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.

I have no interest in cars.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

I liked Sailor Moon when i was a kid. Black moon was my favorite story arc.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I've never had a girlfriend.

I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.

I like a good love story.

I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.

I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not a competitive person

I like to talk about my problems and feelings
Something tells me I'll be the girliest guy here =X

1. I despise sports and find watching them repetitive and boring.

2. I have no interest in cars either. Heck, I don't even want a car.

3. I didn't like sailor moon as a kid but growing up I've learned to respect it more as a series. I hate how we basterdised the source material from Japan.

4. I won a improv contest by acting over acting for luls.

5. Don't smoke, won't ever smoke. I hate the smell of smoke.

6. I prefer stereotypically femme gay guys.

7. I'm a spineless 5'7'' wuss with little to no muscle.

8. I worry about my hair too much.

9. I worry about my skin too much.

10. I'm not too fond of body hair.

11. Aw hell. Who am I kidding? I worry about how I look in general.

12. According to everyone I run like a girl :(.

13. If I had the money I'd probably buy make up.

14. I don't mind wearing girls clothing. (As long as it's pants anyway)

15. People say I act like a girl online.

16. I usually get along better with girls.

17. When I'm pissed off I'm probably bitchy like one online.

18. I love wearing purple.

19. I wouldn't mind wearing pink.

20. I straighten my hair.

21. I do all kinds of things for the sake of my looks, my diet included.

22. I like 'Dancing Queen' :(

23. I'm not too fond of anything that's described as 'manly'

24. I like cute things too much.

25. I have around six animal plushies.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
The only one I can think of is that I don't like watching sports, however I can turn this on the people who attempt to insult me for not watching sports by making it sound slightly homosexual to watch sports by saying it's basically watching a bunch sweaty men in shorts chase after balls.

It's funny to see their insecure faces just drop after that statement, when THEY find being called gay insulting (even though they shouldn't but that's their problem).

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
I think watching sports is really boring. Like football or hockey or whatever on the tv. Sooooooo boring.
I love my little pony friendship is magic <3
I love wearing my male friends clothes.
I like talking about feelings and problems. Not to solve them but just to get them out and create discussions about it.
I am not competitive at all. I don't really care what others do and if tis better than what I do.
Sailor moon was my first anime that I followed and liked.

Oh yeah. And I occationally sleep with men when I'm too lazy to go through the challenges of wooing a girl (it's just so much easier with guys) :p
That's about it I think :)

Gromril

Sep 11, 2005
SleepingDragon said:
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.

I have no interest in cars.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

I liked Sailor Moon when i was a kid. Black moon was my favorite story arc.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.

I like a good love story.

I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.

I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not a competitive person

I like to talk about my problems and feelings
Get a woman and/or grow up and have your face smashed repeadedly on the anvill of life and then we'll talk.

Iv'e known blokes who are all sensitive like, then they grow up a little. Not saying you will suddenly wake up after a shitty day and buy a Birmingham city season ticket, just saying these discussions are best left for when your personality is settled.

Oh and if I misread the (albeit subtle) teen angst in your post I apologise, and this statement I for those of you who do lurk here, posting threads about how you just don't fit in.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
lSHaDoW-FoXl said:
25. I have around six animal plushies.
Damn... how could I forget about my plushies?!

And my pillow?! It's almost a Winnie the Pooh dakimakura!

EDIT:

Gromril said:
Iv'e known blokes who are all sensitive like, then they grow up a little. Not saying you will suddenly wake up after a shitty day and buy a Birmingham city season ticket, just saying these discussions are best left for when your personality is settled.
Think West Ham season ticket would've been a better analogy, there, mate!

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
DJDarque said:

I've never had sex.

I cry when characters I like die in books and movies.
Same here. I want a girlfriend but I don't know how to socialize with women very well.

The other two are true for me as well...and I'm 25.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I have no interest in cars, I don't like to watch people brawl, I get all shakey being near it.

However watch My Little Pony gives me my man card back because only real men watch MLP!:p

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
this is less "not manly" than "not american" but still worth mention
i dont like steak or potatoes

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
This is hard, luckily nobody knows my real identity here.

I hate all sports other than paintball.
I don't drink and don't plan to either.
I care more about my appearance than i'm proud of.
Very little interest in cars, i'm more interested in intelligent machines like computers or robots, cars are just fancy decorations of a method of getting from point "A" to point "B" and are thus far too primitive.
Never had a girlfriend.

However, I am NOT emotional, I rarely even get mad. At most, I get annoyed.
And I don't at all like talking about my "feelings" or "problems" because I have neither of those. I only have a neutral, cool on the inside attitude, like an air conditioner.
Also, i'm very competitive, dislike musicals severely, dislike dramas, don't want to do any acting or performing and I don't like pink.

Livi70590

May 14, 2008
I don't consider any of the things that I like to be 'Guilty pleasures'. So let's go with the stereotypes.

I watch Friendship is Magic
I liked The Powerpuff Girls (Dunno if it still is, but back in the day, people told me they thought it was girly.)
I enjoy musicals.
I have more female friends than male friends.
I don't particularly enjoy sports.
I have no problem with the colour pink.
I don't drink alcohol.
I don't like bacon.
I have no desire to 'work out'.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
SleepingDragon said:
I'm not sure you're entirely clear on what feminism actually means, feminism is about equality between the sexes, it has nothing to do with one being better than that other.

Anyway.

OT: I like dolls.

I've actually got a very slight phobia of them (pediophobia) and they always creep me out, but that's what fascinates me about them so much. I plan on making my own and giving them away for free to anyone who happens to want one as it looks like a fun hobby and I'm sure everyone likes getting free things. The only problem is, I can't sew very well, so making the clothes will be hard at first and I'll probably have to delegate that responsibility to my girlfriend until she can teach me.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
I cry REALLY easily. Movies, TV, basically anything that I get attached to that ends, you can expect the waterworks. I dread the day my students graduate...

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
I have lived in Texas my whole life. I drive a Dodge Ram Quad cab 60 miles to work every day with only me in the truck. I love my steak rare - love to toss back a beer - Faithful to my wife and love my three big labs. My wife thinks I am a rock emotionally as she has never seen me cry in over 9 years.

*turns in man card*

I have never understood the obsession with American football and having that stance in Texas is about one step away from being hung off the nearest tree.