Twilight (Movie Review)

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
a7r0p05 said:
Everyone here is wrong, Twilight is not the worst movie adaptation of a book...
...Eragon is.

Good point, but still that's like saying having your arm cut off isn't as bad as a leg, either way it's agony (just like the movies).

a7r0p05

Dec 10, 2008
Reaperman Wompa said:
a7r0p05 said:
Everyone here is wrong, Twilight is not the worst movie adaptation of a book...
...Eragon is.

Good point, but still that's like saying having your arm cut off isn't as bad as a leg, either way it's agony (just like the movies).
Touche...

Nov 11, 2008
Only reason I went to this movie was in hopes of getting the "Popcorn Surprise" And I end up getting compared to this stupid basterd on how romatic I am. I"M NOT ROMATIC give me a handjob allready.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
I loved the movie. Mainly because everytime a vampire showed up in broad daylight, I imagined blade coming from out of nowehere and killing it. Ah....good times.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
OnlySubscribedtoCommentYahtzee said:
i read most of the first book because my sister said it was great. It was one of the worst books I've ever read, but my sister is seeing the movie for the third time... I don't understand why girls are so attracted to this series.
Sublimenal messaging, or perhaps they've smeared cocaine inside the books.

Adair_the_Skull

Dec 10, 2008
Science
scnj said:
fluffylandmine said:
Lord Krunk said:
Oh, and this quote:
Maet said:
Edward Cullen: ?Hello. I?m sorry I didn?t get a chance to introduce myself last week. I?m Edward Cullen. You?re Bella??
Bella Swan: ?Um? Yes.?
Edward Cullen: (While sliding a microscope to Bella) ?Ladies first.?
Bella Swan: ?You were gone.?
Edward Cullen: ?Um? Yeah. I was out of town for a couple of days. Personal reasons?
Bella Swan: (Pointing out the first stage of mitosis) ?Um. Prophase.?
Edward Cullen: (Reaching for the microscope) ?Do you mind if I? Uh? Look? (Checking the microscope) Prophase...?
Bella Swan: ?Like I said.?
You would be disgusted to know that this was one of the key events of the book. Eugh.
You've got to be joking, if a single little minute of this were a key point, than that proves the whole story is pointless.
From what I've read, it is quite an important scene.
Science = Teenage attraction?

Feb 13, 2008
dalek sec said:
Just wondering here but how flowerly is the writing in this story? I've heard a ton of insults about it but have never seen any examples of it.
Not overlooking http://www.twilight-quotes.com/; let's just take a few choice bits of purple.

Isabella Swan: Are you going to tell me how you stopped the van?
Edward Cullen: Yeah. Um... I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can Google it.
Isabella Swan: [to Edward] I know what you are. You're impossibly fast. And strong. Your skin is pale white, and ice cold. Your eyes change colour and you never eat or come out into the sun.
Edward Cullen: I only said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be.
Isabella Swan: What does that mean?
Edward Cullen: It means if you're smart... you'll stay away from me.
Isabella Swan: Okay, let's say for argument's sake that I'm not smart.
Edward Cullen: That's what you dream about? Being a monster?
Isabella Swan: I dream about being with you forever.
Edward Cullen: I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore.
Isabella Swan: Then don't.
Now, compare that with a real werewolf
Being Human - George struggles over not killing someone said:
The worst thing, the very worst thing, is that it feels so good. A week before I need glasses to watch the news, Mitchell has to open jars for me. Then suddenly everything starts to work. All my senses expand and there's this part of me that can't wait, that's turned on and hungry. The neck's amazing isn't it? This tangle of artery and muscle and sinew. Did you know there are two jugular veins? An internal one and an external one. I've met people what have tasted them. And they said the windpipe came away with a sigh of air from the lungs that was still warm. As they described it they had this look, like everything they do in between is just sleepwalking and it's only for those few moments that they are totally and truly alive. And there's part of me that would give anything to feel like they did, to taste what they taste. And that's the worst thing.
That's a real monster.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
This movie is one of the few pluses of being single. My friend was dragged to this by his girl friend. Apparently it was agony.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
My god that's just.. just awful! I mean I can't say that I'm a good writer but good lord even I could up with better writing than that! And coming from me that's pretty much a ***** slap to the face of the writer with a glove filled with nuts and bolts.

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Edward Cullen: Yeah. Um... I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can Google it.
Isabella Swan: [to Edward] I know what you are. You're impossibly fast. And strong. Your skin is pale white, and ice cold. Your eyes change colour and you never eat or come out into the sun.
Edward Cullen: I only said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be.
The first four are definitely in the movie verbatim. The fifth one might have been, although it's entirely possible that I was fidgeting in my seat in an effort to ignore most of what was going on.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Maet said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
The first four are definitely in the movie verbatim. The fifth one might have been, although it's entirely possible that I was fidgeting in my seat in an effort to ignore most of what was going on.
I think those lines are more than this movie deserves. They almost sound good, and some have a little wit (though badly implemented) in them as well.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Adair_the_Skull said:
Science
scnj said:
fluffylandmine said:
Lord Krunk said:
Oh, and this quote:
Maet said:
Edward Cullen: ?Hello. I?m sorry I didn?t get a chance to introduce myself last week. I?m Edward Cullen. You?re Bella??
Bella Swan: ?Um? Yes.?
Edward Cullen: (While sliding a microscope to Bella) ?Ladies first.?
Bella Swan: ?You were gone.?
Edward Cullen: ?Um? Yeah. I was out of town for a couple of days. Personal reasons?
Bella Swan: (Pointing out the first stage of mitosis) ?Um. Prophase.?
Edward Cullen: (Reaching for the microscope) ?Do you mind if I? Uh? Look? (Checking the microscope) Prophase...?
Bella Swan: ?Like I said.?
You would be disgusted to know that this was one of the key events of the book. Eugh.
You've got to be joking, if a single little minute of this were a key point, than that proves the whole story is pointless.
From what I've read, it is quite an important scene.
Science = Teenage attraction?
It's a Biology Class, in particular.

Geddit?

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe I'm a little bit more of a pussy than I thought...

Anyhow, I read the book and watched the movie and enjoyed them. Personally,however, I liked the "New Moon" book best because the love is kept to a minamal, and the werewolves get to explain their point of veiw a bit better.

Feb 13, 2008
I was thinking on this today (Yeah I get bored)

Let's look at it closely.

Audience mostly of one gender/ Stilted dialogue / 'Re-imagined' (plagiarized) ideas / Long scenes of scenery / Lifeless Characters that are focuses for your own longings / Characters that are thrust towards intimacy by the plot rather than their own volition / Impossible leevls of endurance.

You're watching a teen-fangirl 'Blue Movie'.

This is basically "Emanuele" from an adolescent female psyche.

blank0000

Oct 3, 2007
http://www.cracked.com/article_16878_if-twilight-was-10-times-shorter-100-times-more-honest.html

this explains everything :D

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
Pseudonym2 said:
Afterwards, Make them see A Scanner Darkly or Hearts and Minds as punishment.
Wow, if it makes A Scanner Darkly look good then it must be even worse than I imagined. And I imagined something pretty fucking horrifying.

Slipknot1Justin

Dec 12, 2008
I know im going to get alot of hate mail from this but oh well =D
The reason that the vampires sparkle in Twilight isnt because they are sparkly vampires. It's simply because they are blood sucking fairies! =D

ZombieFace

Dec 16, 2008
I know its a little out dated but I had to post on this thread. I like vampires i like vampire movies, but the author of this book thinks shes the love child of Anne Rice and J.K. Rowling.

Its pathetic that a bunch of girls would pick up reading a book just because an "attractive" male vampire is portrayed. Now all these little girls (and some older ones) are running around all starry eyed for this shallow IQ diminishing novel and even worse movie. when I was a kid and running around pretending to be a vampire it was considered weird! Now its friggin' attractive!?