Two men hugging means they're gay?

donscarletti

Jan 19, 2011
It's not gay to hug another man, as long as it's because you're really emotional like you haven't seen him for a long time, or you achieved something awesome as a team, or his wife left him, or your drunk or something like that.

If you're just doing it for fun, like it's his birthday or something and your like "I've got something special for you", then it's pretty gay, yeah. If some guy tried to give me a birthday hug, I'd probably not be happy to hug him after scoring a goal or finishing a project until he's got his sexuality sorted out... at least I would be very conscious about where his hands are.

Wanderer787

Mar 14, 2011
It depends on the intent and delivery of the hug. A "manly-man" hug with a characteristic slap on the back isn't a sign of being gay, same with the handshake to back-slap hug. A tender kind of hug you'd give to a significant other, on the other hand, would probably be interpreted as a sign of being gay.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Two men hugging; They're either gay, or bros, or related, or they just don't give a shit.

If you feel the need to examine it further, you must first ask yourself why.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
You know, my sister doesn't let me hold her hand in public anymore. She says people might think we're lesbian. And when I say if anyone asks, we can elucidate, she argues people will think it's incestuous. So if sisters holding hands in public is supposed to be lesbian and incestuous, then two men hugging is supposed to be gay. Seriously, it's like no one can display platonic affection through any form of physical contact anymore. >:T

iDoom46

Dec 31, 2010
Because its wrong for a man to show any kind of emotion?

Totally not gay. For one thing- in most hugs, the dicks aren't touching.
There's nothing wrong with expressing some hetero man-love through a strong embrace. Especially when it turns into a competition to see who can crush the other's spine the hardest before somebody gives up.

I'm a BIG hugger, I love a good hug. I hug everyone and everything.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
Are you sure he wasn't joking? I joke around like that with my friends and no hugging a guy doesn't make you gay.

zaro27

Apr 15, 2009
Me and my bros brohug. Grab their right hand with your right hand in the typically accepted handshake position, pull yourself into your bro, smack him on the back with your left hand while making a manly noise.

However, always turn your faces away from each other. If you fail this IMPORTANT step, you will be gay-brohugging.

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
Depends on how it's given.
I hug my grandfather/uncle/family friend everytime I see them, mostly because I don't see them too often and I love them in a non-gay way. I don't hug my male friends, mostly because that's just not how we say hi. I know there are a lot of guys who would man-hug everytime they saw each other, and as long as their both comfortable with it (and not gay), then it's not gay. If two guys hug when they say hello, goodbye, sorry, thanks and just about everything else, it can likely be considered gay.

Sum-up: If the guys are okay with it, and don't do it ad nauseum, it really can't be considered gay.
Oh and as long as their balls don't touch. That's important.

Keela

Aug 16, 2008
I try to give bro-hugs sometimes, but only to my closest of friends. To put it in the most awesome terms possible, I'll hug a friend if I'd trust them under any and all circumstances to lean in and plant a knife in my gut.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I've sat on a friend's (we're both guys) lap, not ironically or anything, for a while too, and neither of us are gay. So a hug's nothing.

...actually my friend came out to being bi abit later.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Donnyp said:
No. now if you start making out and touching each others junk then it's gay. But a Hug....no.
And that would just be hot! :p

OT: an act can't be "gay". The people doing it can be, but the act is not. I hug my nieces and nephews all the time and there's nothing sexual there. Why should it be any different to hug your friends?

Let's all stop worrying about what is "gay" and what isn't, and all spend more time loving one another.

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
Hugging is a human thing....It isn't restricted to any specific gender.

I actually hate that some people (guys mainly) are way to insecure that they would hold themselves back from hugging someone they care about. If you care for someone, I think you should be able to show them with a simple hug, whether they be of the same gender or not. For goodness sake, you may be a man, but that doesn't mean you don't have emotions or feelings.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
I have alot of Italians in my family and if you try'd to tell them that you'd likely get an ass beaten.

theres an old saying that i just made up. "It's not gay till you stick your dick in it"

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Just to throw my voice in with the 200 others, no it's not gay. I hug my bros all the time. That's just bro-mance.

Actually my friends and I are very comfortable about it. We make jokes about wanting to bang each other. We sneak up behind each other and whisper suggestive things into the others ears. we occasionally rub each others thighs. We go shirtless and run down the street. We go skinny dipping. We grab each by the waist and grind on the dancefloor. We spend all night cuddling in bed. How could anyone think that's gay?

DeltaWolfson

May 9, 2011
MAYBE, if the guys where hugging for more than 4 secs.

/I put the "maybe" to avoid pissing off any who may find it offensive.\

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Good lord it ain't gay, i hug my mates all the time and there's nothing wrong with it and no one else around seems to have a problem with a friendly hug it's just a custom of being a friend.