Two men hugging means they're gay?

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
It's not a "hug", man! It's a "Bro Grab." it's where you do the whole handshake/half hug thing.

I'm just pulling it out of my ass, a hug is good for 1-2 seconds before it becomes weird, unless your friend is upset, then it's not gay and you're just there for him.

that's how I see it

thequixoticman

Nov 13, 2007
PureChaos said:
My friends are important to me and a hug with a close friend is great, especially as we have all moved away so don't get to see each other very often. Hell, when I was at uni I'd known my flatmates for 3 months but when we were back together in January there were a lot of reunion hugs.

now, one day a few years ago a friend mentioned it was their birthday coming up and said to me 'what you going to give me for my birthday' to which I replied 'I'll give you a hug'. his response was 'no thanks, I'm not gay' which I thought was stupid. I just this minute told that story to my mum and she pretty much agreed with my mates response.

what do you think? is one friend hugging another gay? or is it just friendly? Joey and Chandler do it all the time!
Of course one friend hugging another friend isn't an inherently homosexual act. That's moronic. I would say however that I agree with your friend that I'd have a bad reaction to the response "I'll give you a hug," to the question "What are you getting me for my birthday?" Not because it's inherently homosexual, but it is overly sentimental to an almost aggravating degree. I don't know how to put this without it coming out oddly, I would hug my friends, I wouldn't go "Hey friend, I have a present for you. It's a hug," without irony. I'd feel like a schmuck saying something like that. I don't think that's limited to any particular gender or sexuality, the only place where something like that seems the remotest bit genuine is like... when dealing with your kids. It's sentimental to the point of either insincerity or cloying sweetness, neither of which are that much of a draw for me from the perspective of a friend.

Timmehexas

Aug 15, 2010
I was always under the impression you where gay if you where attracted to people of the same sex! But ya know I could be doing it wrong...

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
I think men hugging their male friends is gay if both people involved are gay. Or, I guess, if at least one of the parties thinks it is.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Unless hugging is now a euphemism for having sex, then no. Hugging is a show of affection with no sexual connotation. Anyone who ever hugged their mother and didn't have an Oedipus complex knows that. Lots of guys tend to be usually homophobic though and don't even like touching other guys for fear of being called "gay." Honestly if someone is that insecure in their sexuality then they need to do some soul searching and being called or being gay isn't a negative thing anymore.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
PureChaos said:
-snippy do da-
Nah it ain't gay, if it is then I'd be super gay since my hugs tend to last an awesome time, almost passed out from a hug thee other day!

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
I hug my bros all the time, and if would some would even dare to imply that it's even slightly gay, I'll fuck 'em in the ass just to show them that I'm not even remotely gay.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
Its not gay. I hugged a homosexual male once and even taht was tottaly not gay because no one got a boner.

so yeah, its only gay if your Metapod uses harden followed by string shot.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
What? No! I'm a guy and hug my guy friends all the time. Most guys I know do that... Only the most insecure would call it gay.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Two girls hugging isn't seen as them being gay
Stop ruining it dammit!

I hugged a friend I haven't seen in a long time, and he's actually gay, but I'm not, so therefore it's not a gay thing.

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Thibaut said:
Pff, everything is gay these days. Do what makes you happy and don't care about what others think. Trust me, don't try to persuade them it's not gay.

Spoiler: You won't convince them.
I agree with Cookie Monster.

He has my vote for 2012
Cookie Monster for president!

hamasins

Jul 12, 2010
PureChaos said:
what do you think? is one friend hugging another gay? or is it just friendly? Joey and Chandler do it all the time!
only if you get a boner son, only if you get a boner.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
No. Me and my band all give each other hugs in greeting. Hell, occasionally two of us will crash in the same bed while one refuses to wear more than boxers. And by occasionally I mean frequently, and I'm always the one who is wearing clothes trying in vain to convince the other to wear more clothes.

However, none of us are gay. Only one of us (boxers guy) isn't a virgin, but the rest of us haven't slept with any women not because we don't want to, but because one of guy's girlfriend lives 100 miles away and the two of us remaining (me and our drummer) just don't have luck in that field.

I forgot where I was going with all this because its 4:30 in the morning, but looking back to the OP I see its about whether two guys hugging is gay, and no, it isn't.

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
A mate of mine once said, it's only gay if you take it up the arse.

Me I say it's gay if you find the other male sexually attractive, otherwise it's just affection, I hug my friends, brothers, father. It's perfectly normal I think.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
GHudston said:
While we're at it, hugging your sister is incest and petting your dog is bestiality.

Only the most insecure of people would actually think this.
This! Incredible that some people actually think a guy hugging a guy is gay.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
Pipotchi said:

I dont think it makes you gay, it makes you a cheapskate that all your friend is getting for his Birthday is a hug :)
Hugging is the ideal gift. Great for any occasion, fun to give and receive, shows you care, comes with its own wrapping and, of course, is fully returnable. Hugging is practically perfect. No batteries to wear out, inflation-proof, nonfattening, no monthly payments, theft-proof and nontaxable.

Don't know who said it.