Tyra Banks Fancies Herself the Next J.R.R. Tolkien

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Why all the hate? Who the hell cares that some model decides to write a fantasy book about models/modeling? Why is this even news on a the Escapist???

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I have no words that won't get me banned, so I'll keep that bit of rage within me.

As for what this is, this allegory as she calls it. I wonder how many people had to tell her how to say that word, then teach her the meaning of that word and then tell her she mispronounced it again essentially repeating the process. No, just no. I'm pretty sure if that's her version of an allegory she needs to be tested for ten different kind of drugs.

Don't pretty this world, if it was so awful to you why do you want to make an allegory to it that shows it wasn't that bad? You keep whining and bitching about what you went through, why make that something appealing? Again I say no, just get someone to write your biography, tell all the sordid details and somehow you'd make even more money.

Icecoldcynic said:
...Modelland? Seriously? If this turns out to be a good series I will buy a hat and then eat it. And then regurgitate it, and eat it again. And then cry.
I think I see what you did there. If unintentional I still my tip my hat to you sir.

agrandstudent

Nov 23, 2009
How much money is going into publishing her book instead of others that are probably better written and by people that actually need the money to live? Tyra Banks is killing people by making her book and publishing it. It's sad that the quality of her book wont matter because she is famous in a unrelated field.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Enigmers said:
J.R.R. Tolkien, raging misogynist v.s. objectified women who don't wear enough clothing.

Yeah, I can totally see the resemblance.
Not sure if that was what you were aiming for, but after the hemorrhaging my brain's suffered it makes sense to me...

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
That's Fucked up, or as Karl Lagerfeld would say, "Le monde de la Mode n'est qu'éphémère" so let's hope that in a few months this "experiment" will be forgotten.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008

I mean dear god, real life seems to be conspiring to make Ben Stillier's attempts at parody redundant.

Is it possible that Tyra Banks may just be an incredibly epic troll that really is trying to pull a zoolander... or is she really that fucking nuts.

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
I can only imagine what I'd feel like reading the book, when I can feel my IQ dropping from reading about it.

Dear gods, the horror...

I also resent the notion that every girl in the world wants to go to Modelland - if that's actually true, I think it may be time for my killing spree.

But hey, it can't be much worse than Twilight... right? R-right...?

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Oh i'm kinda disappointed that it wasn't Susan who did this particular news info. Probably would of lol'd at her opinion

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
Icecoldcynic said:
...Modelland? Seriously? If this turns out to be a good series I will buy a hat and then eat it. And then regurgitate it, and eat it again. And then cry.
I think I see what you did there. If unintentional I still my tip my hat to you sir.
Bulimia isn't a joke son.

but sometimes, it can still be funny ;)

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Charli said:
Well your title of the article already blew my mind into little tiny bits of oblivion.

And then I got to;
Tyra Banks is getting into the fantasy novel game with a series all about models.
And urgent shutdown of this brain-system was needed. Restarting in safe mode when I feel the world of gaming isn't becoming more and more frightening.
Aye, My soul just died a liitle...why cruel earth?

En tu Tyra?

Glazin

Feb 17, 2010
Modelland? Well i give her points for originality. But she lose them because the story is so predictable.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
My forebrain is actually trying to escape. Congratulations, Ms Banks, you've discovered a way to lobotomise people without surgery.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Huh.... well, good for her I guess, even though it sounds horrid. And not everyone who writes a trilogy fancies themselves as the next Tolkien.

Is there anyone old enough here who remembers when she was actually super hot?

Conman94

May 12, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTifdoKXoxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnUx5BtTEfg