U.S. Military to Test Iron Man Suit in June, Seeks Your Help for Components

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Sarge034 said:
MrFalconfly said:
By standardizing military conduct and have very strict requirements for civilian interaction to make sure anything unprofessional doesn't happen.

It is always the responsibility of the military forces to make sure ANY interaction with the civilian populace (whether it be from their own country or in the country they're stationed) is resolved as peacefully as possible.

EDIT: If the local civilian populace "hates" the armed forces because "they're the man" (even though the armed forces are there to protect the civilian populace) then the armed forced have cocked up royally.
UCMJ (Uniformed Code of Military Justice) passed in 1950, done.

Your edit makes it painfully clear you have no idea about American culture. In the 60's there was a paradigm shift you need to learn about if you want to have any hope of understanding. Also, for the record, it is the civilian populous that gives the military a hard time the vast majority of the time.

Lastly, I never said "hate" so you should probably take that out of quotes.
If I tried to mislead why would I keep your original comment?!?

"Hate" in inverted commas wasn't a quote. At most it was me paraphrasing it.

And yes I don't know how the US military functions internally. All I can operate from are people who've been in the system and news from the areas they've operated in.

As for the UCMJ. There's a hell of a difference between how the legislation says the US can conduct war and how the Soldiers are trained to act in war.

Kuredan

Hingle McCringleberry
Dec 4, 2012
It may have been noted before, but let's note it again. While Talos does have a meaning the Elder Scrolls game, The first I saw of it was when I read a translation of Jason and the Argonauts. Talos was a colossus like the Colossus of Rhodes: a man of living bronze. He was made with a single vein running from his head to his feet with a bronze nail in his foot to keep his blood in. He patrolled the shores of Crete and threw rocks at the Argo when it tried to approach. Jason used Medea to cast a spell on Talos so that he would go mad. He pulled out the bronze nail in his foot and all his blood came out, running like liquid lead. Then Jason and co. were able to reach Crete.

I have a feeling the military were going for that meaning, if maybe not the idea of a living Iron Man with one fatal flaw.

Also regarding the comments of an EMP.. if terrorists had access to EMPs, they would have used them by now. I doubt they have scientific know-how to make them, even if it's "relatively cheap" to make in the developed world. Also.. a doomsday prepper website might not have the most unbiased sources of information on doomsday weapons.