Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
putowtin said:
So theres a survey bouncing around in which Ubisoft are asking where the next Assassin's Creed should be set, the eight options are:

*The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
*The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
*The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
*The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
*The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
*The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan
*The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome

Which would you pick, let us know!

(I'm torn between victorian england and Egypt)

link to original article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-28-ubisoft-survey-public-on-future-assassins-creed-locations

(edit: Poll eaten by trolls)
I say fuck no to England and Feudal Japan.

Why? Because we have seen that stuff done to death in other places. AC is about taking us to new places that we haven't otherwise explored or would have really explored on our own. Besides, most people want Victorian England because of 'teh steampunk' and Japan so they can be ninja and samurai.

My vote is for the Tsar Empire. Not NEARLY explored enough.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
These are all awesome, but I think it should definitely be after the Renaissance and Ezio's time. It would be weird to go backwards after all this progression, American Revolution would be fascinating, in my opinion.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
putowtin said:
So theres a survey bouncing around in which Ubisoft are asking where the next Assassin's Creed should be set, the eight options are:

*The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
*The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
*The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
*The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
*The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
*The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan
*The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome

Which would you pick, let us know!

(I'm torn between victorian england and Egypt)

link to original article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-28-ubisoft-survey-public-on-future-assassins-creed-locations

(edit: Poll eaten by trolls)
I want contemporary Assassins, but Ubi loves to keep that plotline as the background. So its a toss up between American Rev, which could be an interesting scenery switch as most of North America was wilds. I'd like to see that in a more open map setting rather than the confined to Rome/Constantinople(Istanbul)/. That was the one thing I liked about AC1, the in-between map. Also perhaps Feudal Japan or Medieval China. I'm kinda sick of Europe, no offense to you Europeans.

EDIT: Wouldn't it be really screwy if we find out that Desmond isn't even the main character but actually someone else in an Animus living his life? Yeah... ok... Inception kinda ruined that idea (tho it was a badass movie).

IactoSophos

Apr 3, 2008
Definitely Victorian England, I was really hoping that revelations was going to be in Victorian England, but I was dissapointed :(

Otherwise either China or Feudal Japan (preferably the latter) as these are not covered enough in video games

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I can see each and every one of those settings working out nicely so I'm torn between them. But I think they shouldn't pay too much heed to fans' demands and just make whatever they think will work out best.

As long as it's not another fucking Ezio game.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Hmm, England, Egypt, China and Japan all sound good to me.

Russia sounds ok at best, i think we have had enough of Italy and i just outright dont want the American senarios.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
I say American revolution. I can just picture all the cool gadgets they could make then. Plus it is a really unexplored time in video games.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I actually wanna say Russian Revolution since i'm assuming they mean the 1917 one. It'd bring the series onwards in time rather than suddenly jump back even further than the starting point...

Plus i think it'd be interesting. Maybe we'd even get to rescue Anastasia at some point :p

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I'd prefer Victorian England, but any time is alright if Desmond has a female ancestor. Or did his family produce an unbroken line of male babies?

It would amuse me, is all I'm saying.

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Well my first thought was Hoth

But as that is unlikely to happen (i want a hidden lightsaber) i will choose The british empire option as it will have a vastly different atmosphere and will allow the progress of the assassins technology withut feeling like corny (e.g secret assasin dude in ancient rome invents some snazzy new gadgets) and also half of those wouldnt make sense as the templars as an organisation where formed during the crusades so anything prior (upto 1000 years for christ sakes) would seem a bit silly

Besides i want the next assassin to wear a top hat.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
I said this in another thread a while back, so I'll say it again. Wouldn't the Victorian Era be a cool setting for the next Assassin's Creed game? Maybe you could have that Jack the Ripper is an Assassin who went rogue and joined the Templars. He would make a kickass final boss.

I expect credit Ubisoft -_-

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Well from the choices available i would have to say Russian Revolution or Victoria England, both sound cool enough that its hard to pick between them.

Shilefin

Aug 18, 2011
I's a tie between Victorian England, and the Communist Revolution in Russia. I'm being kinda teased by Ancient Rome, since i love Rome, but we had one game in there already, plus, that wouldn't really rhyme with the AC series pattern of games being ahead of themselves in time. Same with Japan, because Ninjas.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
ksn0va said:
None! Set it in the present and wrap up Desmond's story already!
Very much seconded. They can muck about with different assassins in all kinds of historic periods, but please after AC3. Anything other than Desmond's time doesn't make sense this time around, because resolving that weird doomsday prophecy they've been harping on about since AC2 really only works in 2012.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
RUSSIAN REVOLUTION! Please, I really want this. This would be the only Assassin's Creed game I'm interested in.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
ksn0va said:
None! Set it in the present and wrap up Desmond's story already!
I second this. I find Desmond to be much more interesting than either Altair or Ezio. I'd love to see him take center stage in the next game.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
I think France on the verge of civil war would be a great place and period of history to explore; however, since it wasn't an option, I'd go for Victorian England.