Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
China, without a doubt. There haven't been many (if any at all), atmospheric games set in China (or just most of East Asia while we're at it).

So that would probably be my first pick.

Second, Egypt.
That could be so, so interesting. Pharaoh power-play? Wow, yeah. I can't recall any Eyptian period pieces either.

MultiElford

Oct 22, 2011
I would love to play during the rise of Caesar, but I think Assassin's Creed 2 was enough Italy for now.
Egypt would be weird to design with the characters, but there is material to work with.

Now, Britain would be awesome. I think they should go with that just because it would be so much fun to design.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
Russian revolution ftw, so much scope for intrigue and conspiracy. Besides they could do fantastic things with the story itself, twisting it so it takes you some time to see the line between frind and foe: never making it obvious who the templars actually are. Also, interesting link up with the subject matter that I have always thought would be perfect for the next Assassins creed game: The first world war.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
I would buy the game if it had the British setting, or maybe the russian one.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
I'd like too see it in England or in Egypt because those both would be so amazing!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I would like a time near the present.

It would want one game to be set in a War, like WW2 or Vietnam/Cold War. (We could be a soldier that finds the assassins and becomes one of them, and that is Desmond's great grand farther)

Or they could make us Desmond and wrap up the story, either one of my ideas will make me very happy.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
My vote goes to anything Non- Europe. The first game had a huge European influence and the following games have all been Italy. Japan or China for the love of God.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Was screaming "Feudal Japan" in my head as this page was loading.

Victorian England isn't really something that interests me.

Would British colonists be the bad guys in a story set during the American Revolution? Would the Spanish be the good guys in a South American conquistador-era tale?
Why would anyone have to be the bad guys or good guys? What's wrong with ambiguity.
Those two settings don't really interest me either.

Egypt or China might be cool.

Gecko clown

Mar 28, 2011
The the victorian empire one because then you'd get the chance to go to Britain, India, Australia, Canada, Africa, America and a ton of other places to. Also I want a gentleman assassin complete with top hat and suit, the real deal.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Russian Revolution. Holy fuck yes, I want that game inside me.

That would get me interested in Assassin's Creed titles again.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Victorian England... with some exploration of the East India Company (allowing for some cool caribbean set pieces, and maybe some pirate action... Who wouldn't want to be a bad*ss assassin at sea?)

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Gecko clown said:
The the victorian empire one because then you'd get the chance to go to Britain, India, Australia, Canada, Africa, America and a ton of other places to.
Ummm, how?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I expect a lot of Victorian Englanding.
Although I want to see an Irish assassin.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Wheres World War II Paris? But I would like to see Victorian London and Revolutionary Moscow. Feudal Japan would just be another Ninja game and I could just play some old Tenchu for that.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
How about the bottom of the drawing room cupboard? They're running the series into the ground with the constant releases. Plus, they're assholes who apparently can't speak english.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
mexicola said:
As long as it's not another fucking Ezio game.
Revelations was the last game to feature Ezio Auditore Da Firenze or Altiar Ibn-La'Ahad.

Sonicron said:
ksn0va said:
None! Set it in the present and wrap up Desmond's story already!
Very much seconded. They can muck about with different assassins in all kinds of historic periods, but please after AC3. Anything other than Desmond's time doesn't make sense this time around, because resolving that weird doomsday prophecy they've been harping on about since AC2 really only works in 2012.
The game due out next year will be the end of Desmond Miles story. The survey is regarding a new assassin in a new timeline with a new descendant reliving their memories.

MrBubblyJubbly

Jun 13, 2011
VICTORIANBRITAINVICTORIANBRITAINVICTORIANBRITAIN!

Sorry, but I'm from England and not enough games are set here and I mean, come one. Jack the Ripper could be the Head Assassin and there are plenty of locations and opportunities for assassinations.