Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
There hasn't been nearly enough media depicting Russian history without a 'Communism SUCKS'undertone, so that's my vote!

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
If they did the Russian Revolution it'd be a great way to tie into the Daniel Cross arc from the comics. Also that's certainly an intriguing part of history. I'm torn between that and The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors. In context of the current story (post-Revelations) I could see those two working the best.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I'm really trying to work out how some of those would work in terms of Desmonds ancestors, mostly Feudal Japan.

But they're all so good... too hard to decide.

Darkwhite

Nov 15, 2010
I'd say they should stop dancing around and just do something with Desmond, the trying to extend the series is getting old. Unless there is some really good reason they give at the end of Revelations which I'm still in the middle of...

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Either feudal Japan or medieval China, preferably the later for its sweeping set pieces. I'm very wary of setting an AC game in an era with guns. So that knocks out all the other options but Egypt and Ancient Rome. We've already done Rome, twice, so thats out. Ancient egypt would be allright, but i think an Oreintal culture would provide some nice variety. AC1: arabian, AC2: Western, AC3: Eastern. Would really flush out the sense of the templars being this vast shadowy hegemony.

thibaut95

Feb 8, 2011
i would love to see a good game set in acient egypt,but england and japan would be nice too

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
I would love Victorian Britain or Communist Russia. Considering I am interested in both, it will be easier to learn about them in video game form. It's so nice to have such a historically accurate game series!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I was under the impression that whatever came after AC 2 and its expansions would be chronologically set after them and AC 1. It only made sense to me that we'd be playing a new descendant of both Ezio and Altair. So in that case, any of those suggestions set in ancient times would seem like a step back (both in plot and the technology available to the assassin).

The AC series is pretty much built on its urban set pieces so playing an assassin through the American Revolution and the Spanish colonization of the Americas wouldn't really appeal to me.

That being said, I would like to see a lot more focus on Desmond. The Templar threat in his time has been so significantly built up that an other adventure in to the past would seem like a disservice to the overall story. I'd also be interested to see how the series' focus on melee combat can hold up against modern day Templars who could just pick off Desmond with a rifle from 50 yards away.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Russian Revolution or Medieval China. Both sound unique and could offer some cool aesthetics.

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England, This sounds pretty awesome to me, the fog filled streets of london, replace the assassin outfit with a good suit and sword cane, and a steampunkish engineer to replace Da Vinci. That is a game i would definitely buy.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Think Im gonna go with Egypt for my first choice just because Im hard pressed to think of any historical egyption style game. The closest ones I can recall are all Arabian fantasy themes

My second choice is fuedal japan but I have a hard time seeing Desmond as having any japanese descent, he just seems to American for that

Yet this also brings up another question. What happened to that future setting the game was originally set in?

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Egypt all the way for me. AC2 was an excellent game, just imagining something like that set in ancient Egypt makes me salivate almost uncontrollably.

Medieval China should be cool too, but nowhere near as interesting for me as that Egypt.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution

That one, and it would be nice to get a poll to vote, or a link to somewhere you van actually vote.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
Egypt and the Russian Revolution both seem like cool ideas. However the Russian Revolution seems like it happens too close to modern day, I think there should be more games before they start moving that close to modern day.

Also somehow climbing a pyramid while locked in epic combat would be a great final boss.

Come to think of it Feudal Japan would be interesting too.