Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
So no Desmond? I smell DLC for Revalations then.

I say England...Just for the Victorian accents :')

If failing that...Egypt!

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Ohhh, so many awesome options.

Medieval China
Victorian England
Russian Revolution
Feudal Japan

I really can't decide between these.
If it's one of them, I'll be happy with the decision.

ElectricMegaHamstah

Oct 10, 2011
Metalhandkerchief said:
No Norwegian/ Swedish unification of Viking clan setting?

I am disappoint. I abstain.

Maybe they don't want to make it seem too much like Skyrim. But it's not like I would ever buy another AssCreed game again >_>
We scandinavians aint gettin no love... ):

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Hylke Langhout said:
I said this in another thread a while back, so I'll say it again. Wouldn't the Victorian Era be a cool setting for the next Assassin's Creed game? Maybe you could have that Jack the Ripper is an Assassin who went rogue and joined the Templars. He would make a kickass final boss.

I expect credit Ubisoft -_-
Queen Victoria to be a Templar...

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
there will eventually be a game set around WWII, it's just sort of a given, but i would ask ubisoft if they might do me a favor and include a section set around the Winter War.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
arc1991 said:

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
How did you learn the truth? I hear them knocking at your door, don't answer it!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
putowtin said:
arc1991 said:

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
How did you learn the truth? I hear them knocking at your door, don't answer it!
Damnit! My Assassins den has been compromised >.>

Ahh well, time to play Assassins VS Templars in Picadilly... xD

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
That could be interesting, but I'd be wary as the Assassin's are supportive to communism (Lenin and his brother) and the commie Russia shouldn't be portrayed as the paradise on Earth. And Lenin was a damn murderer(Ukraine; invasion on Europe; hell, execution of whole Romanov family) as well as Stalin, so don't spout that "Lenin was the good guy" shit.

*The rise of Ceasar's Empire in Ancient Rome
Pretty interesting, though again: I wouldn't pleasantly see Julius portrayed as a bad Templar. People loved him, after all.

How about renaissance/baroque Poland-Lithuania though? The reign of Sigismund III Vasa would be perfect for AC's storyline. We have an elected king (Templars rigged the election!), who's a devout Catholic (or so he says... Templar) his advisor is a jesuite Piotr(Peter) Skarga (Templar?!). Also, the 'rokosz' (legal rebellion against king in Commonwealth of Both Nations) - Assassin's try to seize power from king, of course - later portrayed by Templar's as greedy and self-centered people; taking Moscow - Assassin's may try to incite rebellion there...
Also, Poland-Lithuania is portrayed near to nowhere, but so is Russia.

They can do anything, as long as they have new, good ideas. I hope they won't jump on the CoD bandwagon.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Ziame said:
They can do anything, as long as they have new, good ideas. I hope they won't jump on the CoD bandwagon.
They've always said they wanted to stay away from modern warfare, that's why they won't go near the world wars

carletonman

Oct 29, 2010
In a world dominated by PC gaming and everything is DRM free! Zing!

But seriously though, would love to see a napoleonic setting, or failing that, something to do with the austro-hungarian empire.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Why? So they can say, "lolfuckyoupc?"

China, please. I've already seen enough desert cities in the first game.

Russia would be cool, though. Russian can make anybody sound badass.

Scratch that, I'll take the Japanese Warlords.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
wooty said:
Oooooo, I'd say Russian Revolution, so much scope and scenario for that setting.
But Medieval China would be another awesome setting, BUT only if they dont try any bizzare mildly offensive Chi-English accents with the dialogue.
I agree those were my two top choices and if they go Russian that can tie it into the comic.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Russian Revolution sounds like it would be the coolest setting by far. Lots of interesting stuff to play around with there and in my mind the atmosphere would be simply amazing. I just really hope that your assassin gets to blend in and not wear that assassin hoodie...

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
WE NEED A COMMUNIST GAME.

Please for the love of god let them create a game of the October revolution, I'd sell my freaking soul to see that.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I demand England.
And I demand underground steampunk socities.
And I demand that the hidden blade be made of three metal clock hands, all rotating out to meet a virtual 12 when deployed.