Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My top three have to be,

Ancient Rome and the rise of Caesar
The Tsar Empire being overthrown by the Communist Uprising in Russia
My top choice though is Egypt by far.

I'm kind of surprised too though...I would have jumped on Japan followed closely by China but all of the others are very rarely seen in games.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
To me all the choices seem like pure shit IMO. What I want is to play Desmond suiting up and fucking up Templars in his modern world. Not another derailing side story that'll make the story even more confusing. Think about it Desmond with a slienced, collapsible, Sniper Rifle using a bullet make out of the metal of the original hidden blades to put hole in the Pope's skull. C'mon this is a SciFi story and we seen enough of the past, it's time to really tell Desmond's story through his eyes.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
TheDooD said:
To me all the choices seem like pure shit IMO. What I want is to play Desmond suiting up and fucking up Templars in his modern world. Not another derailing side story that'll make the story even more confusing. Think about it Desmond with a slienced, collapsible, Sniper Rifle using a bullet make out of the metal of the original hidden blades to put hole in the Pope's skull. C'mon this is a SciFi story and we seen enough of the past, it's time to really tell Desmond's story through his eyes.
And I'll mention it again, this is not a survey for the game coming out next year (which will be the end of Desmond's story) this is for a future AC game with a whole new ancestry

DionysusSnoopy

May 9, 2009
Then I find that maybe some of the ancient world would be fun possibly have it run up till just before the original AC with the founding of the Assassin Order at Alamut in Persia (Iran today) under Hasan-i Sabbah (where the term assassin came from, was hashshashin) which was a little before the Masyaf branch was founded, we saw in AC. I would also like it to show more effect on the world instead of a secret war of the templars show how assassins shaped history maybe they were involved in the death of julius ceasar (along with the rest of the senate obviously), possibly saved the life of Ramses III, unknown to history.

putowtin

Jul 7, 2010
sean16 said:
Then I find that maybe some of the ancient world would be fun possibly have it run up till just before the original AC with the founding of the Assassin Order at Alamut in Persia (Iran today) under Hasan-i Sabbah (where the term assassin came from, was hashshashin)
Nice research, you know what hashshashin means? (I do just wondered if you did)

[spoiler|meaning of hashshashin] eater or user of hashish, it was an insultive name, given by the assassin's enemies. However according to the teachings of Hasan-i Sabbah, his name for his followers was Asasiyun, which meant people who are faithful to the Asās (Asās meaning the foundations of their faith)[/spoiler]

DionysusSnoopy

May 9, 2009
putowtin said:
you know what hashshashin means?
I was aware of the meaning. It is thought that members were held in a garden of paradise with concubines and given hashish, though information was lost after the Mongol horde sacked the place.

putowtin

Jul 7, 2010
sean16 said:
putowtin said:
you know what hashshashin means?
I was aware of the meaning. It is thought that members were held in a garden of paradise with concubines and given hashish, though information was lost after the Mongol horde sacked the place.
nice answer!

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
putowtin said:
Ziame said:
They can do anything, as long as they have new, good ideas. I hope they won't jump on the CoD bandwagon.
They've always said they wanted to stay away from modern warfare, that's why they won't go near the world wars
I meant as in "let's release same game over and over" not "modern warfare"

putowtin

Jul 7, 2010
Ziame said:
putowtin said:
Ziame said:
They can do anything, as long as they have new, good ideas. I hope they won't jump on the CoD bandwagon.
They've always said they wanted to stay away from modern warfare, that's why they won't go near the world wars
I meant as in "let's release same game over and over" not "modern warfare"
see what you mean, yeah when they move on from desmond's story I hope we have a change (you know not, didn't want to be an assassin, got caught by bad guys, now want to be an assassin!)

Stephan Wessels

Jan 19, 2012
This game has been blowing my freaking mind for to long. Bring out the next game. My head can't stand not knowing what happens next. How long before next release. These people are doing a great job in keeping my interest

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Well I want 3 to be Desmond with an overall to make modern stuff applicable to the game. With an amnesiac Desmond or one of his ancestors trying to find out what happened on that apocalyptic date. The present could be vague until the end, so players wouldn't know if the Assassins or Templars won or if the event was stopped.

But for future sequels having a game set in the American war of Independence with different groups of Assassins and Templars on both sides vying for power could be cool. Benjamin Franklin could be your Leonardo equivalent designing new gear. The sequel or brotherhood-esque expansion could be the French Revolution with the same character but a bit older.

Or going back further in time to an ancient city like Athens or Carthage with earlier proto-Assassins fighting proto-Templars.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
How about 2 years after your last game. I mean stop dishing out AC games left and right and actually sit down and take some time on the next one, and spend at least 2 years before you decide to release it.

Just a thought...0o

Oh and enough with the mini game fillers, spend some actual time revamping the combat system so I don't feel like I'm playing a turn based hack and slash set on baby's first vagina adventure mode. (yeah I stole that from Yahtzee..lol)

putowtin

Jul 7, 2010
WolfThomas said:
Well I want 3 to be Desmond with an overall to make modern stuff applicable to the game. With an amnesiac Desmond or one of his ancestors trying to find out what happened on that apocalyptic date.
the next game due out this december will be the concusion of Desmond's story, the poll was about where the series goes after that.

Nomanslander said:
How about 2 years after your last game.
after this decembers game, the developers have stated there will be a gap.

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
Victorian England has quite a bit of scope, you could have industrial revolution england, highland clearances, potato famine... Choices are endless.

Shaunofthebread

Sep 21, 2011
I can't choose between Medieval China or Victorian England because both would take the seires to new places that we havent really experienced.