Ubisoft Eyeballs THQ

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
Tahaneira said:
...dammit.

I can't really think of any of those game being improved by Ubisoft's current 'one game a year from each IP' model (note that I really only know about Darksiders, Saint's Row, and Metro).

And I was having so much fun with Darksiders.
I dont pay to much attention but isnt the only Ubisoft title that gets a yearly release assassins creed?

Nghtgnt

May 30, 2010
Great, I'm really looking forward to not buying Dawn of War 3 because of the horrible DRM it will have.

Hogger596

Sep 13, 2010
As long as it won't require Uplay or anything like that... I'm actually quite alright with this. As many already said: at least it ain't EA or Activision.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I don't know what to make of this. Ubi isn't the worst nor the best. I don't think that they'd ruin the THQ games but there are some companies which could have improved them.
We'll see how this goes. It's hard to say right now.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Not sure why so many people hate ubisoft, aside from their DRM.(which has been getting better)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Ubisoft isnt all that bad but I would really like to see 2K getting their hands on some of these IP's if everything goes to shit for THQ

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
gigastar said:
Dont really see much to worry about.

Ubisoft isnt known for buying out and stripping the competition of valuable IPs.
Very true, they just make it prohibitively difficult for paying customers to access the product.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Froggy Slayer said:
but...THQ owns Relic. And Relic are the ones who make the Dawn of War games.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-*boom*
I know im really unsure, Ubisoft is lesser of the evils between EA, ACTIVISION. I still dont like them, i just want a good Dawn of War 3 game with regular updates and not cutting up a 90% finished game for DLC like they did with Space Marine. Its warhammer 40k universe!!! endless amounts of DLC and expanion pack penitential.

I know its my dream but would it not be great if Valve popped up out of no where and got THQ ^.^

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
CrossLOPER said:
DrunkOnEstus said:
I've actually kind of warmed up to Ubisoft...they got rid of the ridiculous server DRM,
Anno 2070 has 3 machine activation limits. I mean it's not Max Payne 3 HARDWARE LOCKING but it's still a pain in the ass.
Wow, there's some information I didn't know. I never saw a point to the limits other than to sell you the game more than once because you like to format often. So with Max Payne 3, you're locked out if you change your video card or something? Fuck. That. I guess we still have a ways to go...

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
AstaresPanda said:
I know its my dream but would it not be great if Valve popped up out of no where and got THQ ^.^
Gabe Newell could buy THQ with money from his own pocket. Dude's a billionaire.

Hmm... the Ubisoft symbol looks like an eye. Eye get it.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Easton Dark said:
AstaresPanda said:

Hmm... the Ubisoft symbol looks like an eye. Eye get it.
Had no idea the guy was so loaded.

I just want warhammer 40k ip to be in good hands that stay faithful to the universe not end up watering it down to appeal. Relic does it right, all i feel they've ever needed is more staff funding and time to polish/finish.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
AstaresPanda said:
Easton Dark said:
Had no idea the guy was so loaded.
It was recent announcement in the financial circles. Gaming circles didn't pick up on it.

Jun 11, 2008
I'd kinda rather never see DoW 3 or CoH 2 than have Activision, EA or Ubisoft acquire Relic. Unless they take a complete hands off stance from Relic and let them do their thing and none of those pubs have shown any true understanding of the PC market. That said Ubisoft did improve with Rayman so if they keep that attitude up it wouldn't be too bad.

destroyer2k

Oct 12, 2008
Noooo this can't happen. If it does than every stinking game will want uplay (or whatever there service is called).

The best thing would be if VALVE bought relic and even if they would make games by valve time is still better than ubisoft, ea, activision.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I can get behind this if, and only if, Ubisoft starts making Warhammer 40,000 games that aren't centered around the fucking Space Marines, even if it's just to shake things up a bit.

Fire Warrior was a fluke, and you should be ashamed of yourself for bringing that up.

Korzack

Apr 28, 2010
Mmh, unless 2K come out of nowhere, Ubisoft aren't as shitty as some publishers who are probably circling this like Versace Vultures. The guy who did the always on DRM seems to have been moved on + hey, they haven't shagged Far Cry yet. It could be a hell of a lot worse, folks.