Ubisoft Online DRM: It's Worse Than Expected

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
CopperBoom said:
Playbahnosh said:
CopperBoom said:
Playbahnosh said:
Hell, I won't even pirate them, I just won't play any of them ever again.
Sounds like the system works!
I am glad not to have to deal with the likes on you in a Splinter Cell multiplayer match.
The system works? Sure, if they want to scare people away and don't want anyone playing their games, then yea, it seems it works perfectly. Soon, there will be no one playing Ubisoft games, and that will be justice.

BTW, what the fuck do you mean by "the likes of me"? Bah, nevermind. And don't worry, I don't care a rat's ass about Splinter Cell or it's multiplayer, so you can do whatever.
Sorry mate, just taking the piss a little bit.

In addition, I would never play Splinter Cell online, save for co-op with people I know in real life.

I do not think the DRM is a good thing, I just think it might be an inevitable one. I also only play console games, so rip into me if you will.
Don't worry about it, I just like being shoved into the wrong pigeonhole on general principle.

I don't really play online myself either, I only play TF2 and CS:S but on only one private server where I know the people I play with. I think being alone on the internet is the new "in" thing nowadays. And I don't hate console players in general, just the obnoxious, self-righteous ones, who think they are any better than us, PC gamers, because they are not. Gamers unite, I say! :)

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Playbahnosh said:
CopperBoom said:
Playbahnosh said:
CopperBoom said:
Playbahnosh said:
I am glad not to have to deal with the likes on you in a Splinter Cell multiplayer match.
The system works? Sure, if they want to scare people away and don't want anyone playing their games, then yea, it seems it works perfectly. Soon, there will be no one playing Ubisoft games, and that will be justice.

BTW, what the fuck do you mean by "the likes of me"? Bah, nevermind. And don't worry, I don't care a rat's ass about Splinter Cell or it's multiplayer, so you can do whatever.

In addition, I would never play Splinter Cell online, save for co-op with people I know in real life.

I do not think the DRM is a good thing, I just think it might be an inevitable one. I also only play console games, so rip into me if you will.
Don't worry about it, I just like being shoved into the wrong pigeonhole on general principle.

I don't really play online myself either, I only play TF2 and CS:S but on only one private server where I know the people I play with. I think being alone on the internet is the new "in" thing nowadays. And I don't hate console players in general, just the obnoxious, self-righteous ones, who think they are any better than us, PC gamers, because they are not. Gamers unite, I say! :)
Gamers unite indeed... AGAINST DRM! Am I right?
(See what I did there, brought it back to topic.)

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
god I'm gonna get flamed for this but

this sounds like steam to me.

r0manz said:
r0manz said:
I laughed, good post.

Luckily we still have good old Bioware to keep PC gaming alive.
...and Valve, Actizzard (or Blizzision), many indie developers, etc. You just can't kill PC gaming, not a chance. Ubisoft's dick-move to sabotage piracy is just plain stupid, they are sabotaging themselves. Even is nobody buys Ubisoft games for the PC, the other publishers will fill in for them, no biggie there.
I didn't mean to come off saying that Bioware is the only good PC develop left. Just that they are the best left.
I respect that but I say valve

PS: got a little fail quote on your lip there yea right below yea

fail quote messed up my quote -.-

Demonraiser

Jul 8, 2009
Y'know If they didn't have retarded DRM, pirates wouldn't be a problem. A serial key for online play and anti-cheat. It works and it well..works. They stated it can be patched out for singleplayer only.....I think that I'm gonna be playing a lot of singleplayer ubisoft games

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Rex Dark said:
So how am I supposed to play it when I'm on the train?
Pray that the tunnel keeps wifi for the next 10 minutes.

Demonraiser said:
Y'know If they didn't have retarded DRM, pirates wouldn't be a problem. A serial key for online play and anti-cheat. It works and it well..works. They stated it can be patched out for singleplayer only.....I think that I'm gonna be playing a lot of singleplayer ubisoft games
Unless it's a game that's quite old, I dunno how that's gonna work. If your broadband lags, you may have to restart a level. ;)

Tarrou

Oct 18, 2009
Hypothetically speaking, if Ubi's servers start going down chronically, wouldn't they be forced to patch the game?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Tarrou said:
Hypothetically speaking, if Ubi's servers start going down chronically, wouldn't they be forced to patch the game?
If you've ever experienced what Ubi consider to be "patching a game", you'll realise that this may actually do more harm than good.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
CopperBoom said:
Playbahnosh said:
CopperBoom said:
Playbahnosh said:
CopperBoom said:
Playbahnosh said:

Gamers unite indeed... AGAINST DRM! Am I right?
(See what I did there, brought it back to topic.)
Oh, smoooooth! :)
Yeah, we need a Coalition Against DRM or something, that will show 'em!
RelexCryo said:
Starke said:
I think I speak for everyone on the PC when I say: What the fuck. :(
I am not playing it. I don't just mean I am not buying it, I am not playing it.
Word.

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Not buying it

Going to EA to get my "climb and jump" fix then...

PS: I don't even mind DRM in the whole "Log in once to confirm" scenario, but this is just annoying and a really really stupid move on Ubisoft's part, want to stop pirates? Do the Nintendo way and sue each pirate distributer for the total amount of money you'd gain from each copy that was downloaded (also reward gamers that "snitch" on pirate distribution sites and people)

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Starke said:
My thought too. This is really unfair in any way. They could just skip the PC version and the hate would be over in a few months. This will make PC gamers hate them as long as there is a PC gamer who wants to play it.

zorlan

Jan 27, 2009
If people respond to this like they did with Spore, they'll get the message. I think I'll pirate the game even if I buy it, to avoid having to deal with the protection crap.

neoswed

Apr 15, 2009
Where I live the internet is terrible, it will disconnect whenever it feels like it. As if its bad enough I cant play any games online now they are kicking me out of the only thing I can do. I would buy more games for my console if it didn't cost like twice the amount of the PC version. I hope they don't follow up on this or else I am screwed.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Gindil said:
Rex Dark said:
I'm not sure what trains are like where you're from, but where I'm from they don't have a network... at all, so no internet either.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Gindil said:
Rex Dark said:
I'm not sure what trains are like where you're from, but where I'm from they don't have a network... at all, so no internet either.
We have trains. IN SPACE!

It's either that or get an HEV suit and work on a flux capacitor that can teleport you everywhere you need to be. See? Problem solved. ;)

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Yopaz said:
Starke said:
My thought too. This is really unfair in any way. They could just skip the PC version and the hate would be over in a few months. This will make PC gamers hate them as long as there is a PC gamer who wants to play it.
I can't help thinking this is revenge for not buying that Prince of Persia title that shipped without a DRM.

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
this wont make more people buy it.look at sins of a solar empire NO protection and that game was a smash hit.if your games any good people will buy it you shouldnt fuck them over like this

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
And it's a top seller on Steam despite this, so... yeah. I guess the people are speaking with their wallets.

Jan 23, 2009
this is a great way to make people go looking for cracks to "turn-off" this great new feature, and then when they find a crack, they will simply stop buying future games, once they know where to go.

*CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*

I seriously thought that this futile effort of punishing the paying consumers in ways which wont effect piracy or even a pirated version of the game, was something we could put to the annals of history as a "failed policy".

Why would they make it so that the pirate version of assassins creed II will be worse then the pirated internet-free version? why? why would you do that ubisoft? Are you shareholds looking for false hope, and "attempts" at anti-piracy?

Maybe we shouldn't blame ubisoft, but blame instead, their shareholders and investors who know little to nothing about the market theyre putting money into...

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
This is complete crap. UBI Soft has gone off the deep end, folks. When will game companies understand that the MORE they invest on game-ruining anti-piracy bullcrap the MORE people are going to pirate the game.
I bet some group of bored IT guys is gonna take this game and pirate it with no online necessary just to flip UBI Soft off.