Australia

If true, that's kinda bonkers.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands

If true, that's kinda bonkers.
Lets hope they proceed to lose their entire military. That would make all of Russia's neighbors a lot safer.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Lets hope they proceed to lose their entire military. That would make all of Russia's neighbors a lot safer.
Personally, I worry for the fate of Nagorno Karabakh. Azerbaijan is committing a silent genocide there, allowing Armenians to leave but not return, while shutting off their water and supply deliveries from mainland Armenia. While the Russian army, meant to ensure safe communication and transport for the Armenians, is busy.

---

Today I found out that Embracer Group is the largest Swedish company based on revenue still doing business in Russia. I also found out that the CEO runs a real estate company with customers that includes defence industry companies like SAAB, PartnerTech and Prevas, leading him to be considered a security risk.

I thought this piece of news was a bit more relevant than otherwise since this is after all a video gaming website.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Interesting little tidbit of information I came across.

Apparently, Huawei suspended sales of telecoms network equipment to Russia due to the war (and this occurred months and months ago). This may be a surprise given China's all but explicit support for Moscow. But Huawei is possibly very concerned about its operations in the developed world, where it's already under significant presure and unhappiness about being a security risk, so I wonder whether this wasn't a move by Huawei to protect its reputation in major markets.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's been pointed out that the US is supporting Ukraine, at least somewhat, so his aiding Russian looks rather like treason. Should at the very least make various people decide not to do business with him.

Should.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
It's been pointed out that the US is supporting Ukraine, at least somewhat, so his aiding Russian looks rather like treason. Should at the very least make various people decide not to do business with him.

Should.
You are talking about the same groups who would still elect Trump if he ran for President from his jail cell.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Personally, I worry for the fate of Nagorno Karabakh. Azerbaijan is committing a silent genocide there, allowing Armenians to leave but not return, while shutting off their water and supply deliveries from mainland Armenia. While the Russian army, meant to ensure safe communication and transport for the Armenians, is busy.
Good news just in on that score then. Azerbaijan has apparently agreed to open some access points.

The fascists are saying all the quiet parts out loud.
It's kind of genuinely hilarious any Russian thinks invasion of Eastern Europe is credible at this point, especially one in the military.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
It's kind of genuinely hilarious any Russian thinks invasion of Eastern Europe is credible at this point, especially one in the military.
Do they still do these fake Downfall subtitles?