Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Something to consider in this: Russia making good on its promise to fight nazis.
It's also good at shooting down unarmed passenger aircraft.

No, but I’d say Prigozhin fell out of the highest window it’s possible to fall out of.
Well, without going to space, anyway.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No, but I’d say Prigozhin fell out of the highest window it’s possible to fall out of.
Well, what actually happened is that he fell out of the plane window... accidentally of course... and fell into the engine. Explosion explained

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

The passenger list shows a number of other high-ranking Wagner personnel among the presumed-dead. Most notably Dmitry Utkin, the neo-Nazi co-founder.
Fortunately, we have exclusive footage of the last few minutes of Pringles life.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Huge article on the nordstream pipeline sabotage, by the Spiegel, for those interested :

Apparently it was an ukrainian act.

(Also, a bittersweet piece about ISS cooperation during this war : https://www.theguardian.com/science...-international-space-station-at-a-time-of-war )

Last edited:

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Also, russia confirms prigozhin's identity after dna analysis, which increases the probability of his death (if it was a fake-out meant to fool russia, russia would probably not play along, and i'm not sure why russia itself would have organized such a fake-out).

Reactions: Dalisclock

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Also, russia confirms prigozhin's identity after dna analysis, which increases the probability of his death (if it was a fake-out meant to fool russia, russia would probably not play along, and i'm not sure why russia itself would have organized such a fake-out).
I can imagine them doing that to save face, I don't think Putin wants people to see you can armed revolt and get away unscathed. But it would require a scenario where the are incapable of actually killing the man AND have his cooperation to never show his face in public again, which is certainly an unlikely scenario.

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I can imagine them doing that to save face, I don't think Putin wants people to see you can armed revolt and get away unscathed. But it would require a scenario where the are incapable of actually killing the man AND have his cooperation to never show his face in public again, which is certainly an unlikely scenario.
The only russian scenario I imagined would have been a kidnapping for vengeful putinist torture, behind an appearance of clean death. But not only that would be far-fetched and unlikely, the difference with the official discourse wouldn't matter much to me.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
One of the problems about Russia is that it can be so hard to determine what's true or not, because the state deliberately interweaves truth and lies so much. Thus I leave open the possibility Prigozhin was murdered by a lesser official with a grudge without Putin's direct permission, but either way the reaction of the Russian state would be pretty much identical.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
One of the problems about Russia is that it can be so hard to determine what's true or not, because the state deliberately interweaves truth and lies so much. Thus I leave open the possibility Prigozhin was murdered by a lesser official with a grudge without Putin's direct permission, but either way the reaction of the Russian state would be pretty much identical.
Maybe the plane just did that.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

I missed the fact much of the Senior Wagner Leadership was on that plane and like Perun, I have to wonder if the guy who allowed that to happen was a complete moron or secretly working for Putin.

Reactions: thestor and CM156

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

Russia has released its first propaganda film for domestic cinemas focusing on the invasion of Ukraine, titled The Witness. It shows the invasion as justified by Ukrainian 'provocation' and depicts Ukrainian soldiers pledging loyalty to Hitler.

It's a box office disaster-- budget of 1.5m, and has so far made back... 110k. Screenings are empty.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Russia has released its first propaganda film for domestic cinemas focusing on the invasion of Ukraine, titled The Witness. It shows the invasion as justified by Ukrainian 'provocation' and depicts Ukrainian soldiers pledging loyalty to Hitler.

It's a box office disaster-- budget of 1.5m, and has so far made back... 110k. Screenings are empty.
Good thing they had a lot of military equipment just lying around unused to use for the film.

Also " Russia’s culture ministry on Thursday said that it won’t issue special permission to pirate copyrights to the movie "

So...that's a thing they sometimes do? Copyright privateers are a thing?