Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Info Blowout

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Flailing Escapist said:
It really seemed in MvC2 that they tried to put in as many characters from both sides as possible but unless making the 38 characters released in the original MvC3 were much harder to make than the 56 in MvC2
The characters in MvC3 were made from scratch, even if they were in many cases based off of their 2D sprite counterparts. Outside of a few new characters, the cast of MvC2 was pretty much just sprites pulled from a handful of other Capcom fighting games. There really wasn't much work involved outside of crafting the engine, which itself was an upgraded hand me down from earlier games in the series.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Almost half of the cahracters announced from Marvel's side are characers I never heard of. And for Capcom's side, I'm surprised that Phoenix Wright is gonna be in this game.

Still not gonna buy it though. I'll probably rent it when I have free time. I played this game at a local Best Buy and I couldn't understand the controls, even on Simple. It was fun playing with other people cooperately. Online wise...nooooooooo.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
blackdwarf said:
and this can't be DLC because...?

i'm not buying this in the store. if i want it, i will buy it second-handed, capcom doens't deserve money for doing this.
I might do the same, if I can forgive them for cancelling MM Legends 3.

A Mega Man's not in this, again?! I know Inafune left but that doesn't mean Mega Man left too... does it?

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Fuck You Capcom. Fuck You. I hope the backlash from fans of MML3 turns your collective anus inside out. Just Fuck You.

AlohaJo

Nov 3, 2010
I know it's probably over-said by now, but

PHOENIX WRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Rikortez

Jan 17, 2011
So i paid 60$ for a beta version? F*** you Capcom.

Also i think i will just wait for the "Super Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Turbo Remix" next year.

SurrealFactory

Jun 17, 2011
HigherTomorrow said:
squidbuddy99 said:
I'm really against Capcom right now. They treat their fans like sheep, forcing them to buy another version of a game, thereby making the original useless, just for some characters that could easily be sold as DLC. I don't care that there's some admitedly awesome characters, I'm not shelling my money for a game I already have because Capcom is too lazy/greedy for 5$ character downloads. Now if I want to kick ass with Nemesis or Ghost Rider, I have to also buy even more characters I don't care about, because God forbid I can actually buy characters seperately. Not only that, but now my MvC strategy guide I bought just to get better at the game might as well be a 40$ stack of looseleaf. AND since everyone will be buying the new version, I'll be faced with empty servers online, FORCING me to buy the damn game.

In summary, go straight to hell, Capcom and take your 40$ DLC with you. And to my fellow Escapists, don't be fooled by this obvious cash-grab and save your money for a product not spawned by greed.

$40 for 12 characters (as previously stated, all priced at $5 a pop. That's $60 ;]), 8 stages, a complete UI overhaul, online overall, and overall gameplay tweaks.

I assumed you'd much rather pay $60 for the characters, about $16 for the stages, and $15 for the gameplay update? $91-DLC? Sounds much better than a $40 disc. Fuck Capcom and their tricks!!!!!
This is assuming that he would get EVERY character. If they were released as seperate DLC, you could pick and choose which characters you'd want. Plus, several small purchases over a period of time are more managable than one big one, especially if you lack a steady stream of income.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
HigherTomorrow said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
blackdwarf said:

i'm not buying this in the store. if i want it, i will buy it second-handed, capcom doens't deserve money for doing this.
Then why buy it at all?

Don't get me wrong, I STRONGLY support the used market and think it's an important part of the gaming industry. I just don't get why they don't deserve money for it if you seem to want it bad enough to buy it.
Why support the used market if you support the game industry?

The developers and publishers don't see a cent from used game sales.
Because he likes video games? I bet he also likes saving a bit of cash too.

Both new and used have their ups and downs. Now, if even one of them could buck up and request some financial deal to help developers grow this industry, that would be a step in the right direction. But at the end of the day, both used retailers and publishers are businesses; they do, and always will compete.

Now as to Ultimate MvC3, I'm highly disappointed. I wonder how many fans of MvC fans don't play online, and therefore are not capable of simply getting these characters, or the balance updates through (gradual) DLC/patches. What also irks me is that this isn't the only issue that they could have fixed, such as more robust multiplayer modes (unless I'll be pleasantly surprised).

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
Flailing Escapist said:
It really seemed in MvC2 that they tried to put in as many characters from both sides as possible but unless making the 38 characters released in the original MvC3 were much harder to make than the 56 in MvC2
The characters in MvC3 were made from scratch, even if they were in many cases based off of their 2D sprite counterparts. Outside of a few new characters, the cast of MvC2 was pretty much just sprites pulled from a handful of other Capcom fighting games. There really wasn't much work involved outside of crafting the engine, which itself was an upgraded hand me down from earlier games in the series.
So I wasn't the only one that noticed, even though MvsC2 was fun, that most the characters were copy/paste sprites from other games.

Gorgeous and animated backgrounds. characters saying the name of the partner called in. Far better balance than MvsC2. characters made from scratch.

My point with this is......I don't know...*brain fart*

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
HigherTomorrow said:
blackdwarf said:

Each character is worth $5. 12 characters. 12 x 5 = $60. Now the 8 stages. How much do you say a stage is worth, $2 or $3?

Yeah, $40 is a bargain.
Previous characters were priced at $5, yes, but we do not even know if these characters will be allowed for download. When Super StreetFighter 4 came out, you had to buy it, you couldn't download the extra characters or gameplay tweaks. Now the Arcade pack for Super StreetFighter 4 was available for download, so this one is a tossup. It adds some gameplay tweaks like now you can spectate in game (why it didn't have it originally boggles my mind, since the HD remake of MvC2 had it), and some other things. If Capcom doesn't make this available for download, then it's a waste of money. Not because of the content, the content it gives is very good, and if it truly is $40, then it's actually a VERY good deal (considering what MvC3 cost). It will instead be a waste of money because it will tell Capcom "Yes, you can rerelease your game literally a year later with stuff that can easily be DLC and we will pay you for it. Don't even make it DLC, just release it as a game." and we cannot let them think that that's okay.

I'm actually excited for the characters, I can't wait to use Strider again (hopefully he isn't tweaked too much from MvC2), and Hawkeye has peaked my interest too (in fact, I like all the characters they added), but I'm just mad at them for how they're approaching it. They're treating it like it's the 90's and you can't patch a game and release DLC.

DaMan1500

Jul 10, 2009
I was afraid this was going to happen. Now they're going to just keep releasing the same game over and over, just like Street Fighter IV, because they know there are idiots out there who are just going to keep buying this garbage time after time after FUCK YEAH THEY ADDED NEMESIS.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Negatempest said:
StriderShinryu said:
Flailing Escapist said:
So I wasn't the only one that noticed, even though MvsC2 was fun, that most the characters were copy/paste sprites from other games.

Gorgeous and animated backgrounds. characters saying the name of the partner called in. Far better balance than MvsC2. characters made from scratch.

Yeah, I'm not certain if Capcom ever stood up and boldly announced it, but it certainly was the case and was the only reason they were able to cobble together a roster of 50+ characters so quickly. It also helps to explain why the game was so imbalanced seeing as how the characters as they originally existed were never really meant to be in the same game.

To this point, the fact that Morrigan used the exact same sprite from the very first DarkStalkers game all the way through to her first redesign in MvC3 is a bit of a running joke amongst Capcom fighting game fans. Well, I guess she was redesigned once.. when they had to give her a chibi version to fit in the Gem Fighter games. :)

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
...So did Capcom just take a massive dump on people who bought MvsC3 considering it only came out in February? ...That's only a 9 month difference. What the hell Capcom?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
YOU ANNOUNCE PHOENIX WRIGHT YET SHOW NOTHING OF HIM!!

Then again, my mind is too overjoyed at that announcement to care.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
Negatempest said:
StriderShinryu said:
Flailing Escapist said:

Yeah, I'm not certain if Capcom ever stood up and boldly announced it, but it certainly was the case and was the only reason they were able to cobble together a roster of 50+ characters so quickly. It also helps to explain why the game was so imbalanced seeing as how the characters as they originally existed were never really meant to be in the same game.

To this point, the fact that Morrigan used the exact same sprite from the very first DarkStalkers game all the way through to her first redesign in MvC3 is a bit of a running joke amongst Capcom fighting game fans. Well, I guess she was redesigned once.. when they had to give her a chibi version to fit in the Gem Fighter games. :)
To me I don't understand the *****ing about the roster size. I could understand the characters, sure, maybe you don't like what is available. But what MvsC2 gave was one of the worst roster, balance wise, in a video game since Mike Tyson.

Sep 17, 2009
Rikortez said:
So i paid 60$ for a beta version? F*** you Capcom.

Also i think i will just wait for the "Super Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Turbo Remix" next year.
THIS!

Are you kidding me capcom? $40 for a DLC?

I'd pay $20 at the most. This feels like a huge slap in the face. I guess ill just wait for Turbo Remix too...

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Yeah, I noticed they announced four of the characters at the con todWAIT WAITWAITWAITWAIT...WHAT?!

VERGIL?!

Holy hot damn! They did not forget that devil's power!

<color=red>You are not worthy as my opponent...

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
I never played MvC3, but I wanted to. That was the most insane video I've ever seen, so chances are I'm going to buy this version.

And this many people didn't complain about Ultimate Mega Super Street Fighter IV 3D Extreme Edition or whatever they call those.
That is...A very good point. I think this is just because people are upset over Megaman Legends 3. However it could be because people are hypocrites.