Uncommon Hobby

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
I started doing Archery last year though it is not uncommon where I live. In rural Ohio a crazy amount of people bow hunt.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
I make stuff out of duct tape.

And not the standard wallets, either (though I do make them as gifts for people), I've made Stephen Colbert, The Monarch, and Darth Vader.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I do a little parkour every now and then which isn't a very common thing where I live.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I've tried my hand at a bit of amateur voice acting, through a web site called Voice Acting Alliance. Though I started last fall, I have no works to present yet, but I'm getting close. I have gotten accepted into two projects so far, one which I just submitted my lines for the first episode last week, and another which the creator hasn't gotten to me yet since it has a LOT of characters.

Most of the projects available there are fandubs and radio plays. The first project I mentioned was a Fullmetal Alchemist fandub, which I got the part of a female extra. The second project was a fandub for the video game Fire Emblem. I actually got the parts of four characters out of six I auditioned for, so I'm interested to see how it turns out, lol.

I do want to audition more soon, but shit's getting serious in school right now and I don't want to get myself wrapped up into more I can handle.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
Hmm. I practice contortion. Backbending mostly. It would be fair to say that this is a far from common thing around here.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Flatfrog said:
I make ambigrams, mostly of people's usernames on B3ta:

(More here: [link]http://www.b3ta.com/users/profile.php?id=47536[/link])
Hey, I've made some ambigrams too, although they're not quite as animated as yours :p

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
I like to go for walks in graveyards and make notes of particularly interesting epitaphs. My favorite thus far:

"We have received our passports to life from the friendly hand of death."

Jillyjally

Dec 10, 2010
I've only recently started mine, but...

Resin model-building. What's more, anime resin model building. I had my start playing Warhammer when I was younger, and this is my attempt at something on a larger scale.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Flatfrog said:
I make ambigrams
THAT'S THE COOLEST HOBBY EVER!!! O_O

OT: I don't think I have any uncommon hobbies. I'm a very boring person.

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
I'm into this really new thing called gaming. Bad jokes aside, my weird hobby is writing. Very few people do that in my school (not by choice anyway)

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
Sometimes I do parkour but I do not have a uncommon hobby the only hobbies I have is gaming,reading and other regular hobbies...but I am thinking about starting to do some uncommon hobby.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
I make mock drafts for the NFL and NBA. I've got about a dozen for this years NFL draft alone. The only people who ever see/hear about them are my friends/family, but it gives me something to do.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Altorin said:
Flatfrog said:
I make ambigrams
Hey, I've made some ambigrams too, although they're not quite as animated as yours :p

And this is why I prefer working with vector-drawing rather than bitmaps :) You get a lot more freedom to tweak the curves, and none of the chunky pixellation.

Nice stuff - I think the last one (quoted) is the best for readability. I've never been much good with gothic script.

My capcha has a fucking umlaut in it.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
jck4332 said:
I stopped doing it now, but I used to count how many letters were in the words I had just said.
I think that crosses the border somewhat between hobby and OCD...