Unskippable: Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, seeing as the title for one of the other games in this series is Ar tonelico: The Girl Who Continues to Sing at the End of the World, and that in the introduction they said there was no sea or sky...I'm going with that this whole series might just be a gigantic delusion brought on by asphyxiation, there being no sky and all. So giant beds, people with punctuation for names, and probably-hirsute women yelling exuberantly about churches--these are possibly acceptable norms for such things.

Graham_LRR said:
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Just let the scene wash over you. It's the only way G&P survived this one.

Watch Video
Also, knell is a word.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
LOL I said "whoah!" out loud the same time those guys did. Totally wasn't expecting that.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I always laugh when Graham says llllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaadies!
which I love but DAMN! that "girl"

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I looked up a trailer of the combat mechanics and it's safe to assume this game doesn't convince me to get a PS3... Not by a long shot...

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
I knew the moment that I saw the title that this was going to be a good one.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Fantastic job, guys. That narrator has to be on whatever the opposite of nitrous is. There is no possible way I could get through a sentence of that nonsense without cracking up but he does his very best to make it sound non-retarded. His task is clearly Sisyphean and it is one ridiculous ride.

Also, I vote against a Let's Play of this one. Dante's Inferno is great because it's all action, spectacle and retardation. Conversations in-game kill an LP.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
Huh, that wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I haven't played Qoga, but if it's anything like the previous games in the series, it will quickly transition from goofy to creepy, and land on my list of games to not let normal people catch me playing.

Surprisingly decent sound track, though.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Gah, I don't even know how to pronounce the title of this game. And the plot seems even less comprehendable.

Still I haven't seen anything like that buff chick at the end there since Project A-Ko.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
I would actuality hold my judgement on the second "girl". I mean it's wearing a metal chest plate, there could be anything under that.

Smogger

Nov 8, 2010
An odd coincidence that they do this game since I just beat it last week. Strange...

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I nearly choked on my lunch after the Paper Scissors line, and that was before G&P said exactly what I was thinking.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Some day, archaeologists are going to find this game and wonder, "what the hell is this and what insane bastard would interpret this as entertaining?"

aeric90

Mar 31, 2010
Aru Toneriko Surī (as in Three): Sekai Shūen no Hikigane wa Shōjo no Uta ga Hiku which apparently translates to "The Girl's Song that Pulls the Trigger of World's Demise" which SORTA (the loosest sense of the non-word possible) makes sense if the world is called Ar Ciel then a demise song could be a Knell.

Reading more into it it seems that all the "made up" words are from a language constructed for the game world. The word Qoga in this language means end, Ar means unique or only, Ciel means world, Tonelico means divine tree or tower.

Take a look. It's really weird: http://conlang.wikia.com/wiki/Hymmnos