Unskippable: Folklore

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I love Folklore! It's great, one of the first PS3 games I got. I really need to finish it... I'll get to it one day.

thedashing88

Mar 8, 2010
I agree with everyone who's said that this Unskippable, while very funny, also makes me want to play the game. There are videos like "Alone in the Dark" (you have to BLINK? Really?) or "X-Blades" which leave me inclined to stay far away from the games being mocked. But Folklore seems like it has kind of a cool premise and some interesting characters.

If I could be forgiven for a sort-of off-topic note, the Unskippable page on Wikiquote has just gone up. Feel free to throw in any of your favorite moments.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Unskippable

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
A pretty good episode. A little offtopic here but halfway through I was like holy crap I know this game ! Played the japanese demo a loooooong time ago and it's a pretty fun game.

LaochEire

Mar 9, 2010
Sneaklemming said:
LaochEire said:
Sneaklemming said:
That girl from the cutscene has a genuine Irish accident... that unusual.
I don't think so.
She does man. Thats like a soft southern Dublin accent.
Hmm...Voice actor is from Antrim.

Still think the accent is off though. She obviously couldn't use her Northern accent so that explains it a bit, but still you were right.

I stand corrected.

Jan 23, 2009
LaochEire said:
Sneaklemming said:
LaochEire said:
Sneaklemming said:
That girl from the cutscene has a genuine Irish accident... that unusual.
I don't think so.
She does man. Thats like a soft southern Dublin accent.
Hmm...Voice actor is from Antrim.

Still think the accent is off though. She obviously couldn't use her Northern accent so that explains it a bit, but still you were right.

I stand corrected.
It's not an antrim accent, but it does sound like a kinda irish-etiquette accent, like a radio news reader or something.

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
Ghostwise said:
Crowsplosion!
Yeah, I had to try so hard not to audibly laugh when I saw that cos I'm on a course looking for a job and I didn't want to look strange... I'll watch it back later when I get home and laugh to my heart's content like I really need to lol.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
So nobody's gonna mention the penis shaped archway?

also:
Could this be the end of the interrobang‽

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I was suprised that they even did this game, 'cause I kinda like it. It's quite imaginative and surprisingly good from what I can tell.

But now that I think about it, how did Ellen (the girl) get there without getting wet? I never thought about it before...

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I gotta admit, the last 2 minutes were just golden! I still can't stop laughing at the "I claim this lady in the name of Russel" joke.

cj_iwakura

Mar 2, 2009
It's worth noting that Folklore's development team involved Cozy Okada, the godfather of Shin Megami Tensei, which would explain the demon summoning aspects.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
"A murder in the city of the Dead?" (Puts on Sunglasses) "You've got to be kidding me."
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Draconalis said:
pigmy wurm said:
I could understand if one of them seemed to be from the past and another from the present since something fishy is clearly going on and time travel/limbo of some sort doesn't seem out of the question, but they don't seem to be consistent with themselves.
No Time travel involved at all.
Actually, if I remember correctly, the truth is... more complex than that. Heck, I don't really understand it myself. I'm not gonna say aything else, considering all the spoilers.
Let's just say... you won't see it coming.