Unskippable: Folklore

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
It got pretty good reviews, then dropped straight into obscurity. This might have something to do with being released in the same month as The Orange Box, and by extension the Meme Fountain known as Portal.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
They've heard of the interrobang, but it's news to them that all Japanese games are weird? What the crap, guys!?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I think they could have started the game with...subtly different lines...
"I got a letter. The name on the envelope said "*Her mother's name here*". My *mother*'s name. It's ridiculous, couldn't possibly be true. That's what I keep telling myself. A dead person can't write a letter. *Mom* died ** *time period here*. So then, why am I looking for her? could *mom* really be there? Is she really alive... waiting for me?"
:mad:
source:
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-HhS4djBL4[/link]

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Reeaaaalllyyyy baaaadddd voooiiiiccceeee accctttting.

You guys are hilarious. But those voice actors were terrible.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa the return of Russel!

Also this game actually looks interesting, I may have to check it out. What...? it's on PS3? Fuck!

mazery

Nov 20, 2008
If there was only a video of Gram hitting him self in the balls with a numb chucks.......
o wait i found it

(not the best website but worth it to see gram)
http://www.uniquepeek.com/viewpage.php?page_id=2834

love your guys stuff.
keep the good work and put ice on it!!!!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
The Beatles reference killed me. That, and Crosplosion. I demand that word to be in the dictionary.

Nice as always guys. :D

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
Oh Japan. When will you learn you can't just say a village in Ireland is some portal to the underworld without something to back it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolin

TheJwalkR

May 20, 2009
Yes! That was hilarious. Crow-splosion is the best made up word I have heard . ever.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Hilarious vid!
I also find myself strangely intrigued by this game. I might check it out if I can find a copy somewhere...

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
OMG Folklore!!! 1st game I ever got on my ps3 years? ago. Really good game actually it tried do something different even tho its like pokemon, also funny ep like always!!!!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I thought Unskippable would never return to the realm of weird games I'd never heard about before!

I'm glad Susan spoke up, because I was pretty sure this was one of those games in which an amazing setting and opening cutscene lead to a disppointed horror wannabe in which you amble around finding themed keys and waving flashlingts and nondescript evil entities.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Three things:

1. "I'm tired now" totally made me snarf.

2. CROWSPLOSION!

3. Folklore is actually a fantastic game, not that you'd know from this cutscene.
Yo, Susan. I'm really happy for ya and I'ma let you finish but "Woah, I'm so surprised, I'm just gonna stare at my fingers" was the best part of the video.

Is that joke dead now? Because that's the first time I've ever used it. :<

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
"Should I tell The Who to go home now?" Ha ha I loved it!

Another great episode keep it up.

The Great Zegrool

Jul 29, 2009
Hilarious. "I'm tired now" was pure gold.

Also, Folklore=awesome.

Basically, you do combat with "folk", the inhabitants of the world of the dead. Every time you beat a folk, you gain the use of it's abilities. For example, the folk you start with is one that does a melee attack in front of you.

Also, it's real-time. It's really, really fun.