Unskippable: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Part 1

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
2xDouble said:
"Peak Japan"? Dude, there aren't even any tentacle monsters, unnecessarily long transformation/summoning/attacking sequences, or effeminate player-insert characters to whom all females are inexplicably attracted. It must be saving those for later.

Incidentally, I'm fine with skipping part 2, but surely there's another terrible cutscene after the prologue, but before you actually get to play. On to Part 3!
Those were probably in the previous games.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Between this (both the video games and anime) and "Aoi sekai no chuushin de" i'm starting to wonder if Japan isn't deliberately trying to flare up under the console wars...

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
It has to be done and you know it. How about you do what you did with Metro: Last Night and make an in between?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I want to see part two more than another Atelier game.

I'll let you decide whether that means yes or no.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Oh dear God, YES! Continue this hilarity and madness! You guys did the same to other JRPG's almost as goofy as this one, so you gotta finish it!
As for the sweatpants issue, it depends on the season and weather. Since it's still summer, I still play in my shorts, pajamas, or underwear. And the girls in this video? How old are they supposed to be? It's stuff like that that's making me reconsider being an anime fan.

Xenominim

Jan 11, 2011
Well obviously you need to play for 60 hours until you get to the ending and narrate that part instead. Make sure to get 100% completion too for the extended secret ending.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I'll take more mocking of it. Roll on part deux. I have not got the game myself to do it myself. The dialogue was also one of the few things the series had in its favour initially (the first's gameplay was really not good).
Samantha Burt said:
Strazdas said:
Also the PC is right.
Xman490 said:
Now that you mention it, the PC character should have been blue
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Also is the purple PC or iPhone games?
Purple Heart is a Sega Neptune, it was a planned 32X cum Genesis to be released in 1995. This game is from Sega, which is why such an obscure console is the main character. xD
Well, intitially published by Sega anyway, its developer is Compile Heart, (hence the character of Compa. No, really).
devilgib said:
I just finished the game yesterday and it was hilarious! (if you get all the references) It even makes retcon jokes about itself. True the 1/2 arsed animations are kinda bs but you get that in all NIS games and a lot of other jrpg's. The game is also missing audio from almost 1/2 the conversations but I can forgive the missing audio & lazy animation because it was so damn funny.
Well, it's not an NIS game, (their American branch were just its localisers and publishers), but yeah, common thing for companies with smaller budgets. Plus, they used the actual character models in the second game, (this is the third), but everyone kinda agreed this was worse than the more expressive portrait gallery, as the models were basically just stand-ins for portraits in this instance.
Also, it's not wholly voiced because there is a lot of dialogue and voice acting doesn't come cheap. I think the original Japanese voice track has more voice acting than the English one, but when you have to pay for both, something has to take the hit when you're not a large localisation outfit and it's not the most popular series in the world.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I'd only want to see a part 2 if it explains whether that whole 4 CPU nations backstory was real or something the girls just made up as an excuse for them to fight. Or perhaps this game is an elaborate advertisement for a new console painting the Wii, XBox and Playstation as the bad guys girls, since Neptune is the heroine.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
I want to see part 2 as much as I want to know why this game happened. Which is quite a lot.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Pretty sure Neptune represented Sega, which had a console named Saturn and a 32X prototype actually named Neptune. And Sega actually "died" in the stand-off with the other consoles.

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
I can't believe people were bashing this game for it's art design, while there are perfectly good reasons to hate on it already in the intro.

Also: FINISH IT!

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Roofstone said:
Am I the only one that can't help but suspect this game is a metaphor for something? Hmm?

Or is it only me?

Also, yes Graham, Paul, I want to see more. Not necessarily because I like it, but I want to know where this is going.. What is the plot of this? I need to know!
A lot of stuff.

I think the main plot is the consoles fighting the PC girl because PC doesn't believe the world needs goddesses/consoles. There's also fighting the anti-girl gamer crowd, fighting video game rip-offs, fighting publishers, fighting piracy (Arfoire), I'm sure I'm missing something.