Unskippable: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Part 2

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Fencedude said:
canadamus_prime said:
So if Green = Xbox, White = Wii, Purple = Sega Neptune, and Black = PS3; what does Yellow equal?
Purple Heart: Sega Consoles
Purple Sister: Sega Portables
Iris Heart: Sega Consoles(Alternate Dimension)

White Heart: Nintendo Consoles
White Sisters: Nintendo Portables

Black Heart: Sony Consoles
Black Sister: Sony Portables

Green Heart: Microsoft Consoles

Yellow Heart: PC Engine/Turbografix 16
So Evil Sega and brain dead PC? 0_o

Fencedude

Sep 2, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
Well Alternate Dimension usually means Evil and she certainly wasn't very friendly.
She's completely friendly! She just wants to...play.

Also its almost as if I've played the game and know what I am talking about. Funny that.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Fencedude said:
canadamus_prime said:
Well Alternate Dimension usually means Evil and she certainly wasn't very friendly.
She's completely friendly! She just wants to...play.

Also its almost as if I've played the game and know what I am talking about. Funny that.
Play, right. If that's what you want to call it.

Also I don't question your knowledge of the game. You would certainly know more than me.

Maksim Tsirulnik

Sep 2, 2013
Fencedude said:
Not saying this applies to everyone but for some people, it doesn't matter who tells them what. As long as something looks stupid in their eyes, that's all that matters.

I mean, at least research something before hating on it. At least then you'd have some basis behind your opinion besides "it looks stupid". There are so many games that fit under that initial category that a lot of note-worthy games would just be passed by if that was all it took to judge a game for what it's worth.

Hitokiri

Sep 2, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
I tend to cheese my way through Compile Heart games through dlc. I have yet to play a game from them that had more than passable combat. Agarest War has an interesting multi descendant story but the combat was mostly memorization of combos though spiced up a bit with the ability to combo between characters depending on where they stand in battle. More recently, I played Mugen Souls which was... weird, far weirder than this game due to the subject matter combined with the art style but again, combat was dull with only the main character having an alternate way of dealing with enemies(I will admit the grindy catch'em all clicked with me extremely well for some reason, but it's not enough to save the combat entirely).

EDIT: Right, forgot to state my point.... Basically, I play Compile Heart Games for weird and mostly lighthearted stories more than gameplay.
The combat for Neptunia V is actually pretty decent. Unfortunately, the game is balance in a way that encourages you to buy the DLC equipment.

canadamus_prime said:
Uh, no, that's not "usually" what it means and it certainly isn't what it means here.

Also, while I"m thinking about it, Graham and Paul were confused about Blanc and so I imagine pretty much anyone else who watched the video and haven't played the games are as well. She's normally pretty soft-spoken but she does have anger issues. She goes straight from "normal" to "ballistic". And she's almost always angry when she transforms to White Heart. And White Heart will, at best, be "mildly annoyed and itching to fight", she doesn't have the laid back, softer side that Blanc does.

Speaking of the transformations, some of the characters go through major personality changes when they transform, particularly Neptune/Purple Heart and Plutia/Iris Heart. Vert/Green Heart and all of the sisters basically stay the same.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Hitokiri said:
canadamus_prime said:
Uh, no, that's not "usually" what it means and it certainly isn't what it means here.

Also, while I"m thinking about it, Graham and Paul were confused about Blanc and so I imagine pretty much anyone else who watched the video and haven't played the games are as well. She's normally pretty soft-spoken but she does have anger issues. She goes straight from "normal" to "ballistic". And she's almost always angry when she transforms to White Heart. And White Heart will, at best, be "mildly annoyed and itching to fight", she doesn't have the laid back, softer side that Blanc does.

Speaking of the transformations, some of the characters go through major personality changes when they transform, particularly Neptune/Purple Heart and Plutia/Iris Heart. Vert/Green Heart and all of the sisters basically stay the same.
Oh ok, my mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Paul: "And now everything makes perfect sense."

The first time in history that those words have ever been used in relation to a J-RPG.

dariuseng

Mar 20, 2009
I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking*. You should make a Let's Play of this**

*May not be what everyone is thinking
**Because we like watching you suffer***
***Maybe that's just me

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Graham: Of course all the CPUs also have younger sisters. Because anime.
Paul: Well, they want to make sure they hit all the creepy demographics.
Graham: Yeah. None of them have glasses yet so one of them will have the glasses moe.
Well, funny you say that because they're making a PS Vita remake of the first game in the series and the CPUs will get glasses for the sake of disguises.

No, I am not kidding; they went that far.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
ThunderCavalier said:
We need a Part 3.

OK, so I have to admit... I am a sucker for this kind of aesthetic and these kinds of games, but usually because the gameplay is pretty awesome and the story... doesn't suck AS much as other Western games of similar quality (although this one is making it hard for me to defend it). Seriously, though, could they at least have tried to put... some effort into the voice acting, though?

Also... is this game Multiplatform? I would imagine I would like the ability to pick whatever console I wanted to save Gameindustri.
Voice acting on this kind of import can be hilariously bad... Try out Trouble Witches Neo for some pretty hilarious badness (or just switch the audio to Japanese and listen to actual actors emoting and being invested in what their saying)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
What the crocodileo is going on? All I see is badly drawn boobs.

Razzi Zadhna

Sep 3, 2013
Fencedude said:
Iron_will said:
In any case, these two videos certainly made me sure of one thing: I'm probably never going to try out the dub. They just don't have the same feeling that the original voices possess.
I know right. So disappointing. English Histy can't be Pissty for Shitsy.

...goddammit.

Also Plutia is just not the same when she isn't HanaKana. She lacks the slooooooow drawl that makes her so...Plutia.
>Neptunia dub
>Bad

Fence, I know you're the world's biggest weeaboo, but you have some crazy hearing problems

>Melissa Fahn
>Erin Fitzgerald
>Tara Platt
>Stephanie Steh
>Wendee Lee
>Kate Higgins
>Christina Vee
>Christine Marie Cabanos
>Cherami Leigh

>bad

You'd have to be the biggest weeaboo in the world to consider a cast like that anything less than "really good".

English Neptunia is better than the Japanese cast, yeah I'll admit because I'm not ashamed to do so.

Fencedude

Sep 2, 2013
Chagen did you seriously register on this forum just to rant at me about something we've already discussed, I don't care about, and you could have talked to me on twitter about? Really?!

Please get a life.

Razzi Zadhna

Sep 3, 2013
Fencedude said:
Chagen did you seriously register on this forum just to rant at me about something we've already discussed, I don't care about, and you could have talked to me on twitter about? Really?!

Please get a life.
I figured I could get to you quicker this way.