Unskippable: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Part 2

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Ah, how I love this series. It's goofy, cheesy and kinda stupid, but it knows it and I love it. I like the active character portraits, and the aesthetic and characters are cute and endearing. I originally got the first game because it was different and new and silly, even if it wasn't a particularly good game. The boobs were just a bonus. XD

Fencedude

Sep 2, 2013
leviadragon99 said:
So... the PC gets no representation? That's rather a gyp...
Remember PC gaming is much less of a thing in Japan. That being said, this game has the PiiShii Continent and the Hello Continent, representing PCs and Smartphones, though not much happens on them and they don't have goddesses.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
Hey don't blame us, you are fully aware that your audience is odd and slightly sadistic, you knew exactly what you were going to get when you asked if we wanted to see part 2.

And despite the fact that I have no idea what is going on I have this strange desire to see this continue...then again I still want you to do a LP of an Atelier game. (Although that may fry your brains and I don't want that to happen, I enjoy your work too much!)

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
You know, I would really love to see you guys do a Let's Play of this, just so I can see more.

And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Hitokiri

Sep 2, 2013
I'd like to see additional commentary at least on select scenes. Doing all of them.... well, that's a lot to do. You're easily looking at a good 5 hours of event scenes like these, possibly a lot more. Commentary on a bit of the dungeon-crawling and battles could be amusing. I don't know how LPs tend to approach dungeon-crawling and fighting mobs, but there's definitely rather limited commentary potential there.

Granted, the game does have some amusing attacks. Like these. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60UvsiuO-yY]

(And here's what you could do akin to that in Mk2. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpvv3KDqp4])

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Razzi Zadhna said:
Fencedude said:
Iron_will said:
In any case, these two videos certainly made me sure of one thing: I'm probably never going to try out the dub. They just don't have the same feeling that the original voices possess.
I know right. So disappointing. English Histy can't be Pissty for Shitsy.

...goddammit.

Also Plutia is just not the same when she isn't HanaKana. She lacks the slooooooow drawl that makes her so...Plutia.
>Neptunia dub
>Bad

Fence, I know you're the world's biggest weeaboo, but you have some crazy hearing problems

>Melissa Fahn
>Erin Fitzgerald
>Tara Platt
>Stephanie Steh
>Wendee Lee
>Kate Higgins
>Christina Vee
>Christine Marie Cabanos
>Cherami Leigh

>bad

You'd have to be the biggest weeaboo in the world to consider a cast like that anything less than "really good".

English Neptunia is better than the Japanese cast, yeah I'll admit because I'm not ashamed to do so.
I am not a "weeaboo" and I also think the English casting is crap.

Maksim Tsirulnik

Sep 2, 2013
Porecomesis said:
To be fair, you think everything about the series is crap...

I'm "shadowmaksim" from the NISA forums by the way.

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Maksim Tsirulnik said:
Porecomesis said:
To be fair, you think everything about the series is crap...

I'm "shadowmaksim" from the NISA forums by the way.
Ah, good to see you.

And I do. Except for the premise (which was botched by poor execution), some characters and some moments. Of course, all of my problems come from the facts that most of the faults in the series come from that they could have been executed better. Even if you're completely on board with the "cute girls doing cute things" schtick like I am, it still isn't executed well.

Also, I love Skies of Arcadia: Legends, Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia was okay, Fortune Summoners was great and Plastic Nee-San is ridiculously fun to watch.

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
Well Paul and Graham, I hope you learned a very valuable lesson: never let your fans vote on what you do :p

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
I saw the videos this morning went out and bough the first game, just cause...I have to play it I dont' know why but I must

Maksim Tsirulnik

Sep 2, 2013
Risingblade said:
I saw the videos this morning went out and bough the first game, just cause...I have to play it I dont' know why but I must
Even within the fanbase, the split between those who like it and those who hate it is apparent.

Good luck...hopefully your experience will be the former and not the later.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
I apologize for the lateness of post wth this vid, but I just thought of something. Since we know Neptune isn't the PC in this, does that mean the PC appears as an NPC in this?

"Why can't it be a PC?"

What?

"Why can't the PC be a PC?"

Well, the PCs are consoles here, so...

"Yeah, but the PC can't be a PC too? Doesn't sound very PC..."

Wait...you're saying the PC has to be a PC in order to be PC? Doesn't sound very PC to make the PC a PC, in my opinion.

"So consoles can be PCs, but not the PC? That's what kind of makes that sound very un-PC. I mean...the PC can also play games like any consoles."

Yeah...but it makes more sense for the PC not to be a PC because it can be the main antagonist. Or better yet, if it isn't the enemy or a PC, it can be an NPC that helps them.

"But if it can help them as an NPC, why can't the PC be a PC?"

Look...the PC being a PC, wouldn't be very PC because making it a PC based on its initials sounds pigeonholing and redundant. THAT'S why the PC works better as an NPC. The irony factor works well.

"Oooooooooooooooh..."

(Sorry about that. Had that stuck in my head for a bit and had to get it out. Bonus points if you understood all that without going insane.)

James5mith

Oct 11, 2010
I think I would definitely watch a Let's Play of this. Out of curiosity, how long do you sit through that before you actually get to play the game?

"Because Anime" = Best logical thought process ever.