Unskippable: Resonance of Fate

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
Great, now you've not only made me listen to an ICP song, but I also have "A Whole New World" stuck in my head! Well played, sirs, but I'll get you next time, Graham and Paul... next time!

GrinningManiac said:
Never mind him breaking his arm! People die from high falls because they can't breath! They're dead before they hit the floor! They go so fast they can't breath, they don't splat (whilst they're alive)
What? Are you being serious, or silly? Because I've never heard of any sky-divers having this problem.

Also, I'm going to imagine that the rope he used was extremely elastic (like said bungee) and took most of the impact from their changes in velocity and momentum, until it broke. Then again, what am I doing trying to explain or understand a JRPG opening cut-scene?

Agorwal

Feb 23, 2010
another awesome episode of unskippable, think they missed a good oppurtunity to use the "and that was the X time i died" line though

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Awesome, **awesome** Unskippable!!! I loved the "Myth Busters" reference, the "Assassin's Creed" reveal-entire-map reference, the "Aladdin" wrong-carpet reference (one of my favorite Disneys as a child)... Great work as always, guys, keep it up!!

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
I didn't think you would do Resonance of Fate. Very cool, I am really enjoying the game so I hope one of you is actually playing it ^_^. But now I am curious what you would have said during the title screen movie with the gun fight in a church like area.

pfloriani

Jul 24, 2009
gamegod25 said:
Also what is it with games with their time "...and several months" crap? They did that in Two Worlds as well. Did they really feel in neccessary to be that precise and yet that vague about how much time has passed? I seriously doubt adding those several months is gonna make any difference. Just round the damn number alright.
I still think the best example of this was in Wolverine Uncaged.

"All right, so this is many years before the not too distant future...at six."

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
The Great JT said:
When they hit the water, it will be the most epic cannonball ever.
Would be pretty harsh if they belly-flopped it though. They'd have to go up and jump off all over again.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I think you forgot to mention that her ribs would probably be broken too. However if you employ Walt Disney's gravitional drop forumla for fantasy characters you divide by zero and that explains why they don't both die.

Its a good week for Stark and Paul apparently, both really funny videos.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Nice point about the moping. Also, points for Mythbusters references and code violations.

Always great to see Unskippable on Mondays.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Agorwal said:
another awesome episode of unskippable, think they missed a good oppurtunity to use the "and that was the X time i died" line though
Come to think of it, it might've been a good opportunity for Paul to go, "Short game." Just like in Farcry 2 or Bad Company.

IronBahamut

Mar 14, 2010
I've beaten this two weeks ago

The story makes NO sense. I thought it was going to but it never does

Even now i dont know why they survived that fall -_-

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
"We're still watching these jackasses falling"

That is one of the most unexplainable opening cutscenes I have ever seen, so we have a woman committing suicide, a man trying to save her in incredibly stupid fashion and getting himself killed and then it cuts to over a year later and someone different. Flat what.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
That was... an odd opening. I couldn't even make heads or tails of it.

But anyway, nice work, as usual. Especially the refrences to "Aladdin" and "Mythbusters" (thy should really get to checking that one out...)

And was it just me, or did that one guy sound REALLY familiar...?

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Not sure but I think in that system the downward energy of the fall would have transposed to lateral velocity drivng the pendulum swing, rather than all being absorbed by his arm.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
You know, my parents met while falling to their deaths. I was born and raised, along with my little sister in constant freefall. I hope to marry myself when I meet the right descending girl. We have a little community of people living out their lives while falling faster and faster towards the impeding ground.

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
What the devil!

Please tell me that 1. The less feminine looking guy (the one who can't read) is just like the kid in Sixth Sense, or 2. They're all actually heavily involved in drugs and the whole opening scene was a metaphor drugs have destroyed both their lives without them really noticing or caring.