Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
kenu12345 said:
I got on here again just to say that I completly agree with this paragraph. I don't understand why they are just trying to push gimmick and trying to take away more of being able to make my own character. Heck they didnt even go all in with the stupid voice protaginist junk. Its just one voice per gender
I still don't get where this "I don't wanna wife and kid forced upon me, WHAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!" bitching is coming from. I watched the footage before it was taken down. I saw a very dark skinned male character in the pre war footage walk around, unable to fully interact with the surroundings. Then in gameplay footage moments later the environment was interactable again and when the player/character raised his pipboy to the level of his eye... the skin color of his arm and hand was noticeably lighter. Almost as if IT WASN'T THE SAME CHARACTER. True it could have been different savegames. For some reason... whatever that might be.

The footage just reinforced for me my original idea about how character creation is going down in FO4. And I've never thought it was "Imma Daddy looking for wife and baby." All the hype-footage and stuff I've seen seem to make that character origin kind of a too obvious red herring. So far none of the leaks and advertising have contradicted my theory about character origin. That's why I don't really get people prejudging the story when I don't even think they know anything about it. I suppose the "daddy" theory could be how it plays out. That's because I HAVEN'T SEEN THE FUCKING GAME YET EITHER.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Kyrian007 said:
kenu12345 said:
I got on here again just to say that I completly agree with this paragraph. I don't understand why they are just trying to push gimmick and trying to take away more of being able to make my own character. Heck they didnt even go all in with the stupid voice protaginist junk. Its just one voice per gender
I still don't get where this "I don't wanna wife and kid forced upon me, WHAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!" bitching is coming from. I watched the footage before it was taken down. I saw a very dark skinned male character in the pre war footage walk around, unable to fully interact with the surroundings. Then in gameplay footage moments later the environment was interactable again and when the player/character raised his pipboy to the level of his eye... the skin color of his arm and hand was noticeably lighter. Almost as if IT WASN'T THE SAME CHARACTER. True it could have been different savegames. For some reason... whatever that might be.

The footage just reinforced for me my original idea about how character creation is going down in FO4. And I've never thought it was "Imma Daddy looking for wife and baby." All the hype-footage and stuff I've seen seem to make that character origin kind of a too obvious red herring. So far none of the leaks and advertising have contradicted my theory about character origin. That's why I don't really get people prejudging the story when I don't even think they know anything about it. I suppose the "daddy" theory could be how it plays out. That's because I HAVEN'T SEEN THE FUCKING GAME YET EITHER.
*points towards the video that doesnt exist anymore* You really should have seen that. Beth already practically clarified this stuff at this point. You shouldn't get so mad at someone not adoring a game as much as you do. If you don't care as much thats fine

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
kenu12345 said:
Kyrian007 said:
kenu12345 said:

*points towards the video that doesnt exist anymore* You really should have seen that. Beth already practically clarified this stuff at this point. You shouldn't get so mad at someone not adoring a game as much as you do. If you don't care as much thats fine
Did you not understand my post. I was talking about the "*points toward video that doesn't exist" That's the video that reinforced my opinion about the dad NOT being the player character in the main game after the bomb hits. Since it was obviously 2 different characters in the footage shown in *THAT VERY VIDEO. Haters just gotta pile on, even though they might not have any idea what they're talking about. Butthurt about something Bethesda's done to "wrong" them in the past, and just gotta hate.

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
Kyrian007 said:
kenu12345 said:
Kyrian007 said:
kenu12345 said:

Did you not understand my post. I was talking about the "*points toward video that doesn't exist" That's the video that reinforced my opinion about the dad NOT being the player character in the main game after the bomb hits. Since it was obviously 2 different characters in the footage shown in *THAT VERY VIDEO. Haters just gotta pile on, even though they might not have any idea what they're talking about. Butthurt about something Bethesda's done to "wrong" them in the past, and just gotta hate.
Think you need to calm down dude. The fact that you are using words like haters and butthurt are already saying far more than needs to be said in this thread. Could you please at least try to be civil.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Karadalis said:
moaning about how the games graphics look shite.
Blame Sony and Microsoft for releasing dated hardware in their "next gen" consoles. F4 won't be able to beat 30fps even on the PS4.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Dr. McD said:
They're doing it Bioware did it now they want to chase the latest moronic trend, just like how Fallout 3 came up with utterly retarded story about a fucking vault didn't have a doctor just you could start in a vault like Fallout 1 and made a perk based levelling system for Skyrim (probably because Far Cry 3 did it). Bethesda have no idea how to actually make a game and they showed that with both Fallout 3 and Skyrim so they just rip off other people, badly.
Just to note, Skyrim came out a year before Far Cry 3... so if you're going to sling mud, make sure your aim is right.

residentout1

May 21, 2013
Dr. McD said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Just to note, Skyrim came out a year before Far Cry 3
I know, I suspect they stole ripped off an early beta version because there's no way someone could actually think a UI that takes 10 minutes to do what previous games could do in less than 1 is streamlining (that UI never understands that when I click on a perk I want to select that fucking perk, not go over to the next perk tree entirely).

Seriously, no one with a brain cell would put that in the finished product.
why do you care you not going to play the game your not trying to change people opinions do to your anger and use of language over a video game.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
kenu12345 said:
Kyrian007 said:
Think you need to calm down dude. The fact that you are using words like haters and butthurt are already saying far more than needs to be said in this thread. Could you please at least try to be civil.
Sure, you're right that's too harsh. I do apologize. And it's circular as well. I know that I'm not just a Bethesda fanboy overhyped on Fallout 4, but that's what your assumption is. Meanwhile I'm making the assumption that you're just a burned Bethesda hater. That is just he said he said and just goes nowhere. I guess my point is just that without any real evidence one way or the other about a game's content, I'm not going to knock a game no matter who the publisher is.

Well, unless it's Konami

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Saulkar said:
Meh, I just modded the caps out of Fallout 3 and am still figuring out all neat little doodads that have been added so I will put this game off until it does not cost... 80 fracking dollars, FUCK! Go to hell Bethesda.

Edit: Actually... that is only a dollar fifty more than the real life currency conversions, shit.
You modded caps out of FO 3? For what purpose? I mean, I'm assuming it's to increase the difficulty of the game, but I'm curious how you accomplish any kind of trading for supplies, if you do so at all. Do you just scavenge for everything, and/or murder people to take their stuff?

I mean I get that you can quickly have more caps than you have any need of in the game, but considering many supplies are restricted behind a trader's purchase screen, I'm not sure how you would obtain them other than simply killing the person.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Starke said:
Lightknight said:
CoD actually has some really good writing that gets overlooked too much of the time since they are so frequently released.
Honestly? Infinity Ward's been going down hill since 4. To the point that I skipped Ghosts, though I doubt anyone's about to argue that one. Treyarch used to be pretty meh, but the Black Ops series is surprisingly good for what it's doing. I haven't played AW, so no idea there, but I've heard good things.

It's a mixed bag. When it's good, it's really good. When it's not, it's pretty terrible. MW3, for instance.
Due to the dualistic nature of COD games thanks to the dual studio production method I think it would be beneficial for me to clarify.

Treyarch has been doing a damn fine job with COD. Infinity Ward makes me want to take a nap. Sledgehammer is an excellent addition to the cycle and Advanced Warfare was good.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Charcharo said:
. And they are bad programmers, unfit to be in the same sentence as 4A Games for example.
Seeing the total clusterfuck and buggy unplayable messes we have been presented with the last couple of years...

I think bethesda fits right in...

You could even say... bethesda did it before it was cool rushing out poorly coded trainwrecks... but hey... atleast they usually are somewhat fun trainwrecks and unlike with other games bethesda game animation bugs have somewhat of a charm to them.

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
Kyrian007 said:
kenu12345 said:
Kyrian007 said:
Sure, you're right that's too harsh. I do apologize. And it's circular as well. I know that I'm not just a Bethesda fanboy overhyped on Fallout 4, but that's what your assumption is. Meanwhile I'm making the assumption that you're just a burned Bethesda hater. That is just he said he said and just goes nowhere. I guess my point is just that without any real evidence one way or the other about a game's content, I'm not going to knock a game no matter who the publisher is.

Well, unless it's Konami
And thats your prerogative, note I never assumed it about you. I just felt you were getting way to passionate about the issue since I just brought up my concern with what actually came out about the game including limiting conversation wheels, half assed voiced protagonist with one voice per gender, and removing of the previous system which I loved

Valok

Nov 17, 2010
Le sigh.

I don't really care about the graphics (and it is hard to judge correctly considering the bad quality on the video), but i do HATE jerky/crappy animations - it sometimes look as if the characters are reverse-moonwalking, almost floating on the ground as if the bodies had no weight at all.

If there's one thing Bethesda seems incapable of improving along the years (when we compare with what other studios do) is their animation depart, jezz.

Still, looking foward for the release.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
As someone that has fond childhood memories of Fallout 1 and was quite enthralled by the jump to open world 3D in Fallout 3...I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far. If anything, I'm intrigued with the direction they're going in and excited as a whole.

One minor nitpick would be the dated animations with the humanoid character models, but this is easily overlooked by the more weighty looking gunplay, which is all I wanted at the end of the day.

Looking forward to it! :D

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
What was the point in getting it all removed the game is going to be out in 5 days and people are going to shit themselves to get it anyway, all they have done is mildly annoy me because i didnt get to see the video :(