UPDATE! Kitten being overlooked for adoption because it looks like Hitler..

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
So I just got linked this from a friend. This [http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/870796-kitten-overlooked-for-adoption-because-she-looks-like-hitler] kitten has been overlooked for adoption because it has a black spot under it's nose not unlike Hitler's stupid little moustache. The cat was found by the public half dead, it was taken to a shelter where it was nursed back to health but now the shelter is struggling to find it a home for this reason.

Does anyone else think this is really cruel and retarded?

UPDATE: Since this thread was going pretty well I felt I should post this and let people see. I was just messaged this [http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/news/928_kitten_is_not_short_of_a_home_thanks_to_unusual_markings], a link to the adoption centre's own website no less. It appears our little furry friend has become the centre of attention BECAUSE of her likeness to Hitler and Charlie Chaplin. So it seems the adorable little fluff ball will find a home after all.

Thanks Vault Citizen for the heads up.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
I do. That spot doesn't look anything like Hitler's stache; it's way too big and lopsided and it covers his nose. All a huge improvement over the original.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Zetona said:
I do. That spot doesn't look anything like Hitler's stache; it's way too big and lopsided and it covers his nose. All a huge improvement over the original.
Not to mention that it's not even in line with the nose it's more to the right.

Edit: Ignore that, just noticed you mentioned it being lopsided.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Zetona said:
Not to mention that it's not even right under it's nose it's more to the right.
More the shelter's fault for naming it Kitler, though when my family adopted cats we stripped them of the ridiculous names the shelter gave them.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Zetona said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Zetona said:
Not to mention that it's not even right under it's nose it's more to the right.
More the shelter's fault for naming it Kitler, though when my family adopted cats we stripped them of the ridiculous names the shelter gave them.
But at the same time, it's clearly been named that as a joke and people shouldn't take that too seriously. As you said, people wouldn't need to keep that name.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
It looks like someone fucked up when trying to give it a Groucho Marx tache(which was just boot black).

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Maybe it would help if they didn't refer to her as "Kitler."

That being said, I'd adopt the f*ck out of that furball. I love cats.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
The picture they've taken doesn't help it on the Hitler resemblance front.

Despite that, it looks nothing like Hitler unless viewed from a distance.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I find it retarded

hell, I'd adopt it and call it Hitler, so that I can say "I own Hitler" XD

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
I would just like to say that "Kitler" has to be in the running for one of the greatest cat names in history of cat names.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Buchholz101 said:
Maybe it would help if they didn't refer to her as "Kitler."

That being said, I'd adopt the f*ck out of that furball. I love cats.
Yeah that's why I made this thread. I love cat's also and I thought this was cruel, I'd adopt it if I could.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
wasnt there a time when everyone posted Kitler pictures?
anyway it looks more like stalin mid-shave to me.
but seriously, that is stupid. i would punch anyone who would use that excuse not to adopt a cat.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Aww... The poor thing. Honestly, there are more obvious looking Hitler cats on the net. Besides, I always thought the unusual looking cats were the ones who were adopted first?

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
AaaaaaaaarghthatthingisthemostadorablethingeverandIwantitnow
Seriously though, that spot looks nothing like a mustache...
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Even though I think it's funny that the kitten's paw is raised, I don't think it looks like Hitler.

Doesn't help that they named him Kitler, but I'd get that little guy just because of his name.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
Immature as I am I'd probably adopt it _because_ it looks like Hitler. Hell, who wouldn't want it? I think it's adorable.

Besides, that Kitler's got nothing on this one.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
I bet people aren't adopting it because it actually doesn't look anything like a toothbrush moustache.
They know that every time they look at it they will be reminded of the crushing disappointment.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'd have adopted it and named it Charlie. Screw Hitler, Chaplin popularized that mustache!