UPDATE! Kitten being overlooked for adoption because it looks like Hitler..

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
This IS in the Metro, so I'm not sure we should be taking it all that seriously. Probably just some publicity for the animal home.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
But she's sooooooo cuuuuteeee, how could anyone not want a kitty like that? It doesn't even look like a mustache. Not a mustache I'd ever have in public. So asymmetrical...

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Zetona said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Zetona said:
I do. That spot doesn't look anything like Hitler's stache; it's way too big and lopsided and it covers his nose. All a huge improvement over the original.
Not to mention that it's not even right under it's nose it's more to the right.
More the shelter's fault for naming it Kitler, though when my family adopted cats we stripped them of the ridiculous names the shelter gave them.
To be fair giving Cats hilarious names is one of, if not the only, perk of working at a Cat shelter.

OT: I think it looks cute, but I prefer Dogs that look like Genghis Kahn.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah I call shenanigans.

Last year my ex started feeding a stray tuxedo cat that had a white moustach much in a similar fashion to which she named Hitler.

After we separated I got it fixed. Out of her last litter she had a kitten that was identical to her. TO which I kept and named it Göbels.

So I highly doubt that a "hitler stache" especially when its lopsided is really the culprit. Perhaps its more to the effect that females find a harder time getting adopted.

Sammaul

Nov 25, 2009
teh_Canape said:
I find it retarded

hell, I'd adopt it and call it Hitler, so that I can say "I own Hitler" XD
On the other hand, ''Hitler peed on my chair.'' doesn't sound so charming.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Dr. McD said:
I prefer "Meow Zedong".

YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!
Oh, that's a good one. How about "Joseph Pawlin"? "Joseph Purrbbels"? Or dare I say, "Franklin D. Purrsevelt"?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Aw... She's adorable! I suppose though, most kittens are cute so she's got some stiff competition. I got a new kitten a few weeks ago, found him abandoned at the roadside and I didn't have the heart to give him away. I love him to bits.

Although, as cute as he is, that fucker has ruined like three pairs of shoes now. It's all fun and games until they realise they have claws.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
Dammit, I was just coming to post a link to catsthatlooklikehitler.com. But that cat is menacing as fuck.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
That's ridiculous! People overlooking her because of a black spot under her nose?

PEOPLE: IT IS JUST SOME DAMN FUR! IT DIDN'T CHOOSE THOSE MARKINGS! GET OVER IT! >_<

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I don't see any resemblance. And if there really was one, you can still have fun with that by calling the cat a related name (probably not Hitler or Nazi because you wouldn't want to be calling that out, but you know, something more subtle) and it will be a cute name origin.
Like a friend's rabbit whose name is Benito after Mussolini. I think because he's black, but I haven't seen that many pictures of him and I don't exactly remember.

Dawn Patrol

Jul 29, 2011
Would you want a cat that looks like Hitler?

Ok probably, but I reckon the novelty would wear off.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Kitlers are cute as hell, just don't bring them to Poland or Isreal. Aside from the awful jokes, people are cruel as hell to cause harm or neglect to an animal who cannot choose what historical figure it may or may not resemble. Whoever would neglect the animal or choose not to adopt it simply because its a Kitler should be reserved a place in Hell next to that racist Austrian bastard. Just for karma's sake.