UPDATE! Kitten being overlooked for adoption because it looks like Hitler..

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
thethingthatlurks said:
While we're on the topic of those stupidly adorable fur balls (hey, at least I'm man enough to admit I like cats!), why not completely derail this thread? All manner of felines welcome!

omgthatssofuckingcuteiwantitrightnow!!

That seriously is adorable. What's it playing?
Dunno, it's not me. I stumbled across this pic a while ago, and thought it would fit quite well here.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
So I just got linked this from a friend. This [http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/870796-kitten-overlooked-for-adoption-because-she-looks-like-hitler] kitten has been overlooked for adoption because it has a black spot under it's nose not unlike Hitler's stupid little moustache. The cat was found by the public half dead, it was taken to a shelter where it was nursed back to health but now the shelter is struggling to find it a home for this reason.

Does anyone else think this is really cruel and retarded?
Yes, I believe it is. People are real assholes and I hope Godwin pimp-slaps them from beyond the grave.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
thethingthatlurks said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
thethingthatlurks said:
While we're on the topic of those stupidly adorable fur balls (hey, at least I'm man enough to admit I like cats!), why not completely derail this thread? All manner of felines welcome!

omgthatssofuckingcuteiwantitrightnow!!

That seriously is adorable. What's it playing?
Dunno, it's not me. I stumbled across this pic a while ago, and thought it would fit quite well here.
Aw shame, oh well I'll get by picturing it kicking ass on Halo.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
So I just got linked this from a friend. This [http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/870796-kitten-overlooked-for-adoption-because-she-looks-like-hitler] kitten has been overlooked for adoption because it has a black spot under it's nose not unlike Hitler's stupid little moustache. The cat was found by the public half dead, it was taken to a shelter where it was nursed back to health but now the shelter is struggling to find it a home for this reason.

I followed the link before commenting because occasionally I like to actually know what I'm talking about.

This is like when someone says that anything long and straight is phallic. It's not even a perfect little patch like Hitler had. In other words, it (the only common feature besides universal mammal facial features) only resembles Hitler's mustache in that "now that you mention it...I guess it kinda does" sort of way. I have my doubts about the validity of this story, and OP should too.

Did you know that there is a website that shows people's Facebook outrage over fake Onion stories? My favorite is the one about the reversal of don't-ask-don't-tell (the US military's policy on gays serving). The fake headline for the very obviously satirical article on the fake news website was "Soldiers forced to Have Gay Sex on the Battlefield." Hilarious in its own right, but not nearly as funny as the reactions of FB users who embedded it and said things like "I'm OK with freedom and all, but this is just too much! They've got to do something about this!"

This thread reminds me of that. Quell your outrage, lest someone accuse you of being a drama queen.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
It's hard enough to find homes for kittens in general, calling this one 'Kitler' really isn't helping. I'm glad the kitten is doing well, but not adopting it based on a patch of black fur is pretty depressing. I mean, even if the cat did bear a resemblance to Hitler, so what? It's a cat, not a nazi.

It's sort of like the black cats around here... they tend to get overlooked for adoption simply because they're the last thing you notice in a room when there are white/orange/mixed cats to look at. Although, everyone I've mentioned it to outright assumes it's pure superstition. Poor black cats :/

niglett

Jul 17, 2009
i would totally adopt that kitty because it looks kinda like hitler so i can name it kitler.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
funguy2121 said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

I followed the link before commenting because occasionally I like to actually know what I'm talking about.

This is like when someone says that anything long and straight is phallic. It's not even a perfect little patch like Hitler had. In other words, it (the only common feature besides universal mammal facial features) only resembles Hitler's mustache in that "now that you mention it...I guess it kinda does" sort of way. I have my doubts about the validity of this story, and OP should too.

Did you know that there is a website that shows people's Facebook outrage over fake Onion stories? My favorite is the one about the reversal of don't-ask-don't-tell (the US military's policy on gays serving). The fake headline for the very obviously satirical article on the fake news website was "Soldiers forced to Have Gay Sex on the Battlefield." Hilarious in its own right, but not nearly as funny as the reactions of FB users who embedded it and said things like "I'm OK with freedom and all, but this is just too much! They've got to do something about this!"

This thread reminds me of that. Quell your outrage, lest someone accuse you of being a drama queen.
Sure I've had doubts about the validity of this story, it's more than probable that the fact it has a spot similar to Hitler's moustache isn't the real reason for it not being adopted. But say it's true, I saw it and felt I should let other people see it because if it is in fact the reason people don't want to adopt it. As an animal lover I have a right (for want of a better word) to be kind of outraged about it. I think it's cruel that people would leave a kitten homeless because of such a retarded reason and if that makes me a drama queen, so be it.

Gavmando

Feb 3, 2009
If I knew how to post pictures i'd put up a picture of my cat Talon. He has a wicked Hitler mo.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I was expecting the real hitlercat, like pictured above, quoted by this isnt my name.

This cat has a lopsided black spot on its nose. looks nothing like hitlercat.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Oh, come on, it doesn't look like Hitler. I doubt that's why people don't adopt it.
Although, Kitler is a funny cat name.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
I would love to have a kitten that looked like hitler, would be great for starting up conversations and what not.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
funguy2121 said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

Sure I've had doubts about the validity of this story, it's more than probable that the fact it has a spot similar to Hitler's moustache isn't the real reason for it not being adopted. But say it's true, I saw it and felt I should let other people see it because if it is in fact the reason people don't want to adopt it. As an animal lover I have a right (for want of a better word) to be kind of outraged about it. I think it's cruel that people would leave a kitten homeless because of such a retarded reason and if that makes me a drama queen, so be it.
Rest assured, that would not make you a drama queen. But, and I hate to tell you this, but you are not the only animal lover in the world, not by far. So there is no way in Hell that ANY kitten would have trouble being adopted because of a less-than-passing resemblance to a long-deceased dictator. Jumping on every claim of injustice on the internet and making it your pet cause is what makes a person a drama queen - and very quickly can cause active schizophrenia as well. I'm simply asking that you think of the potential validity of the story, of which reason tells you there is none.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
OKa, that picture is not helping the case. And neither is that name. maybe change that so it doesnt sound like HITLER and the cat will be adopted?

Anyway, I was oigng to say something horrible about it, but now that I've seen it, its so cute.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
I love how they use words like "Uncanny" and "Striking" in reference to how much the cat looks like Hitler. It's a cat, and Hitler was not. They look nothing alike.

My dog has white spots on her feet. I'm white. I must be a clone of my dog, or vice versa. Or, you know, if you follow their stupid logic.

I think it's terrible if people are really stupid enough to not adopt that cat because they think it looks like Hitler. I also fear for them, as I think they're the kind of people who'd chug a bottle of anti-freeze to see what it tastes like.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
funguy2121 said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
funguy2121 said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

I hate to tell you this, but you are not the only animal lover in the world
I'm very well aware of that.