UPDATE! Kitten being overlooked for adoption because it looks like Hitler..

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
I desperately want this kitten now. Not just because of its horrible treatment, but because it does, in fact, look a little bit like Hitler, and that may be the greatest "fuck you" to Hitler since David Brockie pissed on his grave.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
That's no hitler stash. That's a magnificent half-gentleman-stash. Those FOOLS! Those FOOLISH FOOLS!!! They DARE to diss the stache???

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
So I just got linked this from a friend. This [http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/870796-kitten-overlooked-for-adoption-because-she-looks-like-hitler] kitten has been overlooked for adoption because it has a black spot under it's nose not unlike Hitler's stupid little moustache. The cat was found by the public half dead, it was taken to a shelter where it was nursed back to health but now the shelter is struggling to find it a home for this reason.

Does anyone else think this is really cruel and retarded?
Somebody might want him. I mean hell there is a website devoted to cats that look like hitler http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
1)It's stupid to overlook it because of that
2)It doesn't actually look like his moustache
3)The picture of it raises its paw doesn't help

Continuity

May 20, 2010
lettucethesallad said:
Immature as I am I'd probably adopt it _because_ it looks like Hitler. Hell, who wouldn't want it? I think it's adorable.

Besides, that Kitler's got nothing on this one.
Oh, my , God...

So animal reincarnation is true after all :D

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Fuck you, England! What gives you the right have this adorable cat up for adoption, and me being in a different time zone? If there weren't that pesky body of water between us, I'd adopt that little guy!

It really is a nice looking cat, though it hardly resembles little Adolf. Still, those Kitler things are quite a novelty, and considering cats view their owners as *their* pets, calling it Fuehrer seems oddly appropriate. Heh..."Jawohl mein Katzen Fuehrer, I shall klean Ihre Litterbox" (I do speak fluent German, but can't even do that menacing faux accent in writing :( )

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Im sorry but I literally cried laughing when I saw the title of this thread, Anyway yes this is a very stupid situation, I wish I could adobt the cat actually... I feel bad people are judging it for this.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Caramel Frappe said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
So I just got linked this from a friend. This [http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/870796-kitten-overlooked-for-adoption-because-she-looks-like-hitler] kitten has been overlooked for adoption because it has a black spot under it's nose not unlike Hitler's stupid little moustache. The cat was found by the public half dead, it was taken to a shelter where it was nursed back to health but now the shelter is struggling to find it a home for this reason.

Well it doesn't help when they named the cat 'Kitler' because then when they think of Hitler.
Anyone that adopted her wouldn't have to keep that name. It's clearly been named that as a joke and people that go to the shelter shouldn't take it too seriously.

smartengine

Mar 23, 2010
The cat looks nothing like Hitler, it looks adorable, and If I was anywhere near it I still wouldn't adopt it, because I don't really like cats if they aren't in a screen, with captions preferably.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
enh, i`d probably adopt it just to caption it.

also did you know there`s a cat that looks like lenin too?

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
While we're on the topic of those stupidly adorable fur balls (hey, at least I'm man enough to admit I like cats!), why not completely derail this thread? All manner of felines welcome!

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

Why WOULDN'T you want a cat that looks like Hitler?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
this isnt my name said:
I thought lots of people knew about it... Quite alot of kitlers.
I just choked laughing at Kitlers... serves me right drinking beer and reading the escapist!

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
It's not really cruel, after all, cats are wild creatures, and it's not like they NEED a family of humans to be happy or something.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
thethingthatlurks said:
While we're on the topic of those stupidly adorable fur balls (hey, at least I'm man enough to admit I like cats!), why not completely derail this thread? All manner of felines welcome!

omgthatssofuckingcuteiwantitrightnow!!

That seriously is adorable. What's it playing?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Anyone that adopted her wouldn't have to keep that name. It's clearly been named that as a joke and people that go to the shelter shouldn't take it too seriously.
Yeah I know, trust me.. I know. But sadly, people will take it seriously and they shall not even bother with the kitten spite nothing wrong with it. Think of it this way people: Would you rather have a cat that looks slightly like Hitler, or have a cat that looks nothing like Hitler but it was owned by Hitler??

You should say you'd adopt both or one of them- because it's clearly not the cat's fault for being raised by Hitler. It's just a cat, living it's life and being itself without human intentions to kill a race off. So yeah, don't even compare this cat with Hitler because it has no relation or goals like him period. Yet, people like I said. .. . are stupid. They think "Oh no! This cat looks like Hitler, I should avoid it because it's evil like him!!" ... Seriously?
Except cats are animals. When people go and get pets, they go and get cute ones, because that is, after all the reason people get pets, because they're cute/fun whatever. Cats don't need loving homes of humans or whatever, they're perfectly fine on their own. It just so happens that their habitat often conflicts with ours, so without human dominance, they might become a slight menace to humans, though nothing serious.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Poor kitten, that kitten looks nothing like that.

My neighbors cat we nickname Adolf because it has a non-lopsided black square 'tache. Has a good home with a guy who loves it.