UPDATE: Microsoft Announces Left 4 Dead 2

Akula

Nov 11, 2008
The first Left 4 Dead isn't even a complete game yet. I'm still waiting for them to release enough content to make it worth the 60 bucks I paid for it. They cant honestly expect me to pay full price for a sequel that has features the first game should of had in the first place.

This is stupid.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I will be mad as hell, because I just paid 30 EUR for a game and sequel is already koming out?

The fuck... Sorry, but there is no other word for that.

I officially stop giving a damn about Valve games. I refuse to pay for them if they are going to release another game OF THE SAME SERIES, A MULTIPLAYER GAME, half a year later.

Lionman363

Mar 1, 2008
They spent such a long time developing Left 4 Dead that they've decided to make a new one?
I'm still waiting for Half Life 3 Valve!

DragunovHUN

Jan 10, 2009
Wait. First off, why is MICROSOFT announcing it?

Not like i'm against L4D but why is Valve releasing L4D2 so soon when they've been working on HL2EP3 forever and STILL don't have a release date? I think they need to think about their priorities.

Abedeus said:
I will be mad as hell, because I just paid 30 EUR for a game and sequel is already koming out?

I officially stop giving a damn about Valve games. I refuse to pay for them if they are going to release another game OF THE SAME SERIES, A MULTIPLAYER GAME, half a year later.
Jesus, could you cry some more? Why does it hurt you that a new game is coming out just after you bought the old one? You can still play L4D like before.

If you're seriously going to boycot Valve for that, then please DO IT. I don't want to run into you on multiplayer :/

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Abi79 said:
Nope, it's not a lie: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/06/01/left-4-dead-2-exclusive-rps-preview/
I still call bullshit. Valve would never, EVER, release a sequel for a game one year after the first.

Evidence:

WHERE THE FUCK IS EPISODE THREE?

Until I'm holding the game in my hands, I'm not believing that Valve would do something so... I can't believe I'm saying this... "pants-on-head retarded".

HaloHappy

Sep 7, 2008
If this is legit, then either Valve was developing the second one while waiting to release the first, they're working on this instead of the next Half-Life, or I'm a monkey's uncle.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
LordOmnit said:
Wait, why would Microsoft be announcing it? Shouldn't someone else be announcing it or something? Maybe it's just going to be an expansion or something? Or it's just a lie.
This is exactly why I don't believe it. I don't even care if Rock Paper Shotgun did a preview, I want to see Valve say it and I want a video in the background, otherwise this is just an inside joke.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
/sigh. Its not coming out 'half a year later' its coming out A year later, (Ok so its off by 2 days. Go flame it then.) But listen here - The COD games all have a 1 year gap, except cod 1 to cod 2, but since then its 2005 - Cod 2, 2006, cod 3, 2007, cod 4, and 2008, cod 5...And later in 2009, guess what? Cod 6.

And those were all good games. SO CALM, THE FECK, DOWN. Thank you.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Remember announcing and releasing are two different things everyone. I'm waiting to find out more before jumping on either train.

FoxParadox

May 29, 2009
Coming out November 17, 2009

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/47577/Left-4-Dead-2-High-Definition-Trailer-Released

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
DragunovHUN said:
Abedeus said:

Jesus, could you cry some more? Why does it hurt you that a new game is coming out just after you bought the old one? You can still play L4D like before.
Yes, I am sure that not even 50% of the current player base will buy the new game, and only half of us (at best) will stay.

Also let's not forget that once a sequel comes out, the previous game lands in the "ABANDONED FOREVER" box. You might get a patch now and then. But don't even think about DLC or anything like that.

Besides, that's just a dick move. "We make a game, then instead of making new content for it, we will immediately after 8 months release a sequel, so you either buy it or stay with your crappy old and unsupported game". That's like Blizzard making another 3 WoW expansions month after month. So you have to buy them all or you can't play the "new content" that could've been added with a patch or two.

Ashbax said:
/sigh. Its not coming out 'half a year later' its coming out A year later, (Ok so its off by 2 days. Go flame it then.) But listen here - The COD games all have a 1 year gap, except cod 1 to cod 2, but since then its 2005 - Cod 2, 2006, cod 3, 2007, cod 4, and 2008, cod 5...And later in 2009, guess what? Cod 6.

CoD 3 was an abomination.

And they are not Multiplayer-based games. They have potent single-player.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Ashbax said:

We want Half Life 2:Episode 3 NOT Left 4 Dead 2 a game that just got released and could be well supported for a 1 year or 2 with DLC.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Ashbax said:

We want Half Life 2:Episode 3 NOT Left 4 Dead 2 a game that just got released and could be well supported for a 1 year or 2 with DLC.
Agree. That's the same why we don't want TF3 - TF2 is awesome as it is, just give new content. Costs you less than making a new game and you still get money from new customers.

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
I must say, this does see rather un-Valve like. But I'll hold off judgment until I get the skinny on Wednesday.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Valve, I am sick of waiting for Episode 3... Well, what are you waiting for, me to pay you? I'll pay when you finish!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Jordan Deam said:
I must say, this does see rather un-Valve like. But I'll hold off judgment until I get the skinny on Wednesday.
Did another company help Valve make Left 4 Dead? Maybe they took the reigns and Valve is only there for... emotional support or something.

Or at least I hope so.

I might start praying thats true... might. I don't want to see Valve turn into another sequel-spitting company.