UPDATE: Microsoft Announces Left 4 Dead 2

Hoxton

Oct 10, 2008
holy.SHIT
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/48626/PC/Left-4-Dead-2/Trailer/E3-2009-Debut-Trailer

EDIT:
As far as i read, there are new features.
Ragdoll decapitation systems (blow off the legs and let 'em crawl)
A.I director 2.0
and lots of diff shit

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
This can't be true. L4D just came out 6 months ago. Valve is still releasing new stuff for the original. Too soon. No way Valve made it that fast. It has to be an expansion pack.

Eric_Autopsy

May 19, 2009
It's probably going to be an expansion. A.. really big one. That they will call ''Left 4 Dead, 2''

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
You've got to be fucking kidding me. It would have to take at least 4 years, probably 6 years for Valve to come up with a sequel for this.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Confused: What is the meaning in this?

Apprehensive: I hope it's more along the lines o an expansion pack or episode.

Agitated: Why does it have to be new characters? Why can't it be the old characters that we're used to?!

Hopeful: Well, I don't expect Valve to mess this up. They've got an excellent track record, and they are aware of this.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
My friends, the world as we know it will come to an end. Having the word Microsoft connected with Valve has genuinely terrified me. I will henceforth repent all my sins, for when judgement day comes I will look up to the sky, and know I made the right choice.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
The fuck... the FUCK.

I can't believe that this is true.

What worse is that I'm totally going to buy it. It's the same forumla, same creators, same engine with some tweaks, so it won't be bad.

THE FUCK.

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
I think it's too soon to call if this is fake or not. It could be possible, it doesn't seem like much has been done for the game yet. I think the main reason they are doing it is because they want to make some changes to Source *shrugs* Maybe they want to do some new stuff that they can't do on the current engine. There is really no other reason to make a sequel to a game like this. And if no one has linked this so far....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/19/Left_4_dead_2.jpg

They couldn't have made a better logo for the game, I don't know if it is official or not though.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
This can't be right. Left 4 Dead came out...what a few months ago? It hasn't even been a year!? What the hell?!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
This is not like valve at all, a new mode thta just uses old map areas is not what i call meaningful content no matter how much fun it is. Where are the extra campaigns/ maps?

Jamiew815

Apr 13, 2009
Sigh, this isn't how VALVe usually act, they usually have massive gaps between games like the gap between Tf and Tf2. I prefer it when VALVe enable a game to mature in the online space and add to it instead of releasing a whole new game. Hopefully, those who own L4D on PC will be able to merge the two games, or run all of the campaigns off L4D2, as I will still want to play scenarios from the first.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Is it just me, or does the guy on the right hand side of the poster look quite a lot like the scout from TF2?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
This just feels so, so strange. Valve usually release a new game every 3 years or so if your lucky. For them to be making the sequel so quickly is really, really wierd.

Especially since Left 4 Dead can be supported for years with DLC. Okey, maybe in 5 years time but a year after the original games release...why? Games that actually require sequels spend more time than that.

Plus, this whole thing was announced by microsoft. This whole thing is just too fishy, and I'm going to go ahead and call [b/]bullshit[/b] until we see some footage. This is just about the weirdest move ValvE could take.