[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing Attempts To Extort Former Client

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
My god. And this guy is supposed to have procreated?! Someone call child services; this man clearly isn't fit to raise a child. For that matter, what the hell is his wife doing in all this? I mean, they were getting death threats and everything. Surely she should be putting her foot down, for the sake of her child at the very least?

Simply amazing. You couldn't make this shit up.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Not only has he guaranteed that he will never have a penny to his name again (Hard to get a job, plus a possible loss of damages lawsuit), now he may put himself in jail.
This is better than any sit-com!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
This is from further down the reddit page... just wow. He really believes the things he says. I bet he thinks the mayor of Boston really is his buddy.

I'm incorporating a lot of what I want to say about the series of phone conversations I've had with him.

I should preface by saying that I have the sense to leave things at a factual level as much as possible rather than open myself up to claims of defamation, which Paul has routinely thrown around while at once defaming others.

I agree with the notion that one does not negotiate with terrorists, which includes bullies. I say that because I have been strategically pacifying a bully for a couple of days now, and I'm done. Diplomacy has failed.

I've spoken to Paul many, many times over the last few days.

One of the main things that I've learned about him is that he is most concerned about the well-being of his wife and small child, along with his ability to make a living. I can respect and appreciate those things objectively. What I've also learned is that he is partial to protecting those interests without any consideration given to common courtesy or professional engagement.

Every comment regarding N-Control's separation from him was met with complaints to me centered around how N-Control was hurting his family and reputation. He insisted that he did the best thing that ever could have happened to the Avenger and N-Control. It is true that there are some positive vibes coming out of this, but I don't think it's inaccurate to say that the majority of that has all resulted from the damage control I put in place on N-Control's behalf. If you take his actions and delete me or someone doing what I've been doing, there is no turnaround in the first place, much less the huge upswing in sales he is imagining far off into the future. I categorically reject the notion that he can take credit for any of my work, forever and ever amen.

I played nicer than necessary over the last two days, and gave him a chance to do the right thing (return control of Avenger's email addresses, website, and other assets). The worst thing to do is make demands of someone issuing ultimatums when you want something out of them that they know they can use against you. At every step, I was told by Paul that "I like you and everything, and you're reasonable and just trying to do your job, but if they don't do what I say, things are gonna get ugly."

The first day, I told him that if he chose to speak to the press and speak on behalf of N-Control, that all bets were off. He has done that countless times now, and he's been more than warned, and I honestly believe that he doesn't realize that he's doing it. In that early chat, he told me "don't you fucking threaten me! You don't know who the fuck you're dealing with! I will do things to you that you cannot imagine, they are so fucking bad! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M CAPABLE OF!"

I think I know exactly what he's capable of: yelling and intimidation, with no real intent to follow through, The great thing about bullies is that when you've dealt with enough of them, you realize they're all configured the same way, generally speaking.

I was extensively bullied as a kid. Paul's methods and personality are very familiar to me. I think it should be pretty obvious that it indeed "got better" for me.

I de-escalated the conversation with techniques that I learned while caring for children. I reassured him that no one was out to get him, and that he just couldn't lash out like that or no one would want to play with him.

I should note that I don't care if he considers any of this condescending, especially considering the patronizing tone he's taken with me in every conversation we've had.

In our conversations, he has compared himself to no less than Howard Stern and Charlie Sheen. He has proclaimed himself to be the biggest thing on the internet, and has repeatedly touted how much power he thinks he now has with the press. He told me tonight "if they fuck with me, I got all these websites all over me. Whatever I tell them to write, they write." He says that he has a TV interview with SPIKE TV next week. I look forward to him telling them what to do and what to edit into their coverage.

Tonight, he reiterated that in unmistakable, forceful terms. His abrupt swings in tone and mood were astoundingly rapid. He told me he would burn the company to the ground and destroy everyone associated with it, including me, he regretted to inform me. "I know you're just a guy doing a job and you don't know any better. I'm gonna ruin your life if I have to."

Most people would have the urge to destroy him after being told that. Of course, that would only need to be said if he hadn't already done such a capable job of that himself. That's the part of the press release I wrote that I think he really didn't get: he needs to stop hurting himself, and consequently his family. He's making everything worse every time he opens his mouth, and for his family's sake, I wish he would stop. I'd be amazed if he can make himself look any worse, but I don't put that past him.

I hope that people stop giving him attention, because they're just feeding the beast. As for me, I'm done speaking with him on the phone.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
ResonanceSD said:
Does the stupid know no bounds? This is now blatantly illegal. A dude in the us is being sued for 300k for running off with a company twitter account.
And people wonder why the Credit Card bit from the troll account was taken serious. This dude really seemed like the kind of guy who would break the law. and it looks like he's tried to.

Stay classy, Paul.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011

Joking aside, I no longer feel sorry for the man. He deserves the wrath he gets at this point. And the possible felony charge.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
This man is the reincarnation of Emperor Nero playing the violin whilst Rome burns.

... except in this case the violin is throwing violent tempertantrums and rome is this mans career.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
vansau said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Oh, and this is illegal, right? This HAS to be illegal.
Yes. Extortion is a felony.
Did Moisés (awesome name!) mention anything about Christoforo trying to disguise his voice over the phone?, I wouldn't put it past the guy.

Did this guy not seek legal advice first?, he's extorting a company, he's got the company files, in France that's Espoinage Industriel and you get "wreck up for that yo" (in case Paul's reading this), I'm sure the US system is probably very similar.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
It's staggering someone like that actually got to the point in his career that he did already. Well he won't have one after this, thankfully.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Sheesh, some idiots just don't know when to quit. He could very well be looking at jail time now with this latest stunt...and I honestly hope he does at this point.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
There isn't a facepalm big enough. Seriously. Christoforo must be the stupidest person I've ever heard of. He's going to go to jail for this, it's just a matter of time until N-Control files an extortion suit and puts him away. My mind is seriously blown, I didn't know anybody could actually be this stupid.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Wow. Just wow. How on Earth is he managing to be such a colossal twat? Well at least one good thing has probably come out of this. I sincerely doubt he's going to find it easy to get work in PR again any time soon.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
vansau said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Oh, and this is illegal, right? This HAS to be illegal.
Yes. Extortion is a felony.
Like was said in the OP, he's just buried himself. It's unbelievable he got this far without being fired anyway but it's stretches even more into the realms of madness that the guy still thinks he could get away with this.

I'm not from the US but even I know that extortion is an extremely serious offence. If the guy isn't in prison by the end of this, I don't know what will happen.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
his asshole is gunna think he's running the show right up till they put him away.
This scene really fits the whole debacle perfectly when you think about it
<youtube=AkNDQD0gkAU>
The_root_of_all_evil said:
FFS Paul

If you want to protect your wife and kids, take a look at the daggers in your side.

GIVE IN. No-one cares if you website as on the internet.
I usually get what you're saying and agree with you but what do you mean by "website as on the internet"?
It was one of the many stupid things Paul said in his e-mails.
something about having one before the internet was the internet and you were the sperm of your daddy.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
The last thing they should have been doing is reporting this as news. They should have picked up the phone and had him arrested. The police are always more than happy to collect garenteed felons in a timely manner.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
How does this guy manage to find his way out of the house in the morning? I mean, there's like, doors in the way and stuff.
I don't normally weigh in on news reports, but I HAD to say - Dude! I LOVED that line! I'm sitting here cackling like a witch.

OT: This guy is unbelievable. I wanted to be sympathetic, I did. But he has crossed the line from being stupid to being a criminal. I hope he knows all the wwebsites are done with him forever now.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Fasckira said:
This is turning into quite the soap opera now. Ocean Marketing is right about one thing though, all this is giving huge media exposure to a relatively obscure peripheral. Im waiting for the moment now when it turns out that the new PR guy, the old PR guy and the original user who complained are all the same person and this is one massive PR stunt thats working incredibly well.
If that'd be true then whomever thought this up is a genius who fully deserves every second of publicity this is garnering.

Not too sure about what it's doing to their revenue though.

Whit

Jan 25, 2010
I want to think that this is some kind of parody or something, but I just can't...