[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing Attempts To Extort Former Client

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
For a second I found myself thinking last night, have I joined this internet lynch-mob because of his treatment of a customer, or am I being far too hard on a minor offence even I might be capable of because he's the kind of person I would personally dislike in real life. Was bias clouding my judgement and everyone else's on this case, especially when we pulled up "claims" about his personal life...

... than he did this and I feel much more comfortable with my torch and pitch fork.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I look forward to the internet destroying him, he pretty much deserves all the shit he gets.

DestinyCall

May 5, 2009
I'm pretty sure the only reason he hasn't lost other clients is because he doesn't HAVE any other clients. If there is any justice on the internet, he will never work in this industry again ... even if he does have all the right connections. XD

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
"hey, I berated customers, insulted well known media giants, completely destroyed your product and am holding your stuff hostage. when do I get a paycheque for a job well done?"

this serves to show that you should never hire someone who demands that you hand over everything and don't ask questions. it sounds more like one guy in his house rather than an actual PR company.

Who wants to bet that this guy shows up to Pax and gets thrown out after making even more of an ass of himself?

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Wow, this guy is either the best or the worst PR guy ever. While he has brought the almighty wrath of the internet upon himself by being a twat he still has many idiots convinced he's a really nice guy, that the "mob" is just picking on him and everything that is dug up against him is clearly false or inconclusive.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Moosejaw said:
Wow! So I wonder what all those guys feeling guilty about the evil internet posse ruining this poor fellow's life are going to think about this. Clearly, the internet has gone too far!
All those running around saying the internet has gone too far should realise that his website is still up, his bank account has not been emptied, his twitter accounts have not been hacked, his email addresses are still in his possession and he still has the ability to get online. I'd say the internet is being damn lenient compared to the old days. Hell the escapist was Ddosed for no good reason, this guys site would be nuked.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
This has me aroused with so much Schaudenfreude I can't stand it and I have to salute Mr. Christoforo for his pure dedication to trolling. This is some Captain Ahab level shit. So rarely do we get a person so utterly lacking in human nicities that they can be universally hated (that doesn't murder people)

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
Is it just me or is this guy one radioactive accident away from being a super-villain? He won't even need a superhero to foil his plans, he does that just fine on his own.

hoof ardet

Mar 26, 2010
It'd be nifty if somebody with no concept of consequences impulsively showed Paul Cristoforo EXACTLY how they felt about him. Just sayin.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
You know, I can almost understand his reasoning behind these shenanigans.

-This whole fiasco has ruined him.
-He relizes that he's never going to find a decent job again (at least not one that would have the pay and benefits he's apparently used to).
-He is now trying to find some manner of income to support himself and his alleged family.

Some people are just broken, and there's no fixing them. It's a shame that he is likely taking his alleged family down with him.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
So, I'm in the water, and there's a few hundred Great Whites circling me, on the verge of going into a feeding frenzy. I know, I'll slit my wrists! The blood'll be sure to calm them down.

At the risk of being very 4chan...mfw:

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
At the same time Paul is right, he did his job of bringing attention to the product. I never knew the controller existed before all this. Obviously all PR isn't good PR but the question is a landslide of horrible PR better then the lesser amount of good PR they had before.

EDIT: And don't worry about Paul C. supporting his family, I smell a reality show in the works.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
I believe it was best said by Kefka in Dissidia: Final Fantasy

"You get what you DESERVE!"
Good ol' Kefka.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the asshole. May he never find employment in this industry (or in the PR of any industry, for that matter).

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
A small part of me grudgingly respects this Paul guy for his sheer commitment to being a scoundrel. Who would have thought acting like an asshole to your customers, your benefactors and your former employers could garner this much coverage.

I raise my glass to you, Mr. Christoforo. Your attention-seeking behavior knows no bounds. Shine on you crazy diamond.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Oh wow. Oh... wow. Wow. Just wow. At first I considered him a huge jerk, but still felt a little bad for him because people were targeting his family, but now? He's a gigantic douchebag that deserves what's being thrown at him. I hope he gets arrested soon.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
...So I guess it's safe to say Christoforo doesn't ever expect to work in PR again? There are some things no amount of spin will allow you to get past. Attempting to extort clients after they fire you for incompetence has got to rank fairly high on that list.

Jeez, what the hell. He's like the guy in the Mafia movie who gets whacked half-way through by his own higher-ups for being too erratic.

Feb 13, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I usually get what you're saying and agree with you but what do you mean by "website as on the internet"?
To: Dave
Dec 26, 2011 2:19 PM
(snip)
Welcome to the Internet ? Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet, thanks for the welcome to message wurd up. Grow up you look like a complete child bro. I Don?t have my controller so im gonna cry to the world ? Really ?? Hey take that free time and do something more productive. All you had to do was check the like everyone else , people have inquired but you?re the douchiest of them all J
(snip)
One of the original emails.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Ladies and gentleman, I think we found this season's Tim Langdell/Bobby Kotick.

Let's see how far this rabbit hole goes. I for one will enjoy seeing this man destroy himself.