[UPDATE] Ocean Marketing Attempts To Extort Former Client

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Vulpis said:
Just a clarification, since I've seen it a couple of times now--Paul *is* Ocean. It's N-Control's stuff that he's holding hostage.
Correct.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
->Paul acts like a dick
->Penny Arcade get involved
->He apologises and begs Penny Arcade to make it stop

->Paul acts like a dick again
->AMA gets involved
->He immediately starts becoming a lot more friendly

I'm beginning to notice a pattern here...

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Zyr said:
But now, he's gone from asshole to criminal (I mean even more so [http://courtindex.sdcourt.ca.gov/CISPublic/casedetail?casenum=DVN14325&casesite=NC&applcode=D])
No no, he made the jump from asshole to petty criminal long before (3 years, given the info you have linked). He just went from petty criminal to multiple[footnote]He advertised links to pirated content on his 'company' Twitter[/footnote] felon.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Vulpis said:
They need to lock him in a room with Jack Thompson, is what they need to do.
Can it be a sealed room? And can there be deadly neurotoxin that can be sprayed into the room? And can there be one tank of air that they can fight over? And can the tank of air be filled with deadly neurotoxin?

And can I charge for pay-per-view?

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
So, about the "internet mob" and "out of control nerd rage" that some users here were complaining about...

Would you care to reevaluate your position now that the man is actively engaging in malicious and criminal acts of petty vengeance? Acts that are directed against people who are merely doing damage control after getting caught in the blast radius of his own self-destruction spree?

This man has no redeeming qualities, has only himself to blame for his troubles, is unable to learn from his mistakes, will destroy himself, and will cause harm to those near him while doing so. Your compassion is wasted on him. I get the feeling that many of you read his interview but not the email thread on Penny Arcade. It may be time to rethink your approach to this sort of thing.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
McMullen said:
So, about the "internet mob" and "out of control nerd rage" that some users here were complaining about...

Would you care to reevaluate your position now that the man is actively engaging in malicious and criminal acts of petty vengeance?
Since you ask...

I've never defended him. I don't care about him. Never have.

He's a jerk, a loudmouth, a thug... but in this thread alone I see people expressing the hope that he'll be stabbed, raped, perhaps murdered... so yeah, I'd still say "out of control nerd rage" pretty much covers it.

If he's a criminal then leave it to the courts to handle him. That's what they're for.

[sub]...and in the name of sanity will people please stop linking that court file. We don't even know it's the same guy and even if it is there is a big difference between 'charge' and 'conviction.'[/sub]

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
And people tell me I'm horrible for wanting to see some change in this ***hat's behavior.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
ResonanceSD said:
baconbaby299 said:
Does anyone know the episode of South Park with the breast cancer? He reminds me of Cartman off that. Surely by now he understand the implications of his actions?

I doubt it, I just read his Forbes interview. Blaming mike for not giving him the heads up on who he was? Priceless stupidity.
Thats actually about the only part I sympathize with the guy about. Mike jumped into the email chain saying that he would SHUT DOWN the booth if they had one at PAX without saying anything else in the emails. So that's actually one notch for douchebag on Mike's belt. Everything else I am just laughing at how hes up to a 30 foot hole with a 10 foot ladder to get out and hes still digging deeper.

Sep 14, 2009
McMullen said:

Would you care to reevaluate your position now that the man is actively engaging in malicious and criminal acts of petty vengeance? Acts that are directed against people who are merely doing damage control after getting caught in the blast radius of his own self-destruction spree?

This man has no redeeming qualities, has only himself to blame for his troubles, is unable to learn from his mistakes, will destroy himself, and will cause harm to those near him while doing so. Your compassion is wasted on him. I get the feeling that many of you read his interview but not the email thread on Penny Arcade. It may be time to rethink your approach to this sort of thing.
agreed.

the whole "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" thing applies here to those people.

this guy is a genuine bully asshole, and you were a select lucky individual in life if you've never had to deal with a person like this, but until they are severly burned into vaporization, they will not give up. just how it is.

glad to know his leash is kept short and tight now.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
PunkRex said:
Guys, Paul Christoforo isn't real, he's a figment of our imagination... like love or Welsh people. He's not real like us ponies. I mean no one in real life is that stupid right... right?
I dont know the Darwin Awards might disagree with you there.

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2011-02.html

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Best laugh I've had in a while. For Avenger's sake I hope he gets put away quickly, but boy oh boy will I be sad to see the source of such immense entertainment go.
Always good to end the year on a funny note. ^^

Feb 9, 2011
I don't think I've seen someone sink their career in the gaming industry so quickly and with so much vigor. Bravo, Paul...bravo...

The man just won't quit until he's dug the biggest hole he can dig.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
mcnally86 said:
At the same time Paul is right, he did his job of bringing attention to the product. I never knew the controller existed before all this. Obviously all PR isn't good PR but the question is a landslide of horrible PR better then the lesser amount of good PR they had before.

EDIT: And don't worry about Paul C. supporting his family, I smell a reality show in the works.
well... to be honest I was all geared up yo tell everyone not to buy the controller until the company distanced themselves. It's like the new PR guy said, It's the damage control that he did that is saving the company

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
FFS Paul

If you want to protect your wife and kids, take a look at the daggers in your side.

GIVE IN. No-one cares if you wwebsite as on the internet.
If they exist at all. There's apparently a pretty decent argument being made that the wife and child don't actually exist, and never did in any way shape or form until after this mess started.

The only evidence in support I've seen personally is his dating profile which lists him as single and with no children. Though he could be sleezing to cheat, or he could have actually been honest there, and is sleezing to try to get people off of his back now.

Sorry, if someone else pointed this out already.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
I pity the family, if they exist (who merely made the mistake of being married to and sired by this gormless tosser rather than actively committing extortion), but watching this guy burn like this... analogies fail me, but it's rather like watching Quan Chi tear off someone's leg and beat them to death with it. Any pity you feel for the victim disappears in a spray of schadenfreude and a gruesome mess you can't help but take a little glee in watching.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Well, if he wasn't going to jail before, he is now. Extortion is blatantly illegal.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Moosejaw said:
Wow! So I wonder what all those guys feeling guilty about the evil internet posse ruining this poor fellow's life are going to think about this. Clearly, the internet has gone too far!
Dammit! Ninja'ed!

CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Bloody hell, this guy is more messed up than a sack of a drunken ferrets.
Though I agree with you on this statement...

How in Satan's glorious name do you know what a sack of drunken ferrets look like? Let alone how you managed to get them drunk! o_O
I have to agree with this, I was just wondering that myself.

Flying Dagger said:
Can we stop giving this egomaniac attention now - the harder we rage the more he plays to it, we (the gaming community) look like overzealous children having a stupid fight and to be honest nobody wins here.

As far as I'm concerned this adds nothing new to the story, he's still the same impotent jackass he always was, and I still believe we should be more concerned about how we react to this, and how other sections of media see us. All this death threat and retaliatory bollocks could give SOPA some big ammunition.

Though he is right - he's brought far more publicity to that peripheral than it could ever have otherwise hoped to get.

EDIT: OP can you take off the section about roid rage - it's unproven character defamation that there is simply not enough evidence to pass judgement on. As someone who has had to take steroids (prescribed for a severe medical condition) - I would be very upset to find I'm being slandered all over the net for a medical procedure.

Okay ...
1) Are you really going to sit there and STILL defend this asshat? Really?
2) You might want to step back and take a look at your own biases and how you are projecting them onto this story; because there have been evidence to his usage of steroids.
http://kotaku.com/5871400/cut-paul-oceanmarketting-christoforo-a-breakhe-probably-just-has-roid-rage

Flying Dagger said:
snip

Where he pretended he was all powerful but in the end had no power at all and couldn't do anything?

Sounds like the same old story to me.
Except with the whole felony thing. Extortion is a felony, you did know that, right?

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
Sixcess said:
McMullen said:

Would you care to reevaluate your position now that the man is actively engaging in malicious and criminal acts of petty vengeance?
Since you ask...

I've never defended him. I don't care about him. Never have.

He's a jerk, a loudmouth, a thug... but in this thread alone I see people expressing the hope that he'll be stabbed, raped, perhaps murdered... so yeah, I'd still say "out of control nerd rage" pretty much covers it.

If he's a criminal then leave it to the courts to handle him. That's what they're for.

[sub]...and in the name of sanity will people please stop linking that court file. We don't even know it's the same guy and even if it is there is a big difference between 'charge' and 'conviction.'[/sub]
Seriously? The guy has done REAL WORLD damage to a completely innocent company and jeopardized people's livelihoods and has already expressed a desire to do MORE harm to people. But you're calling out a tiny, TINY minority of people for typing words on the internet. Unless you had some evidence that there is someone here who would go through with stabbing, raping or murdering him, your ire is severally misplaced.

I get the feeling that you haven't read the appropriate articles, because he has gone above and beyond being a "Jerk, a loudmouth, a thug" at this point.