Update: Pokemon X and Y Starters' Final Evolutions Revealed

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Why does the dumbest looking starter have the best looking evolution? And why did they ruin the greatness of Fennekin and Braixen? Whinge! Whinge I say!

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Okay, I wasn't sold on them before, but Chestnaught looks beast! I think my choice is made.

The trouble is, that means I can't choose Bulbasaur as my original starter, which is a shame.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Would you look at that. Mr. Happy Tree Friends becomes the brawler. Wouldn't have guessed.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
HOLY SHIT!
NOT A FIRE/FIGHTING MIX!

Seriously though, looking at the 2nd evo of Fennekin I expected a fire ninja fox... Which is different from the fire ninja monkey and fire ninja chicken any day...

Still... Fire/Psychic.... I can't actually think of a pokemon that fits that bill... Although I'm expected to be quoted and shamed almost immediately....

The same with the Water/Dark too...

The Grass/Fighting I can at least point at Breloom.... But yeah, the other two, from my memory anyway, are unique...

Although Typhlosion still wins most awesome final starter evo...

Capthca: top notch
No... not quite... rather disappointed really... Then again, I didn't know what to expect anyway...

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
not_you said:
Still... Fire/Psychic.... I can't actually think of a pokemon that fits that bill... Although I'm expected to be quoted and shamed almost immediately....

The Grass/Fighting I can at least point at Breloom....
To date, there is no other regular Fire/Psychic type other than Dramanitan, which requires its hidden ability to transform into, and the legendary Pokemon Victini. For Water/Dark, I point you to Carvanha, its evolution Sharpedo and Crawdaunt. For Grass/Fighting, the only other Pokemon that shares this dual typing along with Breloom is the legendary Pokemon Virizion.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I don't get all the dephlox hate. If you people want a less anthro fire fox type pokemon, we already have one of those. It's called Ninetails.
I for one actually am now getting fenniken. I want crazy ear hair mage furry. Here i was hoping Chespin would keep getting sillier after quilladin, but no, I was disappointed.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
not_you said:

The Grass/Fighting I can at least point at Breloom....
To date, there is no other regular Fire/Psychic type other than Dramanitan, which requires its hidden ability to transform into, and the legendary Pokemon Victini. For Water/Dark, I point you to Carvanha, its evolution Sharpedo and Crawdaunt. For Grass/Fighting, the only other Pokemon that shares this dual typing along with Breloom is the legendary Pokemon Virizion.
AHA!
QUOTED AND SHAMED!
I ninja'd my own burn

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
I stopped playing after gen IV because I think that 5th generation had terrible designed Pokemons, and now this 6th gen isn't helping me change my opinion on new design at all. These 6th gen third evolution starters look terrible IMO and I don't like the fact that they added mega evolutions. I'll just stick to Emerald/Platinum/HG. :(

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Sweet! If I ever get X/Y, it'll be hard for me to pick my first starter... and am the only one who doesn't mind Delphox's appearance?

...No? Well, okay then.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Delphox is hot. Pun probably intended. I am now going to go and burn all the chesnaughts, good day.

SmokingBomber465

Mar 5, 2012
MrBrightside919 said:
Wish you could start with the classic starters, even though I know you can get them in the games...

The big thing is that who would have guessed I would care about pokemon at my age...
You actually start the game with either Bulbasaur, squirtle, or charmander as your choices. Your friend in the game then gives you the choice between froakie, fennekin, or chespin for what is really a "second starter".

So really, the starters this gen are the originals that we old guys and girls know and love. I'm going to choose my first ever: Bulbasaur, followed by the type I have chosen every generation since: water.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
SmokingBomber465 said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Wish you could start with the classic starters, even though I know you can get them in the games...

The big thing is that who would have guessed I would care about pokemon at my age...
You actually start the game with either Bulbasaur, squirtle, or charmander as your choices. Your friend in the game then gives you the choice between froakie, fennekin, or chespin for what is really a "second starter".

So really, the starters this gen are the originals that we old guys and girls know and love. I'm going to choose my first ever: Bulbasaur, followed by the type I have chosen every generation since: water.
Water Pokemon Starter High Five

Brew

May 23, 2010
Terminate421 said:
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Terminate421 said:
I'm going for Delphox.

But I'm getting a girl, I need moar bitches on my teams.
Everything about what you just said is strange to me.

Anyways, really not liking the fire starter. Im thinking maybe the frog.
Dont worry, not attracted to her in a strange way.

Female canines are bitches, litterally. And about 1/4 of my pokemon are female, I wouldn't mind more to clear that malefest. (Not gay)

Its a joke, you know?
I feel the same way, need gender equality in my Pokemon teams.

and for everyone now jumping ship to Team Froakie, I have one word for you: Dedenne.

ELECTRIC/FAIRY hehe

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
niktzv said:
Dragonbums said:
niktzv said:
Why is a stick coming out from Braixons' butt?

That's it's tail. Not it's butt.
Why is there a stick coming out of Braixons' tail?
According to the dex entry Fennekin, liked to eat twigs. So when it evolved, it always kept a spare twig in it's tail. Standby battle animations show that it also doubles as a "wand" of sorts.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
SmokingBomber465 said:
MrBrightside919 said:

You got that in the wrong order.

Your friends give you Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. Which is at the very beginning of the game. Shortly later in game you meet the professor who gives you the option of the original starters.

Cruickshank

Jul 3, 2013
Terminate421 said:
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Terminate421 said:
I'm going for Delphox.

Female canines are bitches, litterally. And about 1/4 of my pokemon are female, I wouldn't mind more to clear that malefest. (Not gay)

Its a joke, you know?
umm i think ill point out your mistake there, foxes are not canines, they are vulpines. female foxes are vixens, not bitches. so yeah, your joke kinda seems a little bit off considering.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Cruickshank said:
Terminate421 said:
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Terminate421 said:
I'm going for Delphox.

Its a joke, you know?
umm i think ill point out your mistake there, foxes are not canines, they are vulpines. female foxes are vixens, not bitches. so yeah, your joke kinda seems a little bit off considering.
Cut me some slack on that then. Most people don't even know Female Canine's are bitches. Vixen didn't exactly come to mind either.