Updated: McAfee AntiVirus Founder Wanted for Murder

The Random One

May 29, 2008
vansau said:
This isn't the first time this guy has run afoul of the Brazilian authorities. About six months ago, he wound up going on the run after police raided his house. http://www.alltechienews.com/posts/poor-john-mcafee-belize-police-arrested-the-antivirus-icon-and-killed-his-dog
I didn't know Brazil had annexed Belize.

(Man, this is the Strange Typos Thread or what)

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
The Random One said:
vansau said:
This isn't the first time this guy has run afoul of the Brazilian authorities. About six months ago, he wound up going on the run after police raided his house. http://www.alltechienews.com/posts/poor-john-mcafee-belize-police-arrested-the-antivirus-icon-and-killed-his-dog

Don't you mean "Man, is this the Strange Typos Thread, or what?"

I'm sorry...we have a theme going here : )

OT: Well, McAfee has been responsible for the murder of millions of processor cycles as well as memory bandwidth, so it figures that in time the man himself would do it. What a strange story...bath salts? Chemistry lab and weapons arsenal in Belize? I still want $100 million bucks, but this shit does happen to people with too much money overnight...

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010

"No, I'm not crazy, officer."

"Yes, this is a glass of my own urine."

"No, I'm not crazy, officer."

"No, you can't test it for illegal narcotics, officer."

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
MorganL4 said:
I don't know that that is the case, I mean McAfee hasn't been involved with the company for 2 years
People still think Bill Gates is in charge at Microsoft. McAfee (the company) is definitely going to have some fallout from this because people are ridiculously stupid.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
According to one news article he bought a million dollar patrol boat for the Belizean coast guard out of what he initially claimed to be philanthropy, but which he later admitted was a bribe to keep them from hassling his ferry business.

Sounds like the local constabulary has it in for him.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
algalon said:
"McAfee changes name to Secure Highspeed Internet Extra Layered Defense"
Built on top of Secure Highspeed Interent Technology.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
First this guy's responsible for shitty anti-virus software and now this?!

My faith.

It is lost.

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
DrunkOnEstus said:
The Random One said:
vansau said:

Don't you mean "Man, is this the Strange Typos Thread, or what?"

I'm sorry...we have a theme going here : )

OT: Well, McAfee has been responsible for the murder of millions of processor cycles as well as memory bandwidth, so it figures that in time the man himself would do it. What a strange story...bath salts? Chemistry lab and weapons arsenal in Belize? I still want $100 million bucks, but this shit does happen to people with too much money overnight...
>>> Living in basement
>>> Make lots of money
>>> Feel like you can do anything
>>> Path 1: gain +15 intelligence and be mature
>>> Path 2: gain +15 Risk-Taking and do whatever you want

For people who've ALWAYS had money they grew up with the mentality of being able to whatever you want without ruining themselves; its similar to when you turn 18, do you A) go clubbing and hang with prostitutes or B) continue on with your life and be smart about restraint and choices

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
So this guys story is like Breaking Bad in reverse? Become a gazillionaire, THEN start cooking up the illegal narcotics, bath salts and recreational household cleansers?

On top of all that it looks like he is wearing a white dress after Labor Day. Oh the shame!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Eh, his antivirus software has ALWAYS sucked.
Still, should have stopped with the guns and started with the anger management.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
He looks kinda like the dude from the Big Lebowski. Seems pretty nuts that he is trying to purify bath salts, a substance that makes people go crazy.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
algalon said:
"McAfee changes name to Secure Highspeed Internet Extra Layered Defense"
God I sure hope so. McAfee is one of the most awkward names I've heard. How the hell do you pronounce that anyway?

I've had it installed on my computer for 3 years and I can't even say it's name.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
MorganL4 said:
I don't know that that is the case, I mean McAfee hasn't been involved with the company for 2 years
Sort of like how McAfee, Inc. hasn't been associated with internet security. Ever.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Yikes! Glad I use another anti-virus software. Reminds me of the guy who invented the Gizmondo and got into all that trouble shortly after.