Updated: McAfee AntiVirus Founder Wanted for Murder

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
This is so weird. You made a fuckton of cash from selling an antivirus solution to particulars and enterprises alike? Well, then, let's take that fuckton of cash and go spend it on meth lab essentials and a small cache of weapons!

Yes, that's totally safe and guarantees a profit!

Captcha: wisdom of inglip
Yeah, I guess that's how things went. John McAffee was on the net two years ago, he had to fill in a Captcha, and Lord Inglip greeted him with "American Drug Lord".

McAffee decided to follow Lord Inglip's advice.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Hey I'm using McAfee on all my home PC's (full editions which we got for free from where I work), it's done a fine job for the last year : /

I don't think McAfee (i.e. this man) has any impact on the company, not for a while at least.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
When it said "McAfee and Faull's most recent argument appears to have revolved around dogs", this is what I imagined:

Faull: Y'know, I think the German Shepard is the best kind of dog.

McAfee: FUCK YOU POMERANIANS! *BLAM*

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
So is Russia going to ban McAfee now?
McAfee is effectivity banned in Russia already, Kaspersky is the official Russian AV product. That might be something to do with the former CEO and current major shareholder of Kaspersky being a supporter of Putin and in particular supporting internet censorship.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
So is Russia going to ban McAfee now?
Nonono, of course not
They will ban ALL antiviruses, because apparently antiviruses causes uncontrollable violence

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Saw this on the 6pm news this evening. The best part is when it's revealed he also has a 17 year old girlfriend.

Classic.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I wish more murderers would have their own antivirus, I would buy a Phil Spector antivirus.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Covarr said:
John McAfee is on the run from Belize police following the shooting of a fellow American the previous weekend.[/B]
>Belize police

Challenge: Say "Belize police" five times fast.

P.S. Thanks
I'm not even sure how to say that in the first place O_O

OT: I think I've got another joke to pile on top of the many that are going to appear. *Ahem*

"So while the antivirus kills computers, McAfee just kills people."

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
vrbtny said:
This.... this dude is utterly bizzare.

Are you sure this is all legit?.... because this sounds like some future HBO story about some computer nerd going rouge and fighting the drug war in his own unique way....

seriously, this guy's tale is just bizarre.
Either way, if I had the money, I'd get buying the rights to a movie, double time.

Seriously, some people just have...odd lives.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
That cardboard box on his head was actually pretty damn clever. Too bad the guy is... you know... nuts.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
On the one hand, McAffee is batshit. On the other, the authorities in that part of the world aren't exactly shining paragons so his claims are entirely possible.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
He ditches a 100 million dollar company to sell drugs in Central America? Man, he was clearly nuts to begin with.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
I want to know how McAfee is still functioning, its by far the worst anti-virus software out there.

mdqp

Oct 21, 2011
renegade7 said:
He ditches a 100 million dollar company to sell drugs in Central America? Man, he was clearly nuts to begin with.
It was probably his dream since childhood... Who are you to judge a man, just because he is chasing his dreams!?! :p :p :p

Anyway, this story is so crazy they should turn it into a movie, just to restore the balance between fiction and reality.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
"placing a cardboard box over his head"
The legends are true then!?
No, it can't be
But there is no other explanation

Holy hell, this guy is working on a real Metal Gear. This explains everything, Kojima saw the future, he's next, someone warn him!

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
So, the fellow makes millions off of selling sub-par software to people who don't know crap about computers (read: a lot of people), and he decides to become a, for all intents and purposes, drug lord?

This story is bizzare, to say the least. He doesn't seem to have his marbles all there - hiring criminals and drug dealers as body guards while amassing an armory of weapons doesn't really paint a picture of a sane guy. And if your being influenced by people like that all day, its not really a huge leap forward to start shooting people too.

And, I'm not sure about the police in Belize, but I assume they probably wouldn't have kicked his door down looking for him if he didn't have some connection. And I doubt he'd be hiding if he didn't know otherwise. But thats just me