US Air Force Confirms Existence of "Brony" Squadron

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
US Air Force Confirms Existence of "Brony" Squadron

Source: <a href=https://medium.com/war-is-boring/1ce5ba1c074b>Medium

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I don't know whether to sigh, lie down and cry myself to sleep or be genuinely impressed.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Well at least it's not in the RAF, so I still have some respect for the pilots protecting my country.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
I don't know whether to sigh, lie down and cry myself to sleep or be genuinely impressed.
Why not all 3? :D

OT: Well this is certainly interesting for sure. Now to wait for the Adventure Time Squad to appear in the Army. ^.^
...it can happen.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Genocidicles said:
Well at least it's not the RAF, so I still have some respect for the pilots protecting my country.
So your saying the pilots in your country are too wussy to like ponies? Its ok, not every county can be manly.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
As long as they do their job, and aren't incompetent I don't have any issue with this.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm really hoping that someone stumbles in here and mewls "Can someone explain to me why this show is so popular? I don't get it."

Because I enjoy the idea of how thoroughly their minds must be blown right now.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Worgen said:
So your saying the pilots in your country are too wussy to like ponies? Its ok, not every county can be manly.
Oh here we go...

The old "You're just too insecure in your masculinity to appreciate some colourful ponies" argument.

I'm sorry, but no. It's a show that is literally made to sell little plastic horses to little girls. Like it if you want, but don't act like you're some kind of paragon of masculinity for doing so.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
To be fair, it doesn't sound like the pilots like the show. It's just a patch that was made for them. And the fact that the joke patch was the one they approved is pretty funny. Though, I'm pretty sure this happens more than we realize. Seems like I heard several famous things were originally intended as jokes.

lacktheknack said:
I'm really hoping that someone stumbles in here and mewls "Can someone explain to me why this show is so popular? I don't get it."

Because I enjoy the idea of how thoroughly their minds must be blown right now.
Wouldn't that just turn this thread into one of those bygone Brony threads where people posted gifs, pics, and clips in support of the show? Then again, I always enjoyed just looking through those threads for the trolling and actually funny things people did post.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
synobal said:
Why do grown men live this stuff, can anyone explain?
CALLED IT!

It's because the show is pretty good... and it's so easy to baffle people with, ever three years later.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
synobal said:
Why do grown men like anything, it's a mystery.

OT:
Y...ay. I guess.

I won't be impressed until their planes shoot rainbows out as exhaust.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Genocidicles said:
Oh here we go...

The old "You're just too insecure in your masculinity to appreciate some colourful ponies" argument.
Nice straw-man you have there.

Anyway, uh, wrong; it was produced for the purpose of selling toys by Hasbro.

It was MADE by a team of artists and writers to be entertaining and humorous, which it is. In fact its mission statement (according to the original creator and lead on the first season) was to be a girl's show that doesn't talk down to its audience like most young female's programming does.

At any rate, expressing a loss of disrespect for someone based upon their taste in television, whether it be cartoons, reality shows, game shows, whatever, is just plain rude.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
And here we are again with the USAF showing they are progressive and tolerable to some tasteful fun. Love it.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Genocidicles said:
Worgen said:
Oh here we go...

I'm sorry, but no. It's a show that is literally made to sell little plastic horses to little girls. Like it if you want, but don't act like you're some kind of paragon of masculinity for doing so.
I'm not a paragon of masculinity for watching ponies. I'm a paragon of masculinity who also happens to watch ponies. Totally different.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Innegativeion said:
Genocidicles said:
Oh here we go...

Nice straw-man you have there.

Anyway, uh, wrong; it was produced for the purpose of selling toys by Hasbro.

It was MADE by a team of artists and writers to be entertaining and humorous, which it is. In fact its mission statement (according to the original creator and lead on the first season) was to be a girl's show that doesn't talk down to its audience like most young female's programming does.

At any rate, expressing a loss of disrespect for someone based upon their taste in television, whether it be cartoons, reality shows, game shows, whatever, is just plain rude.
He doesn't care. I'm starting to see regular posters come into threads like this and post snarky one sentence quips... because reasons. They think they are funny I guess. He and a few others are regulars for this sort of thing.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
lacktheknack said:
synobal said:
CALLED IT!

It's because the show is pretty good... and it's so easy to baffle people with, ever three years later.

are you psychic?