US Air Force Confirms Existence of "Brony" Squadron

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Resistance is futile. You will be friendsimilated.
Does anyone have a borg Pinkie on hand?

But IceForce, Bronies are known to be one of the more infectious fandoms, and others can find that irritating. It's like Homestruck if everyone attempted to make trolls out of EVERYTHING.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
*snigger* Yes. More of this. Actually lets make the planes bright pink with heinous amounts of glitter on them too, that'll really fuck with some heads.

(You think I'm being sarcastic...Doncha)

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
MCerberus said:
Resistance is futile. You will be friendsimilated.
Does anyone have a borg Pinkie on hand?
Will this one do?

It sounds like at least one of those pilots is a brony. And the rest of them seem to have a sense of humour, unlike some of the people in this thread.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
This isn't really something to get mad over guys. They have MLP patches...so? People like the show, it's harmless fun.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
bibblles said:
I would say you need to learn to grow up past pull-ups, but I doubt you'll be around to take it.
Proving my point to a "T". Fuck off.

I think you lack maturity. Ironic for someone railing against something they deem immature...

Could just be me, I could be wrong.
I deem it immature but I do not damn it for being immature. I damn it for being an infectious plague. This is one of the few things I get worked up enough about to actually respond to.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Saw this show. Not exactly my cup of tea but I can see why people like it. I bought the DVD to see it at a store so they got my money, then I gave it to my cousions baby.

Either way, good for them.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
bibblles said:
No. No no no no, just no. You don't like the show? Fine, there are plenty of legit criticisms you can direct at it and even with the way some of the fans act. But the fact that you say that people that like the show should just disappear AND refered to them by a homophobic insult...just no.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I'm going to cherry pick here...

bibblles said:
As though they see no reason to not love this stupid crap, as though anyone who disagreed is some kind of homophobic cretin who can't accept what they like.
bibblles said:
All of you pony fags need to crawl back into whatever yawning abyss you came from and leave the rest of us alone.
Phrases like the latter one are used as examples for the former one. Please get yourself under control, you're acting in poor taste and seem to lack a sense of decency. Being irritated is understandable until it turns into hostility.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Genocidicles said:
Worgen said:
It does sounds like you are too insecure in your masculinity to appreciate some colorful ponies. Seriously, that sounds like your argument. "Men should only like manly things." My argument is "if you always take the path of least resistance, are you really a man?"
I watched a couple of episodes, and I found it to be a boring piece of shit that is too girly to the detriment of the plot.

Oh they stop the bad guy by making friends with him. Well that was sure worth the twenty minutes building it up. /sarcasm

And what's the point of bringing up some fan video? You can't count that for anything, otherwise I could say Harry Potter is the darkest literary work made by mankind because of all the inevitable gore-fics out there on the internet.
What does it being girly have to do with anything? Why is being girly a detriment? I watch big stereotypical masculine things all the time and it doesn't change anything. So why does this have a feminine theme make it bad?

I mean if you find it boring, fine, whatever, but trashing it for being geared toward girls is...stupid. Girls should get to have cool shit too.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
ThriKreen said:
They could have at least put Rainbow Dash on the patch.

Come on!
Well then they'd have to pay hasbro.

OT: I don't geeeeet iiiiiiittt
I understand enjoying a show but I've not exactly seen enjoying as I've seen flat out obsessing over it. It's everywhere and then some. I'm not dismissing the show, and I've not seen it beyond 1 amusing clip involving "yay" however I am questioning how one gets obsessed with ...well any cartoon. ...This is coming from a cartoonist.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
Firstly, have you considered anger management therapy?

Secondly... this is not the 41st century, there is no God-Emperor of Mankind, and the Ordos Malleus is not going to smite someone for liking My Little Pony. Calling them "Pony-Fags" isn't gonna help your side of the argument either.
I've been to anger management, it doesn't help.
I just use those pictures because they're convenient, I'm broadly aware of the millennium we live in.

Ordos Malleus might not smite them, but I will. I've lost friendships over this crap, I can't take it anymore. I'm not some keyboard warrior or forum troll, this is what I really believe. The pony crap needs to end.

Sep 14, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
Not a fan of the show but that's pretty cool.

Innegativeion said:
Genocidicles said:
Oh here we go...

The old "You're just too insecure in your masculinity to appreciate some colourful ponies" argument.
Nice straw-man you have there.
Before I came to be a regular forum goer, I had never heard of the straw-man argument before. By now it should have it's own logo since it's used so much.

Something like this.
I will agree in that people love using the "straw man!/poes law!/logical fallacy!/ad hominem!/ /thread" reply to things, it can get a little old to see it as frequently as it is used to make the person feel like they won the "argument", even if they are right/factually true.

OT:

wow, no "hur durr USA military suxxx" jokes yet? impressed.

I personally don't care for the show really, but this still is pretty funny/cool to do, anything to bond/gain trust with your mates in battle/security/war.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I like how the way the title is phrased makes it seem like this is something US air force has previously denied/have been hassled by the press about. 'Damnit Jim! We can't let them know about the brony unit, the public isn't ready! They can't handle the truth!' As for the story...um, mildly amusing I guess? Made me chuckle. I've heard about military bronies and the like so I suppose hearing something like this isn't all that surprising, but then by the sounds of things most of these guys are just going along with it ironically. Nice to see they have a sense of humour about it at any rate. Looking at a particular poster above; I am kind of amazed how many people on either side of the argument seem to get their panties in such a twist over a bloody TV show. Really isn't that difficult to refrain from posting in a thread that doesn't pertain to your interests.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
I got a feeling that someone out there now feels their purpose in life is complete and can live the rest of their life content. The Pony Patch is now official...