Username Origins

Aug 19, 2010
So, escapists,simple enough. Tell me the origins of your username!

Mine came into existence quite long ago, when i made my first ever account on my first ever website. I was rather young, and really into LEGO, bionicle in particular. So, I took the name of my favorite "Toa", and added the first three letters of my IRL nickname, which is Ronci. And thus my online identity was created, and even though the whole lego thing doesn't hold much relevance to me anymore, I kept the username.

Now your turn.

EDIT: bonus for avatar origins aswell

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I was thinking "What's original?" for a name

I thought to myself, who ever heard... of a Psychic Taco?

And the 115 part is because it's my favourite number/song

And now you know!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
My username comes from a nickname for my long-time friend Joseph, so you may be wondering how it ended up my username.

It all started back in 2006 when me and him founded the joke religion of Pieism, with him as the leader named "JoJo". Problem was that whole pie thing was sort of making fun of him being slightly on the large side and so after a few days we agreed to change it around so I was the JoJo. Later I started using the name online, first only for Pieism related things and later it ended up joined to my old online name Deathunter as JoJoDeathunter before eventually in February this year JoJo completed supplanted it's older counterpart.

And that is the thrilling tale of how I got my username.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Where does my username come from? Well lets just say that I'm the Alpha of the Alphas and that I intend to be a writer who lives where the weather is terrible so that I can have some inspiration. By exiling myself from society, one could even say that I live in a brave new world.

:D

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I have no idea.

Made a YouTube account and randomly said "fuck it, cell phone. Yellow."

And now all of my aliases are based off of it.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Nickname from a long, long time ago. Yes, before us kids knew what a "martyr" was, before you ask.

Fatboy_41

Jan 16, 2012
I'm 6 foot, 70kg, and managed to break a solid timber park bench outside out boozer at Army. Granted, it was rotted through and didn't take much, but the fact that 3 of the biggest guys at out unit were sitting on the other end of the bench made it all the more funny. So, Fatboy was born.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Mine was based on my Xbox live username (which is why I needed zeros), but the original idea came from Big Bang theory.

I originally went by oconneki, but I decided to change it.

EDIT: The Avatar is just a neat pic I got from google.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Shadow is the name of the voice in my head I've had since I was 12. Star is there because it makes it sound like a superhero name, and 38 was my dads taxi number.

Noetherian

Hermits United
May 3, 2012
I needed a StarCraft handle in college. Casting about for something original, I happened to recall an especially awesome name-based adjective from my abstract algebra class. The more I learn about Emmy Noether, the more respect I have for her, so I've kept the handle as one I frequently use. I've never met another Noetherian, though every once in a while a fellow mathematician recognizes it and gets a smile out of the reference. :)

My user icon is similarly obscure; I'll just say it's from a Disney movie I loved as a child. A few escapists have already made the connection, much to my pleasant surprise.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I used the name, FalloutJack, in a Halo Machinima board (Spriggs!) to point out that while I like the show, I am not a Halo fan one bit.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
On an old web based text game, Kings of Chaos, I just chose Lionsfan98, and ever since then I've used it on my websites

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I'm a wannabe-published writer, and 'Copper Zen' is one of the stock names I came up with and have used for different characters in different stories over the years whenever I needed a name off the top of my head. I've used it for old/young and male/female characters from every background and career.

Currently 'Copper Zen' is a support character--an old retired knight in a fantasy novel I'm writing--who always finds himself in over his head. He's not a complete comic relief, but close.

When I needed a Username 'Copper Zen' just popped into my mind first.

My Avatar is closer to my heart.

Noetherian said:
My user icon is similarly obscure; I'll just say it's from a Disney movie I loved as a child. A few escapists have already made the connection, much to my pleasant surprise.
Curse your Too Cute Avatar! I recognize the cat+collar picture but I can't place the name of the movie!

You will tell me what the name of the movie is! Do it! I must know!!!

EDIT: It's not Escape to Witch Mountain. Is it Return to Witch Mountain? It has 1960's or 1970's Disney aliens in it, if I recall correctly.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Internet alias I gave myself many years ago. My old nickname given to me isn't very PC and I wanted to get away from it. This is a better version of it.

As for avatar origins; The picture was taken during a party when I was 17(over five years ago). An old friend photoshopped it later on. Took it because it would stick out a bit while no one else would use it.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
A type-o that stuck (like Soul Calibur) and my last name. It started with my little cult on deviantart and I have built up my identity (avatar and art style) around it.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Excalipoor is a gag weapon from Final Fantasy V that has high stats but deals 1 damage each hit. Make of that what you will.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I put Omega in almost all my usernames at this point. I wanted to put something different in it this time around, and randomly, "Mr" popped into my head.

Now I try to make all my usernames a variation of this...

(sic) humor

Nov 19, 2009
Mine's just a pun I put too much thought into. I usually need to parentheses since most sites won't allow me to include brackets.

I'd prefer [sic] humor.