Uwe Boll's Next Masterpiece Arrives In December

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Uwe Boll's Next Masterpiece Arrives In December

For some inexplicable reason, Uwe Boll's Dungeon Siege sequel will see the light of day.

It's been a while since we heard anything about Uwe Boll. In fact, the last time he got any attention on The Escapist, it was when <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106382-Explosion-On-Uwe-Boll-Film-Fails-to-Stop-Uwe-Boll-Film>an explosion on the set of In The Name Of The King 2 hospitalized six crew members (which was doubly-depressing because it failed to stop the film's production). Unfortunately, it looks like Boll was able to finish the movie and is now planning to release it on DVD.

The movie's full name is In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds (no word yet on whether or not <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2819-Two-Worlds-II>TopWare Interactive is aware of this title) and will star 1980s action dude Dolph Lundgren. It's not actually apparent whether or not the movie will still be associated with the Dungeon Siege franchise, since the "A Dungeon Siege movie" doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere near this project.

Anyway, as if that title wasn't bad enough, here's the official plot summary:

Dolph Lundgren (The Expendables, Masters of the Universe) stars as Granger, a lethal, ex-Special Forces soldier who finds himself transported back to a mystical age of sorcery, dragons and savage hand-to-hand combat. This modern-day warrior has been summoned to defeat the forces of darkness and fulfill an ancient prophecy. But as he fights his way to the truth, Granger learns no one can be trusted -- and one wrong move could cost him not only his life, but the future of his world.

There are just so many things in that synopsis to take issue with, not the least of which is how Dolph Lundgren is credited. <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Expendables-Sylvester-Stallone/dp/B002ZG999U/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1320389210&sr=1-1>The Expendables and <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Masters-Universe-Keepcase-Dolph-Lundgren/dp/B002GHHHOM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320389015&sr=8-1>Masters of the Universe? Really? Not <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Soldier-Special-Jean-Claude-Damme/dp/B0002S94CK/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1320389134&sr=1-1>Universal Soldier and/or <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Rocky-IV-Sylvester-Stallone/dp/B0006GAOGI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1320389159&sr=1-1>Rocky IV? Oh, well, I suppose we should just be glad that the hero of this movie isn't named "Farmer."

In The Name Of The King 2 is due out on December 27th, just in time to be a belated stocking stuffer (or, you know, the media equivalent of a piece of coal - it all depends how you look at it).

On a side note: IMDB doesn't list Boll directing any future projects. It's probably too much to expect, but we can always hope that the man won't return to the director's chair after this.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/11/a_universal_soldier_in_king_arthurs_court.php>Topless Robot

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
The funny part is he did a movie named Rampage back in 2009 which was ACTUALLY not that bad. Funny part? It wasn't related to any game.

Just goes to show... No, he's an asshole.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
HOW DOES THIS MAN GET PEOPLE TO WORK FOR HIM.

Does he pay them obscene amounts of money? Then where does he get the money from?

I reckon it's stupid teenagers who buy his DVDs ironically. Hipster assholes, funding the Uwe Boll machine with their narcissism.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
He's a better movie director than Michael Bey, that's for damn sure.

Are his movies 'good'? No. But they're no worse than the 80's sword and sworcery shlock I used to watch as a teenager.

In the first one, Matthew Lilliard and Ray Liotta's overacting was awesome. They knew it wasn't a masterpiece, so they decided to bring the ham.

Seriously, it's no worse than any far from Troma. His movies are bad, so you watch them like you'd watch Bad movies like Birdemic, or The Room.

Yeah. I'm defending Uwe Boll. Yeah, I'm gonna watch this. Yeah, I plan to enjoy it.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Wasn't this asshole's next project supposed to be an Auschwitz movie? I seem to remember a teaser trailer made in terrible taste a while back. What ever happened to that?

OT: Always a good source for a laugh, that Bole guy. Intentional or otherwise.

APVarney

Writer and game designer
Aug 15, 2006
I wrote about Uwe Boll way back in issue 81 of The Escapist: "Uwe Boll and the German Tax Code [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_81/460-Uwe-Boll-and-the-German-Tax-Code]."

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Is it wrong NOT to hate Uwe Boll's films? I mean, the majority of them aren't good, but I quite liked 'House of the Dead'. Although 'Seed' was one of the most atrocious "films" I've ever seen...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
think I'll get this for a friend this Christmas

soon to be ex-friend bahaha...

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
Uwe Boll has made some of the best worst movies of all time, and unfortunately he has been improving his films D: Starting with A dungeon siege, in fact. Movies like Rampage were quite good. So yeah, I'm looking forward to this one!

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
This film doesn't have Jason Statham or Burt Reynolds. Too bad. Those two made the first movie somewhat fun to watch.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
...Uwe bolls still making films huh? Well, here i thought the guy had gone completely and utterly bankrupt by now after people found out that his movies are all total shit. Still, i think there is nothing to see here, just another crap video game movie nobody will see.

I mean, it's not like he's going to fuck this up by completely destroying the canon of the series until it's nothing by doing something like, say...bringing a modern day soldier from our world and putting him into the world of medieval fantasy when such a thing should be totally impossible-

vansau said:
Dolph Lundgren (The Expendables, Masters of the Universe) stars as Granger, a lethal, ex-Special Forces soldier who finds himself transported back to a mystical age of sorcery, dragons and savage hand-to-hand combat.
OH SON OF A-

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Mr Thin said:
HOW DOES THIS MAN GET PEOPLE TO WORK FOR HIM.

Does he pay them obscene amounts of money? Then where does he get the money from?

I reckon it's stupid teenagers who buy his DVDs ironically. Hipster assholes, funding the Uwe Boll machine with their narcissism.

They should be ashamed of themselves.
He's supossed to be a pretty friendly guy with a lot of connections. Many of the stars do their work for quite a low ammount of money.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
How dare you mock the only genius in the whole damn business. I mean, really, he will happily fight anyone who dares to mock him in the boxing ring.... providing you have no boxing training or similar.

After all, we can't risk having his genius brain being damaged.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
His movies are pretty crap. Yet they are better than most video games adaptations I've seen so far.

Mr Thin said:

Yes. And you;'re wrong. He gets them from German investors who pay for his movies so they don't have to pay tax. True story.

ChillShark

Oct 13, 2010
I still think Dolph is awesome! It's a shame he only gets shit roles nowadays. He could have been so much better in Expendables too! Anyway, whats up with his Sean Connery accent of late?

Uwe Boll sounds more like an object than a person: "I need to upchuck in the Uwe Boll!"

Just how Uwe still gets funding for his superior craptastic movies remains a confounding conundrum. Does anyone know how he manages to convince his financiers? Please let me know so I can start getting rich .