V-day and your plans

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
So with valentines day impending like the yearly exercise in tedium and misery it so often is, I came to wondering what my fellow Escapists are doing tomorrow.

Doing something with you significant other? Playing games? Drowning your sorrows? The same thing you do every night?

I'll personally be trying my hardest to completely ignore the day though my partner will likely not allow me to do so, so I'll be lurking on the forum and playing games most of my day, y'know, time wasting stuff.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I am going to make a cake.
Then me and boyfriend will probably spend some time together and watch a film or something.
And eat cake.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Absolutely fuck all. First time in a few years I've been single for valentines day, and it's been quite a nice change not having to arrange presents, flowers, dinner and all that other stuff. It's just another day as far as I'm concerned.

Epic Bear Man

Feb 5, 2013
Well my S.O. has school in the morning, and I have class later at night, so we'll be spending the afternoon together watching television, surfing the web, eating, etc. We're not gonna be making it a super-special day though.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Oh shet, it's the 14th tomorrow isn't it? Lucky there's no girlfriend I forgot to buy a present for then huh?

Girls are overrated anyway. With their "breasts" and "other confusing girly stuff" ugh, just who the hell do they think they are?!

Actually i'm quite scared of being overly intimate with anyone in general so having a girlfriend is pretty much my worst nightmare. So I make some light hearted jokes to cover that up and stuff >.<

Wait what?

lRookiel said:
Absolutely fuck all.

I will be playing video games all day.

You read my fucking mind sir. I will go one further and say i'll also be watching videos related to games and have a few LPs to watch on the side :3

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
I was totally gonna do this sappy valentine card, without signing my name to it, but include a reference to point her in the right direction....etc, basically a card to her that would be like "Hey, I'm interested in you!", she's a co-worker you see...so I don't really wanna be TOO forward and make things weird.

Then yesterday she wouldn't stop talking about this big date she was going on (and went on and enjoyed) with some dude she was really into right now.

So that pretty much halted THAT plan.

I'll probably play video games after work, as usual, then fall asleep alone with my tears of immeasurable sadness, ya know, normal stuff.

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
Ermmm.... Wake up, work 8am til 9pm, eat tea, sleep. Probably suffer many jokes about being single from co-workers, probably dish out just as many about them being old gits.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
srm79 said:
Absolutely fuck all.
Am I starting a trend?

The Wykydtron said:
You read my fucking mind sir. I will go one further and say i'll also be watching videos related to games and have a few LPs to watch on the side :3
Aye, I'll ofcourse crack out the good ol' game grumps videos to keep me happyin my time of loneliness after kicking ass playing LoL.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
Queen Michael said:
Meeting my best friend and eating muffins, that's what I'll do.
Oh THATS what they're calling it these days is it? ;)

Me: No break to routine - work, home, eat, video games, sleep, repeat. Hooray for singledom! Kind of!

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
I'll be on the train home from Uni, trying to avoid seeing couples as I make my way across the country. Then I'll have a nice meal with my parents once I get home.
Then I'll go to my room, sit on my bed and eat chocolate till I feel sick and cry myself to sleep.

I'm hoping I'll meet the love of my life on the train or something though. It'll be like that TV advert for that thing where that woman asks that bloke whose checking her out where his stop is and he says "it was 5 stops back" or something like that and then they both smile. You know the one... I think it was for toothpaste or something.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Maybe go see Die Hard if I don't waste my money on Thomas was Alone, play Colonial Marines and finally get round to watching Se7en. Honestly, this is a depressing V-day for me as it was the first one I actually tried to have a date for... I don't, so now I'm having an anti-valentine's day.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
Since its Unattached Drifter Christmas, I might spend all day watching Supernatural, like last year.

or probably sleep all day, either one.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well it's the 14th here in Australia already, whether today is our Valentine's Day or if it's pushed back to Friday, I don't know. Hell, I don't even know if Australia celebrates it. That alone tells you what my plans are: fuck all.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
My fiancée and I live over two hundred miles apart and she has grad school classes on Valentine's itself. However, I will be taking a bus to her the next day and we will spend the weekend together. Current plan is to see a show using a discount membership thing. If that fails, then we will watch one or more of the following: Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Naruto, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. In any event, we will go out for dinner somewhere and get what we can out of the weekend.

After all, we generally only see each other four or five times a year.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Luckily we both have the day off so it will be fun. He will try to sneak off early in the morning to get me flowers( like he always does and thinks I am not on to it) and while he is gone I am going to put up and turn on his other flat screen that has been sitting in the bedroom broken for months that he didn't know I replaced the blown caps on the power board and fixed for him. I will put flower petals all over the bedroom and candles turning it into a spa and get out the " naughty and nice" game I made him for Christmas and let him walk in thinking he is going to be surprising me to see his TV fixed that he has been so mad about. He will be treated to a full day of pampering with his fixed TV with fun movies and full body massage. We may go out later, but I would rather "sleep in". I think dinner at home is more fun than what you are limited to doing while eating out. We don't usually get to spend a whole day together so it will be nice for a change.

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
Probably ask a girl to junior formal in a hopefully romantic manner, unfortunately I dont know what that word is.