ValiDate, a Dating Sim

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If you're trying to make an argument that SJWs are A) pervasive and B) influential, you should be able to show tweets that get more than, on average, 1 interaction. (Discounting the tweet with a whopping 25 favs as it is, depressingly, an outlier)
Like, if it's just a handful of people spouting off into the ether...who gives a shit?
No just that people were mad at it. No-one was arguing I had to prove they were influential.

I mean as I said I could post more but I felt 8 examples was pretty good as an opening bit of evidence.

How many do you need me to post because we could play this game forever with me posting more and you going "Well that's not enough evidence".

No?
Like, the mainstream is well known for reacting violently against upcoming counter-culture stuff. Disco Demolition Night comes to mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night
Violence you say?

FYI: Her hat says Make Bitcoin great again so it's not a Trump hat.

Your persuasive SJWs seem to be relegated to indie video games and tweets barely anybody pays attention to. ValiDate is very much not mainstream.

I mean didn't Polygon put out an article recently trying to say Ghost of Tsushima was bad because the Japanese Samurai code has been adopted by Japanese nationalists or something weird like that?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
No just that people were mad at it. No-one was arguing I had to prove they were influential.

I mean as I said I could post more but I felt 8 examples was pretty good as an opening bit of evidence.

How many do you need me to post because we could play this game forever with me posting more and you going "Well that's not enough evidence".
Great. So when do we move on to the "demons infect children through their eyes whenever they use magic in a video game" crowd. Pretty sure I could find plenty of nobodies in the "video games are satanic" crowd. Doesn't mean it's a thing that matters.
Violence you say?

FYI: Her hat says Make Bitcoin great again so it's not a Trump hat.

Okay? And? Like, where do I put the spree murders?

All I was saying is that just because there's a new trend of, say, vice-signaling, doesn't mean that the people who're vice-signaling are the new counter culture and that "SJWs" are mairstream.
I mean didn't Polygon put out an article recently trying to say Ghost of Tsushima was bad because the Japanese Samurai code has been adopted by Japanese nationalists or something weird like that?
No. You should probably read the article.
Or you could be one of the Gamers™️ in the comments trying to say the Japanese writer doesn't understand Japan. You know, going full SJW without realizing it.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Great. So when do we move on to the "demons infect children through their eyes whenever they use magic in a video game" crowd. Pretty sure I could find plenty of nobodies in the "video games are satanic" crowd. Doesn't mean it's a thing that matters.

All I was saying is that just because there's a new trend of, say, vice-signaling, doesn't mean that the people who're vice-signaling are the new counter culture and that "SJWs" are mairstream.

Or you could be one of the Gamers™️ in the comments trying to say the Japanese writer doesn't understand Japan. You know, going full SJW without realizing it.
The writer wasn't Japanese though...

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Things like the new Starwars movies and Captain Marvel and that bad Harley Quinn birds of prey movie and Ghostbusters (both the remake and the reaction to the upcoming one) all show that SJWs are prominent. The fact that you're branded as being someone who is singlaling when you criticize those movies shows that they indeed are using political foundations so your criticism is perceived as a slight against people's politics or a stance against progressive elements in stories when you could just be bemoaning bad acting and writing.

You don't see the same for when someone criticizes, say, the Joker for example. You don't see people complaining about acting and writing, it's all about how it supposedly is a film about an incel and complaints in the orbit of that sort of issue.

And wether Japanese nationalists use Bushido as a basis for their nationalism or not is irrelevant to a historical game celebrating it back in the day. You can reject those people and still respect and honor bushido as an entity onto itself just fine. It's an old as hell historic way of thought about combat and how it intersects with your life, how you go on living as someone who fights offten, it's not something you really apply too much in modern life unless you're a soldier or do Kendo. No harm in an entertaining fantasy experience of what it was back in the day.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Just because a bunch of weirdo nerds got mad at a black storm trooper or the idea of a lady ghostbuster does mean that the people who liked those things are SJWs.

Bushido *isn't* historical. Which is the main thrust of the article.
The game, good as it is, only has the aesthetics of a Kurosawa film, with a distinct lack of the spirit of Kurosawa.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
They shut up mostly years ago. Only time it comes up now is to try and deflect from the latest mass shooting and provide a distraction because you know what TV companies hate? competition. You know what games are? Competition

As for where to put the Spree murders. On the counter next to the attempted ones like the congress baseball shooting or the guy who drove at a Trump campaign tent

No however it does happen as a result of an observable trend. I mean Mary Whitehouse wasn't mainstream as such but she impacted it and people rose up to deliberately piss her off and get her mad at them and their work lol

Japan loved the game...............The writer might be of Japanese ancestry but it seems like he's become very westernised so much so he's happily jumping in to try and claim the game is bad to carry on the weird angry narrative on twitter where people throw claims at the game until one sticks enough people consider it an actual bad point.

I mean the article is the equivalent of arguing Tolkein shouldn't be read or adapted anymore because at one point (and despite Tolkein's own objections to the claims) a bunch of White supremacists used his work as propaganda

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Japan loved the game...............The writer might be of Japanese ancestry but it seems like he's become very westernised so much so he's happily jumping in to try and claim the game is bad to carry on the weird angry narrative on twitter where people throw claims at the game until one sticks enough people consider it an actual bad point.

I mean the article is the equivalent of arguing Tolkein shouldn't be read or adapted anymore because at one point (and despite Tolkein's own objections to the claims) a bunch of White supremacists used his work as propaganda
"Any Japanese person who doesn't like the game isn't actually Japanese" is a hell of a take. Especially considering he liked the game in general.

It is possible to like a thing while not liking an aspect of the same thing.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You...you sure about that? Because I follow Kazuma Hashimoto on Twitter
Well the German flag and Dusseldorf as his location suggests he's not in Japan anymore.

Just because a bunch of weirdo nerds got mad at a black storm trooper or the idea of a lady ghostbuster does mean that the people who liked those things are SJWs.

Bushido *isn't* historical. Which is the main thrust of the article.
The game, good as it is, only has the aesthetics of a Kurosawa film, with a distinct lack of the spirit of Kurosawa.
You know consider the empire was meant to be an analogy for the Nazis and the Storm troopers were all clones it would seem weird initially having a Black Stormtrooper. I mean it kinda screws up some of the symbolism a bit lol.

Oh and her name is Kylie Griffin. Shes been cannon in the Ghostbusters for a while, you might want to look her up lol.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
...what?
Hold on, I need to move to Japan for a year so I can be Japanese and criticize a video game
Look, the only thing I can find out about this person is what's on their Twitter bio and that they also wrote this.

They have their tweets blocked unless they approve the person to follow them so that's all I can get on whoever this person is, maybe if I knew their birth name I could find some concrete information to debate over this with you but as it is I'm relying on you to tell me more about them.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You know consider the empire was meant to be an analogy for the Nazis and the Storm troopers were all clones it would seem weird initially having a Black Stormtrooper. I mean it kinda screws up some of the symbolism a bit lol.
Zero stormtroopers were ever clones and you'd know that if you were an actual fan instead of just somebody who gets mad at what your social media tells you to.
*pushes up nerd glasses*

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Look, the only thing I can find out about this person is what's on their Twitter bio and that they also wrote this.

They have their tweets blocked unless they approve the person to follow them so that's all I can get on whoever this person is, maybe if I knew their birth name I could find some concrete information to debate over this with you but as it is I'm relying on you to tell me more about them.
I did. They're a Japanese immigrant who's currently living in Germany. There isn't a "debate" to be had.

EDIT: Though I gotta admit: the fact that the first big milestone in Animal Crossing that you have to do to access the rest of the game on your deserted island getaway is to build a fucking village. I'm on vacation you Tanuki asshole!

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Zero stormtroopers were ever clones and you'd know that if you were an actual fan instead of just somebody who gets mad at what your social media tells you to.
*pushes up nerd glasses*
So are you just ignoring the formation of the empire would have included the remains of the clone troopers who likely would have been some of the first in the official army or were you hoping I wouldn't check

Fandom wiki said:
In the aftermath of the Clone Wars, the Sith Lord Darth Sidious declared himself Emperor of the First Galactic Empire, ending the thousand-year age of the Galactic Republic and inaugurating a new era in galactic history. As a result, the clone troopers that composed the Grand Army of the Republic became the first stormtroopers during the early years of the Empire.

I did. They're a Japanese immigrant who's currently living in Germany. There isn't a "debate" to be had.

EDIT: Though I gotta admit: the fact that the first big milestone in Animal Crossing that you have to do to access the rest of the game on your deserted island getaway is to build a fucking village. I'm on vacation you Tanuki asshole!
I mean we don't actually know they're Japanese. It could be some-one under an assumed name relying on people thinking he's Japanese.

Wouldn't be the first time

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I mean we don't actually know they're Japanese. It could be some-one under an assumed name relying on people thinking he's Japanese.
As far as assumed names go they are in fact using a new first name at least since they're a transman that has changed their name to a more "masculine" one.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
For fucks sake, it's somebody with a take on a video game you don't like.
Can we not go GamerGate2 on this?